Babylon pulls 3.5$ million over the weekend off a 80$+ million budget

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
damn, Margot Robbie stays starring in BO bombs :pachaha:

atleast Pitt has Bullettrain from this year

Margot is 0/2

not including all her flops from the past decade
She's talented but she isn't a draw yet. The failures of this movie are far from her fault imo.

Edit - btw I meant Amsterdam. I haven't seen Babylon.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
everyone shat on the fact this is a movie about hollywood, but that was the only aspect that seems interesting. i wanna see that world... the actual movie itself looks fukkin terrible though. the frantic energy it gives off is offputting. the vibe and tone seems like it would be annoying after 5 minutes. looks like a flamboyant musical without the shytty music. Margot Robbie fukkin sucks when she's playing an "animated" character and i'm tired of her doing it. "Who wants to see me fight a snake?!" shyt looks stupid. and i just know Damien Chazelle thinks he's god's gift to filmmaking. fukkin dork.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
my post from other thread

I'm going to see first week or first day, but is going to be a major example of a movie that just won't work anymore, in terms of budget/promo/ROI.

An incomprehensible trailer, for a common/casual movie goer, a movie star, Brad Pitt, who isn't enough anymore, and a December release. That's just my feeling.

I am hoping it's dope, seen at least 5 really good movies last month or so

Bardo
She Said
The Menu
Bones And All
Empire of Light

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
The thing is some of this is structure of what won't work anymore, but a lot is kind of a arrogance, or complacency, or delusion. The trailer for this movie is incomprehensible, to the average movie goer. It looks pretentious, looks weird, it's running time, the whole thing is a misstep in 2022. When people talk about Hollywood being out of touch, this is what they mean, to one degree.

Brad Pitt dancing in a tuxedo, with a 12/23 release, would have worked like 15-20 years. Not anymore.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
damn, Margot Robbie stays starring in BO bombs :pachaha:

atleast Pitt has Bullettrain from this year

Margot is 0/2

not including all her flops from the past decade

She had her whole p*ssy out in her debut feature. It could only go downhill, she had nothing to bargain with :mjlol:

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Hollywood producers can trim the budget by not hiring tons of Alist actors and instead focus on cheap talent that are good and give them a chance to star in oscar bait movies to have a manageable budget.. but they dont do that. :francis:
And you know why

They all contracted, and rituals need to be adhered to lmao