Daps
Reppin
The Bay
The end of this game on tactician is mad tedious

The courtyard, Getting to the brain portal, killing the brain :why:

I was literally waiting up to 5 minutes at a time for my go :stopitslime:

Did it tho, still a 10/10 and GOTY for sure
oh no.

I have a Tactician+ mod installed, and I've been lollygagging through act 3, coasting, but also hesitating on doing the ending on this run.
I put a rule on myself before I started that I could install the additional party member mod but I wasn't allowed to call any summon allies for the final rush to the ending.

oh
no
:snoop:

This is about to be hell, isn't it?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Lol, this is totally me now, still in act 1 on my 2nd character after 90+ total hours of play time

That was totally me in the Lower City. I had to just force myself to finish it. That and game fatigue. I haven't played a game in like a month since I beat BG3. shyt just became tiresome with all the decisions. I had to take a break from gaming a bit to recenter. It was no longer fun. I'm gonna jump on Cyberpunk, Spider-Man, and Alan Wake 2 before tackling Starfield. The thought of playing another 100+ hour game has me like :sadcam:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
oh no.

I have a Tactician+ mod installed, and I've been lollygagging through act 3, coasting, but also hesitating on doing the ending on this run.
I put a rule on myself before I started that I could install the additional party member mod but I wasn't allowed to call any summon allies for the final rush to the ending.

oh
no
:snoop:

This is about to be hell, isn't it?
The performance in Act 3 can be it a bit choppy on ps5 when there’s a lot going on, in terms of a bit of move lag…and yeah 20+ enemies all with buffed health and defence turns something that should of felt epic into a battle that is very annoying/boring

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
as a deep gnome when you get to the underdark and gryforge or whatever it's called with the gnome slaves breaking rocks got me tight, people are reacting to me racist as hell :mjlol: .

every npc I talk to assumes I'm a slave and is like who is this nikka NOT breaking rocks lmao. even had a gnome (pisspot?) that was slaving basically called me a c00n as I was trying to free him smh.
the nikka Coal (Decrepit Village) dialogue even skips all the roll possibilities and is just hostile on sight. said "you're not the gnome I'm hunting but a gnome is a gnome" man cmon :francis:.

lmao but when you confront with another party member as the active lead we can just keep it peace by beating a roll

Last edited:

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
as a deep gnome when you get to the underdark and gryforge or whatever it's called with the gnome slaves breaking rocks got me tight, people are reacting to me racist as hell :mjlol: .

every npc I talk to assumes I'm a slave and is like who is this nikka not breaking rocks lmao
the nikka Coal (Decrepit Village) dialogue even skips all the roll possibilities and is just hostile on sight. said "you're not the gnome I'm hunting but a gnome is a gnome" man cmon :francis:.
damn nikka that's dark :mjlol:

I'm continually impressed that these reactive things are in the game and just lowkey - they aren't out here throwing press releases to hype themselves for doing it. It's just a natural thing. Been too many games lately calling themselves RPGs that don't even try that barest minimum and when they do, it's in bold on the damn box to brag.

Getting to skip whole fights by being Drow, Duerger finding a way to put a Hard R in 'Deep Gnome', Shadowheart not liking the PC if they're gith. Just great little things. It's clear the difference in a game's development that actually giving a fukk makes :blessed:

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Shadowheart's arc is dark as fukk. Jesus Christ. :huhldup:

Fred.
I guess... it's either an allegory of becoming athiest and losing your 'home/family' on some excommunication shyt... or it's a story of religious zealotry that turns into borderline terrorism.
Ol Jen either a Scientologist/Mormon, or she's a radical religious extremist.

My money's on Karlach's being the saddest, but Astarion's possibly being the darkest. Literally become everything you hate with zero self-awareness. Dude literally becomes the victimizer that he hated Cazador for being if left to his own devices, from sheer power thirst.

If we talmbout backstory though, Minthara's pre-game life was :picard: No wonder her and Orin were all scissored up - both they mamas tried to kill them

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I guess... it's either an allegory of becoming athiest and losing your 'home/family' on some excommunication shyt... or it's a story of religious zealotry that turns into borderline terrorism.
Ol Jen either a Scientologist/Mormon, or she's a radical religious extremist.

My money's on Karlach's being the saddest, but Astarion's possibly being the darkest. Literally become everything you hate with zero self-awareness. Dude literally becomes the victimizer that he hated Cazador for being if left to his own devices, from sheer power thirst.

If we talmbout backstory though, Minthara's pre-game life was :picard: No wonder her and Orin were all scissored up - both they mamas tried to kill them

I'm not far enough to know what happens with Karlach, the next part to her quest is "confront Gortash" and he's the last one I need a stone from. So I'm doing everything else before that, I'm assuming if you get all 3 stones it starts the end of the game.

I actually let those parents (the Gurs I think they were called) kill Astarion after he ascended because he was talking a bit too spicy for me.

Minthara I killed, had no idea you could even recruit her until I seen something on YouTube. Oh well :manny: I wiped out that entire area.

Fred.

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
i'm about to go in for round 2 :mjlit:

did a dark urge draconic sorcerer and ran astarion/shadowheart/karlach for my first playthrough, what'd be the biggest changeup? :ehh:

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
i'm about to go in for round 2 :mjlit:

did a dark urge draconic sorcerer and ran astarion/shadowheart/karlach for my first playthrough, what'd be the biggest changeup? :ehh:
Never played draconic nor sorcerer but I really enjoyed Githyanki Ranger my first playthrough. As for companions, go Wyll, Lae'zel and further on add Minthara or Jaheira. Never had Minthara (Dark Urge killed her after seducing her) but Jaheira is a nice add-on.

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
Never played draconic nor sorcerer but I really enjoyed Githyanki Ranger my first playthrough. As for companions, go Wyll, Lae'zel and further on add Minthara or Jaheira. Never had Minthara (Dark Urge killed her after seducing her) but Jaheira is a nice add-on.
noted for my next run, i feel like i didn't really get the ranged weapon combat experience except with astarion real late game. i ended up deciding to do another run of prey 2017 tho. :lolbron: