BANZAI!!: Japan Reveals Unprecedented Military Spending of 320 Billion Dollars. Biggest Military Spending Since WW2

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
The largest pre WW1 battle in human history happened during that war bruh. That war alone saw more combatants fighting than the next two between them combined, twice over almost. It's not even a comparison.

I never said they were invincible, but for the most part the Japanese aint been handed no major country altering L's like that pre WW2. Japan damn near turned into a nation of eunuchs after WW2 bruh. :heh:

When both sides lose almost 400 aircraft combined in a war - it’s not a small clash. Heck, Zhukov became a name due to that war.

Japan is just like the UK - geography is the strength of both countries.

Anyway, I thought you were acting like Japan has never taken any Ls (based on your post), hence I pointed out all the Ls it has taken.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
There are no invincible countries.

Germans are the direct heir to the Vikings in Europe & the best fighting people in modern Europe. Hence it’s a necessity for all Europeans to keep them down & demilitarised.

However, they have the most balkanised empire in Europe & that’s cos they have suffered defeats in wars. Austria, half of Belgium, Kaliningrad, about 1/4 of Poland, half of Switzerland, Luxembourg, Hungary to an extent, etc. Those are German lands that have been balkanised to keep the Germans down. And that happened cos they lost wars.
descended from ________ really don't add up to much imo :manny: never been a fan of the 'best fighting people' stuff overall

only constant at scale is the cultural and social ability to rapidly adapt, innovate, and endure the demands of a peer to peer fight to top to bottom. the brits and americans quickly evolved combined arms in action as well as logistically and were more than happy to not 'fight fair' by letting armor/artillery do the heavy lifting. a US tank crew loses their tank, they get another tank. the german tank crew loses a tank and they're suddenly riflemen.

germans thought that just because they beat up on the french twice and kept the brits in check they had the book on warfare in ww2. if the game changes faster than you can keep up with, you lost.
Yes, that Zhukov. He led the Soviet army in that war.

They weren’t small clashes. Calling them small clashes would amount to calling Russo-Japan war a small clash. People talk about the Russo-Japan war which Japan won but always want to disregard the 2 that they lost to the Soviets.

How’s the 2nd Sino-Japanese different from a lot of wars in recent times? That’s like saying there is a huge elephant in the room during Korean War since British forces achieved the biggest feat in the war & it wasn’t an American war.

Japan has always had a great navy but its invincibility is overstated. It benefits more from geography - than any type of invincibility. Japan is basically the UK of Asia since it’s a bunch of Islands thus making it extremely difficult for any to invade. And it would require a lot of amphibious landings hence countries don’t try it (think Normandy multiplied by 20).

There’s a reason why the US decided to nuke the country to break them cos invading would millions of American lives. Normandy was a total disaster during world 2 & they had to use human waves. And they weren’t even fighting the best German forces cos Hitler sent almost 90% of them to the eastern front against the Soviets. Without that it would’ve been worse. So, with the disaster in Normandy still fresh in the mind of the US generals - nuke was the better option for Japan to save lives. And not cos Japanese people are some super human being.

Geography is Japan’s biggest strength - they’re not invincible.
you're not giving the japanese navy nearly enough credit

they weren't just good, they were elite and made the brits - who ran the seas at the time - fall allllll the way back. carriers, night fighting, amphibious assaults, the best pilot training at the time, etc. they got beat off *attrition* more than anything else lol

they didn't have the materiel to replace losses, their doctrine didn't lead to interoperability between manpower, their training while ahead of its time, took too long and crews were designed to only work with each other, the list goes on. its not about invincible or not, its about effect and sticking to the objective. so punching it out with the russians AND the americans? its wild they even lasted as long as they did fr

geography alone doesn't account for a significant portion of that imo. better geographical places exist and get ran through plenty lol

also - the allies could've blockaded Japan and called it a wrap at that point :dead: that nuke was a show of force for everybody. if 'saving lives' was a persistent US objective then the army wouldn't have got whooped all the way up Italy for no real reason and iwo jima would've been bombed into dirt instead of becoming an occupation.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
200w.gif

Brehimoto is so much better :snoop:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
When both sides lose almost 400 aircraft combined in a war - it’s not a small clash. Heck, Zhukov became a name due to that war.

Japan is just like the UK - geography is the strength of both countries.

Anyway, I thought you were acting like Japan has never taken any Ls (based on your post), hence I pointed out all the Ls it has taken.

I guess. The Russo-Japanese war saw the destruction of damn near the entire Russian navy and solidified Japan as the dominant regional power and a world superpower. On a scale of the magnitude of the wars it really isn't that close. But they did catch small L's to them later on.

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
No, most English aren’t Germanic. Majority of the population is still Roman-Celtic mix. The Germanic population are the noble groups hence class is entrenched in. British society.

All the Germanic tribes that came from the Angles, to the Saxons, & later Normans weren’t that many in numbers to supplant the indigenous population. They just overthrew the Roman-Celtic ruling class & imposed themselves on the people. They didn’t kill off the people.

Germans on the other hand are fully Germanic.

They mixed very heavily with the native population, and the speak a whole Germanic language. English people are not culturally Celtic either you can see that clear as day, they're stereotypically Germanic (aloof, cold, stiff, etc) compared to the Irish for example.

Were both right but theres definitely no meaningful Roman influence in modern Britain from a genetic standpoint, they would be Celtic-Conintental Germanic-Nordic mixed if we broke it all the way down. It amounts to cultural genocide though because we literally know nothing about the Britonnic Celts compared to other Celts.

Similarly to what your saying, the Japanese and Koreans apparently are closer related to each other and to the Mongols than they are to Han Chinese people even though Han Chinese culture and calligraphy shaped those countries

Last edited:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps

They mixed very heavily with the native population, and the speak a whole Germanic language. English people are not culturally Celtic either you can see that clear as day, they're stereotypically Germanic (aloof, cold, stiff, etc) compared to the Irish for example.

Were both right but theres definitely no meaningful Roman influence in modern Britain from a genetic standpoint, they would be Celtic-Conintental Germanic-Nordic mixed if we broke it all the way down.

Similarly to what your saying, the Japanese and Koreans apparently are closer related to each other and to the Mongols than they are to Han Chinese people even though Han Chinese culture and calligraphy shaped those countries
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the Japanese and Korean languages very similar to each other like how Spanish and Portuguese are?

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the Japanese and Korean languages very similar to each other like how Spanish and Portuguese are?
Japanese are basically Koreans who migrated in the 7th century. (I think, I'm going from memory)

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY

Im not entirely sure on that, I think they have a common ancestor but its not as close as Spanish/Portugese, Russian/Ukrainian, English/Dutch.

Edit: I just read up it says they have the same sentence structure and morphology so yea they have to have something going on there.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Im not entirely sure on that, I think they have a common ancestor but its not as close as Spanish/Portugese, Russian/Ukrainian, English/Dutch.

Edit: I just read up it says they have the same sentence structure and morphology so yea they have to have something going on there.
Yeah I was told by this Korean chick one time that the two languages are like 70-80% identical as far as the words they use and shyt. She told me it's almost closer to being a different dialect than a whole new language.

BigBlackSea

All Star
Daps
They have actually started to build up their military for the past few years now. That was Shinzo Abe's whole thing. Though, this is a significant increase that pretty much signals they have all but given up commitment to their pacifist stance.

Also, the US has been pushing them more to militarize recently. A large motivation of the previous pacification wasn't necessarily due to the US but because the populace enjoyed and preferred it.
Similar gameplan that Germany had before and after WW2.

Pre-WW2 they were re-arming by creating secret blueprints for their Panzers (to get passed the League of Nations, they made it look like their interwar designs were tractors).

After the Allies beat the Krauts in submission, the US started pumping money immediately into Germany to prop them up as the full line of defense against a Soviet thrust to the West. Japan is the Eastern version of that. The hopes is that if it ever came to open hostilities against Russian and/or China, US would Korea and Japan as staging points/ foothold in the area as well as more bodies to throw against the enemy...while hoping they don't get aspirations of their own.

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Similar gameplan that Germany had before and after WW2.

Pre-WW2 they were re-arming by creating secret blueprints for their Panzers (to get passed the League of Nations, they made it look like their interwar designs were tractors).

After the Allies beat the Krauts in submission, the US started pumping money immediately into Germany to prop them up as the full line of defense against a Soviet thrust to the West. Japan is the Eastern version of that. The hopes is that if it ever came to open hostilities against Russian and/or China, US would Korea and Japan as staging points/ foothold in the area as well as more bodies to throw against the enemy...while hoping they don't get aspirations of their own.

Im sorry but thats hilarious :mjlol:

Germans getting passed the censors and inspectors at the League of Nations, "Vat, zis? Zis is just unt deezine for a tractor, jah :mjpls: we have un big fields of Je.. I mean, eh WHEAT to PLOW into submission for mein Fuhr.. mein farmers. Jah jah"