Barksdale Organization vs Stansfield Organization

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
A weak Avon had turned the tide in the war and had Marlo in his sights to finish him off. Why wouldn't we assume that Avon at his peak would win?

Because a rookie marlo got avon shot, and caught on to his plan and killed one of his bytches. :yeshrug:

avon barksdale

i want my corners
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Prison
my crew nicca...didn't you see we had grenades on deck

avon4.jpg

YBE

Banned
Daps
Sorry bruh...:yeshrug:

Barksdale crew had way more experience than the Stanfield crew, seeing as they held on to power longer and actually won a war before, whereas Marlo's crew just had luck on their side with Avon & Stringer backstabbing each other before things got really heated between the two camps. David Simon never went over it (wished they did a Wire prequel :wow:) but, Avon & Stinger had a bloody war with another large drug crew in order to get the Towers in the first place. They wasn't no rookies to this shyt :obama:

The Organization had been established for some time in the streets. Avon, Stringer and Wee-Bey successfully led the crew to kill off all other major Westside drug crews in a bloody battle for the Franklin Terrace Towers; by the end of 1999 they were the sole uncontested drug organization doing business within them.

The Barksdale crew had more soldiers. Wee-Bay. Slim Charles. Cutty (????). Bird. Stinkum. Savino. Little Man. Perry. Country vs. Chris. Snoop. Mike. O-Dog. Monk. The only nikka on the Stanfield side scaring anybody is Chris & he'd be the very first target because without Chris, the rest ain't built for war :skip:

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
nikka barksdale crew got serious FBI attention and all that... marlo was sloppy and a psycho path ... he was a writers plot twist away from being another victim of the barksdale empire

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Your answer is much better I forgot about the towers:ohlawd:

Barksdales never relied on a heavy corner presence in the 1st place because they had a monopoly at the towers. When the towers came down in the 1st episode, other drug crews were already established on the corners.

:gladbron: your right. I haven't rewatched the first three seasons in like 3 years :wow:

Daps
I was gonna say that barksdale at their peak had way more reach with the new york connects and all that other shyt, but Marlo at his peak had the greek backing him and we know how them dudes get down (I don't know if the greek would actually help marlo doe, need to rewatch season 2 but off top im thinking they wouldn't help at all)

crew vs crew though I think Avon mighta had more good soldiers.

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Anyone actually see that movie with Jamie Hector (Marlo) and Wood Harris (Avon)? Was it as bad as it looked? :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the barksdale organization for TWO reasons.

1. a flabby & sick barksdales organization HAD the golden opportunity to get the drop on marlo and his peoples the night avon got raided by the police.

2. at the end of the day, the ENTIRE CITY of b-more still be reflecting back on the barksdales, avon is like ROYALTY in the prison, and even gave the OKAY to marlo to even have a conversation with one of his peoples. whereas at marlo who ONLY cared was his REP was already forgotten.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Barksdale crew had too many holes..

- D'Angelo's case brought all types of heat on them, and a special unit was created as a result which eventually led Freamon to id'ing Avon.

- D'Angelo fukking with a stripper that eventually helped bring them down.

- Not picking up on the pay payphones being tapped sooner and automatically assuming somebody snitching.

- Losing their connect

- The top two people turning on each other.

- Avon getting locked up

- Other than Slim and Weebay, their muscle was sloppy and weak

- The allowed a crack head to infiltrate and ID all of their key people

- Stringer Bell was a snake.

The problem with Barksdale is they lived by old school rules. Marlo and his crew didn't care. Marlo was able to walk away in the end. Marlo was more hands on than Avon. He killed nikkas if he thought they were snitching.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Barksdales all day. Marlo was a clown....he wasn't even smart enough to have shyt he copped in someone else's name, Stringer had to tell him about that.

He was just dumb, and lucky. Not only did he benefit from the towers falling and Avon going to jail, he also benefited from the PD being in fukking shambles. He had what's called "plot armor".....if the Baltimore PD was going at him like they were going at Avon and co. earlier in the series, his reign would've lasted a couple months.

Lastly that whole co-op shyt was :childplease:. It's another case of "plot armor"....he comes into a room, disses 10-15 OGs, and they just sit there like :merchant:? They don't have their own shooters? People were acting like Chris and Snoop are Terminators or some shyt.

I dunno, I got the vibe that Barksdales operated well because they were more organized, and better written....I got the vibe that Marlo and crew had the writers bending over backwards to cater to them succeeding. Some of that shyt was :comeon:

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Something else I forgot that was :shaq2:

The whole Prop Joe shyt....where he revealed his whole operation, money laundering and "connect" to Marlo. This is another case of them bending all kinds of reality and logic to make Marlo come out on top. Nobody in their right mind, especially someone as crafty as Joe, would reveal any of that shyt to an outsider, especially one as power-hungry as Marlo. It was :snoop:

Fred.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You mean Namond?

Namond was also trying to imply "I know where yo sister be if you do something to Mike"

On the topic:

Avon at his peak would win. While Marlo might have been more ruthless, Avon & crew were smarter overall. Avon also had deeper pockets if shyt was to get desperate.

Are you serious? You actually think this?