Ban cars and this is the result. Vredenburg, Utrecht, Netherlands ...

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
America is the way it is cause of the freedom to do whatever u want to do, legally speaking. There are some things it’s not the best at. But most of y’all ain’t moving outta here for good even if u could. It’s great to vacation in Netherlands and other countries like it. But come on.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Can't remember if it was on Twitter or not, but an urban developer redesigned like an entire borough of NYC to make it more accommodating for buses, taxi's, walkers, and cyclists. shyt looked amazing. Doubt if it'll ever happen. We're too stupid as a society.

was it this?

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
This is dope. It wouldn't work here because things are spread out so far. But I wish my area had longer bike routes.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
America is the way it is cause of the freedom to do whatever u want to do, legally speaking. There are some things it’s not the best at. But most of y’all ain’t moving outta here for good even if u could. It’s great to vacation in Netherlands and other countries like it. But come on.

Bizarre post. You believe in the American dream breh? The majority of Americans are 'free' to be broke and powerless maybe.

concise

Veteran
Daps
There's an attempt at that very change going on now in some US cities, where entire downtown streets are closed to vehicles and open only to pedestrian/bike traffic, where live-eat-work construction is popping up, etc. The problem with that attempt at change in the US is that it's not going to be applied equally to everyone. A lot of the infrastructure money in the recent passed bill will go towards exactly those concepts, especially the live-eat-work aspect.

If anything it'd be easier for the US because there's so much more space compared to Euro cities. You can tear down and rebuild as you like, that's simple urban planning. When the interstates got built people complained...and they still got built. If the will existed, there'd be change.

I imagine the "live-eat-work" concept will be used to re-introduce new kinds of segregation and isolation here, ie, "you've already got your stuff on that side of town, why are you using cars to come over on my side". :patrice:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I imagine the "live-eat-work" concept will be used to re-introduce new kinds of segregation and isolation here, ie, "you've already got your stuff on that side of town, why are you using cars to come over on my side". :patrice:

thats being done with cars :comeon: aka driving while black.:francis:

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
fukk all that, I like my car & driving through the city

giphy.webp

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Coli like "omfg why cant we live in a white utopia too" :sadbron:

Breh, that has nothing to do with cars being terrible for the environment and actually make doing things in your own area a pain in the ass.

American history is replete with car culture and highways literally destroying massive black neighborhoods/wealth and displacing thousands of black people. :hhh:
The Coli shows its ass again.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps

Yep. It ticks off several boxes, not the least of which is a yearning for a return to that small-town feel where the locals know all the locals.

Of course...there's lots of room for mischief in who gets to decide who's a "local" and who isn't.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Yep I went from Amsterdam to Belgium, big difference.
I don't think I remember seeing any bikes in Belgium to be honest.
Also interestingly, I took an uber in Belgium and was talking to the driver, I told him I love belgium beer, he asked which ones, I told him my favorites.
He said oh we don't like those and some he never hear of, then I asked what do you guys drink here and he told me the most popular one there. He told me, and it's true I saw ads of it everywhere. Don't remember the name but I tried it and it tasted like water. That was shoking to me, belgium beers are awesome but the most popular beer in beligum tastes like water???? :mindblown:

Also when I was in Amsterdam I asked about the crime because while I was there I did not hear one police siren.
People said the worst crime right now is bicycle theft, and there's this one guy steaking bicycles and they are trying to find him :heh:

One guy told me he thinks the name of the thief is Dael :francis:

Yeah there's like 500 types of beers in Belgium, and some of the ones that are most known abroad (Leffe, Hoegaarden...) are just regular beers there. Maybe he was making a joke about Cara Pils which is like the cheapest beer ever and therefore "popular" lol...I don't even think I've ever drank one. The best beers aren't necessarily the most popular because you don't find them everywhere.

In Belgium you'll see more bikes in Flanders (they have those huge bike parking spots in a lot of train stations) but it's clearly not as much as in the Netherlands. I think bikes are more used for leisure than for everyday transportation (lots of people in Flanders live in one city and work in another, which may also explain that). In Brussels you def won't see that many, it's not bike-friendly at all.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Breh, that has nothing to do with cars being terrible for the environment and actually make doing things in your own area a pain in the ass.

American history is replete with car culture and highways literally destroying massive black neighborhoods/wealth and displacing thousands of black people. :hhh:
The Coli shows its ass again.
Yeah cause it was because of cars that white supremacy existed right?

I mean slaves was building cars for America right

Am I right?

Man shut ya dumb ass the whole fukk up

Crackas displaced Black people for any and all reasons
And would have done it regardless of a car culture

U sound stupid and childish as fukk

Neg u dumb ass piece of shyt cac apologists yacubian :rudy:

fukk u and the fakkits that dapped u