Baldur's Gate 3 (PC, PS5, Xbox Series) [no open spoilers]

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Lol, this is totally me now, still in act 1 on my 2nd character after 90+ total hours of play time

That was totally me in the Lower City. I had to just force myself to finish it. That and game fatigue. I haven't played a game in like a month since I beat BG3. shyt just became tiresome with all the decisions. I had to take a break from gaming a bit to recenter. It was no longer fun. I'm gonna jump on Cyberpunk, Spider-Man, and Alan Wake 2 before tackling Starfield. The thought of playing another 100+ hour game has me like :sadcam:
I'm experiencing something similar with Starfield. The part in the article where he talks about his work/game/life balance. It can be overwhelming try to juggle life, work, and these massive games is a challenge. Scheduling game time is a must with so many great, time-consuming titles out there. My backlog will delay Spider-Man until late next year, and I'm uncertain about the cyberpunk DLC. FF7 part two is coming soon too. Taking breaks between 100+ hour games is crucial.

This is why I can’t trust Most game reviewers, they rush through titles without time to truly enjoy or reflect on them. There is no way you can burn through so many games so fast and really appreciate the games for what it is imo.

Hostile

All Star
Daps
Ok I been thinking about jumping into this game after I finish Starfield, due to ALL of the hype and glowing reviews. One of my friends said it’s a masterpiece and was so good it made him not like Starfield.

But here is the thing, I don’t know what a CRPG is
I have never played D&D
I don’t like top down games
I don’t really care for strategy games and turn based RPG are cool but not my favorite

My question is this game for me? After watching multiple videos I really don’t know what the hell is going on and how this game is getting such glowing reviews
If you have a pc just get it on GOG and ask for a refund if you don't like it.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Ok I been thinking about jumping into this game after I finish Starfield, due to ALL of the hype and glowing reviews. One of my friends said it’s a masterpiece and was so good it made him not like Starfield.

But here is the thing, I don’t know what a CRPG is
I have never played D&D
I don’t like top down games
I don’t really care for strategy games and turn based RPG are cool but not my favorite

My question is this game for me? After watching multiple videos I really don’t know what the hell is going on and how this game is getting such glowing reviews

Also you dont have to play it as a “top down” rpg, you can use a gamepad or controller and it plays like a regular turn based 3rd person rpg

1_wBKSIhB.jpg

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Started playing this last night and man it’s like the next gen Divinity 2 sequel I was always hoping for :wow:

I like that they give your characters a decent amount of tools to work with early on. I’m in that goblin camp taking out all the bosses. Got 2 of 3 down but now I gotta fight that swole mf :patrice:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Started playing this last night and man it’s like the next gen Divinity 2 sequel I was always hoping for :wow:

I like that they give your characters a decent amount of tools to work with early on. I’m in that goblin camp taking out all the bosses. Got 2 of 3 down but now I gotta fight that swole mf :patrice:
I keep forgetting I own a PS5. I need to go ahead and cop this . :mjlol:

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
was watching some gameplay w/ a main character using the “Dark Urges” perk and that shyt really takes you down an evil path lol.

dude had the option to bite Gale’s arm and kill him when he was reaching out from that portal at the start of the game :mjtf:.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
was watching some gameplay w/ a main character using the “Dark Urges” perk and that shyt really takes you down an evil path lol.

dude had the option to bite Gale’s arm and kill him when he was reaching out from that portal at the start of the game :mjtf:.

tumblr_inline_n7zorhm2E21sondcu.gif

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps

I talked my way through that camp, it was funny because when I first went in I failed the persuasion attempt and they told me to fukk off

So I switched to the character that can morph its race and went back to him and passed lol. I walked in and bs my way to the top guy and he had me go on a whole other mission smh