Babylon pulls 3.5$ million over the weekend off a 80$+ million budget

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Twitter is not reality. I have no idea why some of you have not been able to learn that lesson yet with the way that almost everything that gets hyped up on Twitter is a bust in reality
It’s not even a Twitter thing, Barbie is a leading toy brand of the world. It may not be the biggest outing of the year but it will be successful.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Twitter is not reality. I have no idea why some of you have not been able to learn that lesson yet with the way that almost everything that gets hyped up on Twitter is a bust in reality

This could be a Paul W. S. Anderson movie starring Milla Jovovich as Barbie and James Spader as Ken and still make 200 millz. Twitter has nothing to do with that. 200 millz is not a lot. S.W.A.T made 200 millz. A Dog's Purpose made 200 millz. fukking Yogi Bear (2010) made 200 millz.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Yikes, Margot Robbie need to be more strategic. This is the 2nd bomb of 2022 she's been in. I'm rooting for her because she seems really cool. I hope 2023 and Barbie redeem these last two clunkers.

As far as the movie goes, every time I think about buying a ticket I talk myself out of it. The trailer screams self-indulgent, try-hard, smug, and not funny. Hollywood needs to stop making movies about itself like this because the general public doesn't care nearly as much about its story as they do.

Daps
This could be a Paul W. S. Anderson movie starring Milla Jovovich as Barbie and James Spader as Ken and still make 200 millz. Twitter has nothing to do with that. 200 millz is not a lot. S.W.A.T made 200 millz. A Dog's Purpose made 200 millz. fukking Yogi Bear (2010) made 200 millz.

All Twitter hype apparently. It is not even on the Fandango poll, and audiences obviously are not into Margo Robbie when even her Harley Quinn projects are not resonating

Last edited:

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps

All Twitter hype apparently. It is not even on the Fandango poll, and audiences obviously are not into Margo Robbie when even her Harley Quinn projects are not resonating

I don't even know how this reply touches on anything I said. This has nothing to do with Twitter or Margot Robbie. This is Barbie.
Barbie as a brand is a bigger name then most, if not all, the things on this list.
Also, who cares if it flops?

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Yikes, Margot Robbie need to be more strategic. This is the 2nd bomb of 2022 she's been in. I'm rooting for her because she seems really cool. I hope 2023 and Barbie redeem these last two clunkers.

As far as the movie goes, every time I think about buying a ticket I talk myself out of it. The trailer screams self-indulgent, try-hard, smug, and not funny. Hollywood needs to stop making movies about itself like this because the general public doesn't care nearly as much about its story as they do.
I'm far from some cinephile and it was self indulgent as hell. It had more gross out humor than witty or even stupid humor.

Daps
I don't even know how this reply touches on anything I said. This has nothing to do with Twitter or Margot Robbie. This is Barbie.
Barbie as a brand is a bigger name then most, if not all, the things on this list.
Also, who cares if it flops?
Then why is it not on the list? If you do not care then why even bring up how you can guarantee its success?

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Would've given this a chance but Amsterdam was so terrible I'm not even going to bother with this one.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
I don’t mind a long movie if the story warrants it, but this was long just for the sake of being long :unimpressed:

There were some parts that I enjoyed, but it felt like they couldn’t decide what they wanted this movie to be. So they just said screw it let’s do it all. I genuinely don’t know what audience this movie was made for.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
I don’t mind a long movie if the story warrants it, but this was long just for the sake of being long :unimpressed:

There were some parts that I enjoyed, but it felt like they couldn’t decide what they wanted this movie to be. So they just said screw it let’s do it all. I genuinely don’t know what audience this movie was made for.
they honestly could've cut the first 30 mins. That prologue shyt really had nothing to do with anything, if only to pair Diego and margot for the rest of the filnm