Baldur's Gate 3 (PC, PS5, Xbox Series) [no open spoilers]

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
Finished my first playthrough, 10/10 game. Act 3 and the final bosses were a bit underwhelming compared to Act 1/2 but :manny:

I missed a bunch of content the first time around since I didn't have Lae'zel/Wyll/Karlach/Jaheria/Halsin.

Doing a 2nd run as a Gith Ranger, this time me and Lae'zel and best friends. I already killed Astarion, I figured no way a Gith would let him survive after his habitual line stepping. Probably going to kill Shadowheart this time too.

Act 1 is incredible how you get a different experience based on race/class. Already see the differences between Drow/Wizard and Gith/Ranger. Also fun to go from spellcasting all 1st run, to using ranged weapons and dual wielding.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I missed a bunch of content the first time around since I didn't have Lae'zel/Wyll/Karlach/Jaheria/Halsin.

:dahell:

So you didn't do any of the respective (Gith creche/Vlakkith, Mizora, Stone Lord, etc.) content?

Did you go to the House Of Hope?

Fred.​

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Finished my first playthrough, 10/10 game. Act 3 and the final bosses were a bit underwhelming compared to Act 1/2 but :manny:

Doing a 2nd run as a Gith Ranger, this time me and Lae'zel and best friends. I already killed Astarion, I figured no way a Gith would let him survive after his habitual line stepping. Probably going to kill Shadowheart this time too.

Act 1 is incredible how you get a different experience based on race/class. Already see the differences between Drow/Wizard and Gith/Ranger. Also fun to go from spellcasting all 1st run, to using ranged weapons and dual wielding.

After I get and complete Spider-Man I will get started with play thorough 3. The game truly is a marvel.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

So you didn't do any of the respective (Gith creche/Vlakkith, Mizora, Stone Lord, etc.) content?

Fred.​
must be a very different playthrough without all these characters. it's interesting because in my mind so much of this is directly tied into the main story, but apparently it can function without them

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX

Fred.​

No.
Lae'zel and Shadowheart started fighting, I let SH kill her. We needed that stolen gith artifact and after meeting the gith at the mountain pass entrance, I thought she might eventually snitch or try to take it back. I skipped the Creche because I didn't believe they could fix anything + I went through the underdark.
Also killed a group of gith in Act 3 and forced Orpheus to turn into a mindflayer because I was too selfish.

I don't know what the House of Hope is.

I met Mizora when she gave Wyll the horns but he ran off because I let the goblins into the grove. I initially wanted to kill the goblins but I went "undercover" in the goblin camp to rescue Halsin. I guess I went too deep because he attacked me. Then I decided to go all the way, I got the absolute brand and pretended to be on their side thinking it'd make Act 2 easier. Plus I wanted to team up with the other drow Minthara/Nere.

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
No.
Lae'zel and Shadowheart started fighting, I let SH kill her. We needed that stolen gith bg3 artifact and after meeting the gith at the mountain pass entrance, I thought she might eventually snitch or try to take it back. I skipped the Creche because I didn't believe they could fix anything + I went through the underdark.
Also killed a group of gith in Act 3 and forced Orpheus to turn into a mindflayer because I was too selfish.

I don't know what the House of Hope is.

I met Mizora when she gave Wyll the horns but he ran off because I let the goblins into the grove. I initially wanted to kill the goblins but I went "undercover" in the goblin camp to rescue Halsin. I guess I went too deep because he attacked me. Then I decided to go all the way, I got the absolute brand and pretended to be on their side thinking it'd make Act 2 easier. Plus I wanted to team up with the other drown Minthara/Nere.

Damn man that's crazy. You only seen like half of the game so far.

Fred.

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
Damn man that's crazy. You only seen like half of the game so far.

Fred.

I feel like with a lot of games you want to experience everything in your first playthrough, but BG3 is a rare game that's good enough and has enough to play through more than once.

Even missing content, I was able to hit level 12 easily and the game went on forever. With ~10 companions and only 3 party slots, it's fine to pick and choose as long you commit to the 2nd playthrough.

1st playthrough Me, Shadowheart, Minthara, Gale/Astarion
2nd playthrough Me, Lae'zel, and a mix of cleric hireling/Wyll/Gale/Jaheira/Halsin

The only content I won't see is Karlach's, just don't care about her or like playing with barbarians.

• Dap
Reactions: hex