Barksdale Organization vs Stansfield Organization

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's actually a confirmed fact breh. Of course Namond wasn't gonna do shyt, but he had to pretend like he had Mike's back. Mike even thanked him when he came back.

Where's the confirmation?

Because to me it seems more likely that dikkriding Namond was just doing some more dikkriding than dikkriding Namond was subtly threatening one of the most feared killers in west baltimore. Maybe that's just my interpretation though :manny:

Daps
"The Wire" on HBO: Play Or Get Played | 3rd Exclusive Q&A With David Simon page 9

Last paragraph:

David Simon:
Snoop's sister may or may not be in Namond's class. The reason that Namond uttered that line about her sister being in class, using Snoop's name, as well as the previous line of "Sure, Chris, we'll bump" was to affirm to the gangsters that they were known to all the boys, thereby discouraging them from doing anything to Michael. In leaving Michael, Namond was calling out Chris and Snoop and saying: "If something bad happens to Mike, we know you." It's for that reason that Michael, on rejoining Namond later, thanks him: "Good looking out."

Can't really argue with the writer, but that's inconsistent with Namond's character. He wasn't bout that life, he just wanted to appear to be. To take a subliminal shot at snoop took more balls than I thought he had. I, too, took it as Namond being his usually bytch self.

But looks like I was wrong :manny:

Edit: Why did you post this? Now I'm gonna have to read all twelve pages..I had shyt to do at work :why:

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"The Wire" on HBO: Play Or Get Played | 3rd Exclusive Q&A With David Simon page 9

Last paragraph:

David Simon:
Snoop's sister may or may not be in Namond's class. The reason that Namond uttered that line about her sister being in class, using Snoop's name, as well as the previous line of "Sure, Chris, we'll bump" was to affirm to the gangsters that they were known to all the boys, thereby discouraging them from doing anything to Michael. In leaving Michael, Namond was calling out Chris and Snoop and saying: "If something bad happens to Mike, we know you." It's for that reason that Michael, on rejoining Namond later, thanks him: "Good looking out."

I take back all the jabs I gave you for holding this opinion. They should be directed at David Simon for misunderstanding his own characters.

PrnzHakeem

FKA LilNukka
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Haven
No way Marlo had all the muscle he was just the most ruthless . Joe wanted to bring him in thinking he could civilize him

Dog, the whole coop needed his muscle. All them Eastside kingpins couldn't deal with NY cats setting up shop on they corners with product from NY.

They ran to Marlo to fix it. That's how Marlo knew he could take over. The coop had no muscle to stand up to him.

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
Dog, the whole coop needed his muscle. All them Eastside kingpins couldn't deal with NY cats setting up shop on they corners with product from NY.

They ran to Marlo to fix it. That's how Marlo knew he could take over. The coop had no muscle to stand up to him.
Pretty ridiculous when you think about it. Marlo killed 5 of them before the rest ran away. That means the combined forces of Baltimore's top 'kingpins' couldn't kill a few random out of towners in their own backyard.:snoop:

It doesn't make any sense. When Avon had no muscle in S3 he recruited muscle from the East side. Now all of a sudden the East side had no muscle.:wtf:

PrnzHakeem

FKA LilNukka
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Haven
Pretty ridiculous when you think about it. Marlo killed 5 of them before the rest ran away. That means the combined forces of Baltimore's top 'kingpins' couldn't kill a few random out of towners in their own backyard.:snoop:

It doesn't make any sense. When Avon had no muscle in S3 he recruited muscle from the East side. Now all of a sudden the East side had no muscle.:wtf:

I think because of the Coop, there was no need for protecting turf. :ohhh:

No bodies, no cops.
No bodies, no retaliation, no need for soldiers.

That's what Stringer was about, ending the arms race and the violence and just getting money cuz the police only cared about the bodies.

I'mma have to rewatch the whole series for a 3rd time now.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Whew this is why Marlo was the man, you guys got to listen to the man, he was being schooled by those old school dealers , he played cards with, remember them? They were his connect at first, you think i am wrong? Well they did gamble high stakes in those games, also when he speaks to Fruit about when he ran a shop and his numbers dropped he did something about it, he worked for the guys in that craps game. He learned from them and Vinson, he got all those soldiers from them, look at the size of crew he had, he had his guys living in apartments , you only saw Chris and Snoop but look at the guys who shot up that Hit team Avon sent him. Marlo was never meant to be the son.

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
if we bein reality, string built marlo's organization into what it became by bein such a weak ass bytch :rudy: i don't even think you can consider it the "barksdale crew" once that nikka came into power. the barksdales should be considered all the way up until avon got locked up cuz i swear... this fakkit stringer :snoop:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Marlo only took over when Barksdale goons were gone. But Marlo crew did have Mike who became the new Omar so I think Marlo crew got this.

at the time Mike was just a pawn like Bodie & Poot

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Yeah the writing was a bit sloppy in the last seasons. Omar had almost as much 'plot armor' as Marlo. I hated the way he got the drop on Slim Charles like that, on his front door no less.:snoop:
You telling me a veteran like Charles isn't going to be on alert knowing damn well Butchie's death is going to bring Omar back?
I love Omar but the way he operated throughout the 5 seasons was unrealistic and required a lot of suspension of disbelief.

Omar shouldve BEEN Dead

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Last paragraph:

David Simon:

:ehh: