Babylon pulls 3.5$ million over the weekend off a 80$+ million budget

satireprod

Superstar
Daps
to most of the posters point...Hollywood loves writing essentially the same type of story about itself...decadent, lavish, etc and it's always centered around OLD Hollywood..they do that for 2 reasons...one because some of the old guard LOVES to think about the glory days and 2 if the film is meant to take a swipe at the industry they mock the old establishment...that way they dont offend current power players...add that all up and its a movie that inside that bubble is acceptable BUT the average viewer has no interest in

there are stories that could be made about Hollywood (currently) that would be totally out of the box from the recent movies but will someone be "brave" enough to satirize how it's run possibly offending the gatekeepers....

Side note, a movie about trying to make it in Hollywood as a black artist..the obstacles and pitfalls we face... can be done for 3 to 5 mil..doesn't need a crazy budget like that

Give me @Ziggiy and @Drew Wonder to help with co-writing the screenplay.. :wow:

Last edited:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Saw this last night. need to sit with it awhile, it's not a bad movie, yet it 100% was a bad movie, but I think it wanted to be in parts?

it's 100% overwrought. It's bloated. It's even painfully boring in parts. It plays like having to listen to a group of coked out people for hours and hours, while sober, or at it's worst,, hungover. which I know A LOT about.

The last 10 minutes were painful. But, also had moments of brilliance.

it's not un entertaining.

Last edited:

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Saw this last night. need to sit with it awhile, it's not a bad movie, yet it 100% was a bad movie, but I think it wanted to be in parts?

it's 100% overwrought. It's bloated. It's even painfully boring in parts. It plays like having to listen to a group of coked out people for hours and hours, while sober, or at it's worst,, hungover. which I know A LOT about.

The last 10 minutes were painful. But, also had moments of brilliance.

it's not un entertaining.
To your point, there’s a good movie in this. You can tell with better oversight, editing, and a few script retouches, it could’ve been good. Damien just got high off his own farts

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I liked it but I can see people tuning out as it was three hours and Margot was Harley all over again in a way. The characters are spins on actual 1920s movie stars

But I think this should have stayed on MLK day. Or maybe Thanksgiving. Release date played a factor in this. It will do well streaming and cable during the afternoons.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I liked it but I can see people tuning out as it was three hours and Margot was Harley all over again in a way. The characters are spins on actual 1920s movie stars

But I think this should have stayed on MLK day. Or maybe Thanksgiving. Release date played a factor in this. It will do well streaming and cable during the afternoons.
Is this a wolf of wall street type craziness movie?

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
This wasn't Oscar bait it was one of those "star studded" period pieces make a movie for the hell of it movies :mjlol:

People are done with this shyt. Why Margot Robbie still booking jobs when she's proven she can't put asses in seats?

Flop after flop after flop. Brad Pitt was also putting out dogshyt for a good stretch there.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
This wasn't Oscar bait it was one of those "star studded" period pieces make a movie for the hell of it movies :mjlol:

People are done with this shyt. Why Margot Robbie still booking jobs when she's proven she can't put asses in seats?

Flop after flop after flop. Brad Pitt was also putting out dogshyt for a good stretch there.
Shes the femal cac equivalent to Sam Worthington back in the early 2010s.

Daps
Ah, okay. Sorry, it took me awhile to figure out your were trolling. I'll be more careful in the future.

Yeah, you are perpetually online and have no shame about that. Hopefully, your tenuous grasp on reality is not upended altogether when Barbie inevitably is not the next Transformers

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
Saw this in a completely empty theater. Once again, Chazelle trying to do too much. There were some spectacular scenes early but my god 3 hours was just brutal. Margot Robbie and Diego Calvi just cannot act. Brad Pitt is smug and punchable throughout. This is an unnecessary vanity piece.