Babylon pulls 3.5$ million over the weekend off a 80$+ million budget

Daps
i saw this last Thursday. I really think it was OK but at least 30 minutes too long. By the time Tobey Maguire came on the screen I was been ready for this to be done. I will say that the first 10 minutes will turn a lot of people - women especially - off .
The elephant shytting on the camera (basically us) and the woman peeing all over Fatty Arbuckle had me thinking I had walked into the wrong theater.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
There's so much wrong in the entire process of making a movie and getting it out to theaters, that it's hard to point to one thing as the key reason. Truth is companies don't want to release mid-tier films to cinemas because of the fear they won't recoup and that's a legit fear to have now a days. The cinema experience just isn't kind to films that aren't indie or blockbusters. Why pay all this money to go see something you're not sure you'll like because it's something new and not an established IP. On the flip side, it's so cheap to make some of these indie films that they could care less what they make at the cinema.

But the films that cost like 20 mil, their days are done at cinemas...they're going to streaming. Shawshank Redemption ends up on HBO Max in 2022 (maybe it has a small theatrical release for award purposes but nothing like what it got in 94).

Fact is, every step of this process is fukked up and I don't see it getting better.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ironic this film flopped where the story is about burnt out stars and the trauma people go thru to make it. Im an old head so i enjoyed it but it def wasnt needed. Its crazy that Brad Pitt was already in an ode to hollywood film with once upon a time in hollywood so why would he sign on to do something similar again? Was it a double entendre of him telling the producer in the film “tell me the truth this movie is bullshyt and im bailing u out” line.

Had eyes wide shut vibes from this showing the bugged out shyt and wild parties. Oh and i was laughing at the weinstein look alike. Can almost tell they probably edited a lot of scenes with that character to not get sued

Daps
Makavalli,
How many were at your showing? I went to the first night's showing as I had gotten off work. There were 2 other people besides me in the whole theater.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Then why is it not on the list? If you do not care then why even bring up how you can guarantee its success?

You know anybody can make lists, right? They are not infallible.
Also I think it's clear you don't read what other posters post because I was literally tagged by another poster regarding Barbie success. I didn't bring it up.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
I never heard of this film before I started seeing reports that it bombed. Maybe they should of had a promotion budget

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps

All Twitter hype apparently. It is not even on the Fandango poll, and audiences obviously are not into Margo Robbie when even her Harley Quinn projects are not resonating

I’m sure most of those movies will do well but to be honest I’m not really excited about any of them.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Makavalli,
How many were at your showing? I went to the first night's showing as I had gotten off work. There were 2 other people besides me in the whole theater.
I'm not Mak, but only about 5 total at mine. Went last Sat (xmas eve)

shyt was funny cause of that stupid thank you video at the beginning w/ Margot and Diego... thanking us to see it with "an energized crowd" ain't no one at the showing

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Its crazy that Brad Pitt was already in an ode to hollywood film with once upon a time in hollywood so why would he sign on to do something similar again? Was it a double entendre of him telling the producer in the film “tell me the truth this movie is bullshyt and im bailing u out” line.

I haven't seen the movie but probably these two reasons:

1. Working with Chazelle probably sold him more than anything. Pitt definitely seems like an actor who picks movies based on the director.
2. Hollywood loves making movies about Hollywood. It's what they know.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Makavalli,

I went to the alamo and it was playing in one of the smaller theaters id say 40 plus people. My theater crowd was into it but it was an older crowd. I cant see someone under 30 sitting thru a nostalgic hollywood flick

Daps
You know anybody can make lists, right? They are not infallible.
Also I think it's clear you don't read what other posters post because I was literally tagged by another poster regarding Barbie success. I didn't bring it up.

That is a Fandango, the number one seller of theater tickets in America, though, and that is from the general population. Twitter does not produce hits. The general population actually is responsible for that. The first trailer being an homage to cinephiles is not going to help that either. Oppenheimer is at 36,000,000 trailer views on YouTube. Barbie is at 7,000,000 on its trailer. Barbie appears to be another Twitter thing, but you can believe whatever you want

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
That is a Fandango, the number one seller of theater tickets in America, though, and that is from the general population. Twitter does not produce hits. The general population actually is responsible for that. The first trailer being an homage to cinephiles is not going to help that either. Oppenheimer is at 36,000,000 trailer views on YouTube. Barbie is at 7,000,000 on its trailer. Barbie appears to be another Twitter thing, but you can believe whatever you want

Ah, okay. Sorry, it took me awhile to figure out your were trolling. I'll be more careful in the future.