Baldur's Gate 3 (PC, PS5, Xbox Series) [no open spoilers]

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel like with a lot of games you want to experience everything in your first playthrough, but BG3 is a rare game that's good enough and has enough to play through more than once.

Even missing content, I was able to hit level 12 easily and the game went on forever. With ~10 companions and only 3 party slots, it's fine to pick and choose as long you commit to the 2nd playthrough.

1st playthrough Me, Shadowheart, Minthara, Gale/Astarion
2nd playthrough Me, Lae'zel, and a mix of cleric hireling/Wyll/Gale/Jaheira/Halsin

The only content I won't see is Karlach's, just don't care about her or like playing with barbarians.
Oh you had one of those accidentally evil playthroughs lol. At least you got Minthara. I love listening to her talk with that haughty ass voice

As far as Karlach goes, keep in mind you can always respec and change her class to something else via Withers. Admittedly her companion stuff is pretty much the least plot relevant

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
I will accept no Karlach slander in these parts :demonic:

Seriously, she's the best character of the companions. Her story isn't as intrinsic to the narrative as Jenevelle's or Lae'zel's, and her arc doesn't tie neatly like Wyll or Gale... but in a poll of people you'd want to actually spend time with on purpose, it's basically her and a gap so huge before the next companion her back would be rendered in 144p to save on resources.

That said... respec her to something worth using. Moreso to a stealth class simply because her default dialogue when sneaking is nonstop 'I'm bad at this stop making me do it.'

She doesn't go through a crisis of faith or anything, but there's some good pathos on surviving vs living, and the little demonspawn gets to play with existentialism in her own blunt, brute-force way.

Plus. She's technically the only character that none of the other companions dislike. Protect Karlach at all costs :ahh:

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
game is huge. watching some top 10 tips and tricks from Act 1 YouTube and I only have seen like one of the entries mentioned :mjlol: .

they talking about Laezel I’m like oh yeah I bushed her like 35 seconds into the playthrough.
I kicked Astarion's weird ass out my camp for trying to bite me on my first playthrough :camby:

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
Oh you had one of those accidentally evil playthroughs lol. At least you got Minthara. I love listening to her talk with that haughty ass voice

As far as Karlach goes, keep in mind you can always respec and change her class to something else via Withers. Admittedly her companion stuff is pretty much the least plot relevant
wow didn't know Minthara was playable and I never even saw Karlach. I feel like my playthrough will feel like damn near a whole diff game.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
finally beat this. what an epic journey :wow:

EDEFBE823E19658877071C61CE9E9FFC490C59C6

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Ok I been thinking about jumping into this game after I finish Starfield, due to ALL of the hype and glowing reviews. One of my friends said it’s a masterpiece and was so good it made him not like Starfield.

But here is the thing, I don’t know what a CRPG is
I have never played D&D
I don’t like top down games
I don’t really care for strategy games and turn based RPG are cool but not my favorite

My question is this game for me? After watching multiple videos I really don’t know what the hell is going on and how this game is getting such glowing reviews

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Ok I been thinking about jumping into this game after I finish Starfield, due to ALL of the hype and glowing reviews. One of my friends said it’s a masterpiece and was so good it made him not like Starfield.

But here is the thing, I don’t know what a CRPG is
I have never played D&D
I don’t like top down games
I don’t really care for strategy games and turn based RPG are cool but not my favorite

My question is this game for me? After watching multiple videos I really don’t know what the hell is going on and how this game is getting such glowing reviews

CRPG means computer RPG, but it's an outdated term. It refers to old school games like "Neverwinter Nights", the OG "Baldur's Gate", etc. that only appeared on PCs back in the day.

Now it's just a catch-all term for any game like that.

I've also never played "D&D" but if you've player any RPG from the last 40+ years, everything should be familiar to you because "D&D" is the blueprint for anything RPG related since the 70's.

As far as if you'll like it :manny: it's a turn based RPG but the writing and characters are top notch. In addition to giving you an insane amount of freedom on how you want to play the game. Which is where all the praise is coming from.

There's people in here that have done a full play through and never even met half the characters. There's people that did an evil play through, and the villains of my play through were their allies.

It's hard to explain how much fukkery you can get into with this game, without you playing it yourself.

Fred.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
CRPG means computer RPG, but it's an outdated term. It refers to old school games like "Neverwinter Nights", the OG "Baldur's Gate", etc. that only appeared on PCs back in the day.

Now it's just a catch-all term for any game like that.

I've also never played "D&D" but if you've player any RPG from the last 40+ years, everything should be familiar to you because "D&D" is the blueprint for anything RPG related since the 70's.

As far as if you'll like it :manny: it's a turn based RPG but the writing and characters are top notch. In addition to giving you an insane amount of freedom on how you want to play the game. Which is where all the praise is coming from.

There's people in here that have done a full play through and never even met half the characters. There's people that did an evil play through, and the villains of my play through were their allies.

It's hard to explain how much fukkery you can get into with this game, without you playing it yourself.

Fred.
That’s dope

• Dap
Reactions: hex