Ban cars and this is the result. Vredenburg, Utrecht, Netherlands ...

bnew

Veteran
Daps
This how everybody pull up to the club in Amsterdam.. lol.

20181027-005049.jpg

Its cool to see tho.. oh and their clubs be on point. Went to one called Chicagos.. shyt was rocking just like an American club.

thats pretty dope :russ:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Same here in Baltimore. Traffic that was bad made EVEN WORSE for cacs riding bikes and jogging. They don't even ride in numbers like that:stopitslime:

once a cycling network is built, people will eventually use it enmass.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
This is mostly a northern-Europe thing. Netherlands is probably the most bike-friendly country in the world, even as a pedestrian you have to be careful because they WILL NOT slow down if you're in their lane :ufdup:

As soon as you cross the imaginary dutch-speaking/french-speaking border in Belgium there's much less space dedicated to bikes, going towards the South of the continent. As some breh said the fact that the land is flat as hell helps a lot (that's basically the name of the country). Obviously in cities like Lisbon or Italian cities that go up and down hills and whatnot the bike culture has less developped and it's even probably more convenient to just walk. (that's not an excuse for the terrible public transportation one can find in Italy for example though :huhldup:. For all intents and purposes, you probably do need a car there)

• Dap
Reactions: DLo

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
This is mostly a northern-Europe thing. Netherlands is probably the most bike-friendly country in the world, even as a pedestrian you have to be careful because they WILL NOT slow down if you're in their lane :ufdup:

As soon as you cross the imaginary dutch-speaking/french-speaking border in Belgium there's much less space dedicated to bikes, going towards the South of the continent. As some breh said the fact that the land is flat as hell helps a lot (that's basically the name of the country). Obviously in cities like Lisbon or Italian cities that go up and down hills and whatnot the bike culture has less developped and it's even probably more convenient to just walk.
Yep I went from Amsterdam to Belgium, big difference.
I don't think I remember seeing any bikes in Belgium to be honest.
Also interestingly, I took an uber in Belgium and was talking to the driver, I told him I love belgium beer, he asked which ones, I told him my favorites.
He said oh we don't like those and some he never hear of, then I asked what do you guys drink here and he told me the most popular one there. He told me, and it's true I saw ads of it everywhere. Don't remember the name but I tried it and it tasted like water. That was shoking to me, belgium beers are awesome but the most popular beer in beligum tastes like water???? :mindblown:

Also when I was in Amsterdam I asked about the crime because while I was there I did not hear one police siren.
People said the worst crime right now is bicycle theft, and there's this one guy steaking bicycles and they are trying to find him :heh:

One guy told me he thinks the name of the thief is Dael :francis:

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Can't remember if it was on Twitter or not, but an urban developer redesigned like an entire borough of NYC to make it more accommodating for buses, taxi's, walkers, and cyclists. shyt looked amazing. Doubt if it'll ever happen. We're too stupid as a society.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
I drove into Amsterdam from Germany once and what fukked me up is while waiting at a red light, the bikes surround you and you really feel like a nuisance. It’s the opposite of here where if there’s a bike on the road you’re like “gtfo the way”.
Common courtesy is just the THING over there. I remember when I lived in Germany way back when, you could get a ticket if you were in a drive-thru or waiting at a light behind someone (and not the first car at the crosswalk) and didn't turn your lights off. Sounds like a small thing but it becomes ingrained in you after living there for a while. I still turn off my lights when I'm behind another car