Baltimore State Attorney Marilyn Mosby indicted by the feds for false Covid load applications

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:russ: too bad the law doesn’t see it that way. Her personal interpretation isn’t good enough. Hell, she may have fared better saying it was for the tax lien.

I mean
A hardship distribution is a withdrawal from a participant's elective deferral account made because of an immediate and heavy financial need, and limited to the amount necessary to satisfy that financial need. The money is taxed to the participant and is not paid back to the borrower's account.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Cacs been on her ass since defiantly trying to prosecute those cops for Freddie Grays murder.
And she handed them an alley-oop.
I think the charges are absolutely absurd - but if the language is as clear as they're making it out to be she's going to have an uphill battle.
I see cacs in here… It’s her retirement money and if any of you clowns had a gov retirement or deferred compensation account in 2020 you was allowed to withdraw up to 100k out of your retirement due to Covid… Cops, Postmen, firefighters etc did this across the board..

She will be found not guilty… This indictment is just to muddy her name
I think there was specified language. But she hired Reed Smith so she should be fine.
She was well within her right to withdraw her own money so how is it stupid?
If she facially ignored the language, again, it won't be as easy an argument. If there's some ambiguity it should be a slam dunk.

I'm interested in the policy itself.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
What was the criteria? In 2020 you were allowed to withdraw up to 100k without PENALTY… Try again homie

cops, firefighters, correctional officers etc didn’t experience any hardship yet they took full advantage of withdrawing from their retirement to buy houses, cars boats etc

According to the article

Mosby had not experienced adverse financial consequences stemming from the coronavirus as a result of ‘being quarantined, furloughed or laid off’ or ‘having reduced work hours’ or ‘due to lack of childcare’ or ‘the closing or reduction of hours of a business I own or operate’” - all perquisites for obtaining the loan, which Mosby attested to under penalty of perjury,” federal prosecutors wrote in the indictment.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What do you have against Marilyn?
Outside of the Keith Davis prosecution, she's done her best to keep black people out of jail in Baltimore.

And murders are running the streets. A dude’s charges were lessened and he set his ex’s building on fire. Criminals need to be in jail, regardless of their race. Cities should not be having 400+ murders per year and if it does the state’s attorney can’t afford to be lax on crime. Then Keith Davis.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
According to the article

how are they going to decide what type of adverse consequences she had. To me that screams personal interpretation. Unless I see otherwise. It needs to say x amount of loss to salary or something. If it just says hardship you decide that.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I mean
A hardship distribution is a withdrawal from a participant's elective deferral account made because of an immediate and heavy financial need, and limited to the amount necessary to satisfy that financial need. The money is taxed to the participant and is not paid back to the borrower's account.

And buying a half mill rental property with the money probably will never qualify as an immediate and heavy financial need. You tried and so did she.

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
how are they going to decide what type of adverse consequences she had. To me that screams personal interpretation. Unless I see otherwise. It needs to say x amount of loss to salary or something. If it just says hardship you decide that.
Spoken like a city worker who withdrew out of his pension under questionable circumstances.:lolbron:

I feel you bro:yeshrug:. Those were uncertain times.

Wouldn't want to see a regular Joe get popped for this. And I don't think we will.

When you're at her level, you're a target.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
what qualifies?
Lmao an immediate and heavy financial need.

If you’re saying a down payment on a rental property, that she lied and claimed as a second residence to get a lower interest rate, is an immediate and heavy financial need, there is nothing else for us to discuss. We can just disagree.