Babylon pulls 3.5$ million over the weekend off a 80$+ million budget

Conz

Superstar
Daps
this guy got to his masturbatory vanity piece way too quickly in his career. 4th movie and he's already made his expensive non-ip megabomb. i think First Man was kind of a bomb too, but at least that was a biopic of a univerally known figure.

Daps
Reppin
T Dot
You knew the movie was bad when they paid for multiple c list Ig and tik tok influencers to walk the red carpet. Like u think sissy Sheridan is gonna mk this a hit? Hahaha

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was looking for something to see this weekend and it came down to this and Avatar, so I was willing to spend 3 hours at the theater.

I hadn’t seen the first Avatar and had little interest in it. However when I saw the run time of Babylon and the fact I couldn’t really decipher what it was about, it was Avatar by a mile. At the very least I knew it would look phenomenal and have a good pace.

I’ll check this out once it’s streaming, but they did a terrible job of making people want to see it.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
Hollywood producers can trim the budget by not hiring tons of Alist actors and instead focus on cheap talent that are good and give them a chance to star in oscar bait movies to have a manageable budget.. but they dont do that. :francis:
They do it all the time, only with our movies

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Hollywood making movies about Hollywood will always get a chuckle out of me when they flop. Just so pretentious with an air of importance about shyt that important to literally only them or the star obsessed losers that follow their every move. Good riddance.
They are so out of touch they don't even realize most people nowadays have disdain for them not admiration. Hopefully, after enough flops they stop covering themselves as the subject matter.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
this guy got to his masturbatory vanity piece way too quickly in his career. 4th movie and he's already made his expensive non-ip megabomb. i think First Man was kind of a bomb too, but at least that was a biopic of a univerally known figure.
First Man was definitely forgotten. Whiplash will always be his best movie. Hard to top a flick like that but dude got too big for his britches.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
First Man was definitely forgotten. Whiplash will always be his best movie. Hard to top a flick like that but dude got too big for his britches.
i'm sure there are people that would argue for La La Land. not me, but there are definitely some. movie was corn city.

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps
Hollywood loves making movies about hollywood.

Mank, once upon a time in hollywood and now this......

Not just Hollywood. Old Hollywood. Like, they’re in love with the golden age period and don’t realize that while the stories from back then are definitely interesting, most people couldn’t give af about that time period like they do