AZ - Truth Be Told [December 1]

Cory MBA

Bigger Picture
Daps
the flow is good. not like prime AZ, except on Amazing. thats a throw back to his younger self and shows he is still capable of putting together great projects. A doesnt focus much. Mega has said its hard to get him in the studio. A admitted himself that he has had problems with laziness and hasnt always been on point. In his recent interviews its obvious that his mentality is money orientated ;) I wouldnt mind projects like this so much if he would stay busier. Buck's production sounds dated to me, no bang, no bounce either. seeing Monch's name but no actual verse was a letdown. A is just too much of a legend to put out product like this. He is too well respected. He can call damn near anyone and get good features. There are a host of name producers he can use too, right in Brooklyn even. A can go on and on off the top of my head about guys thats been around for a while and still producing heat like Fame, D.R. Period, Dame Grease, DJ Scratch, etc but he would be great over some newer age guys like Apollo Brown. 38 Spesh best project by far to me was 7 Shots due to the production. Imagine AZ over that.
Some play it different. Never giving the upper hand. So they may wait for an invitation, rather than ask for a collaboration. Thinking further, he may not want so-and-so to go on Drinkchamps telling Nore that AZ was begging for a beat or verse.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some play it different. Never giving the upper hand. So they may wait for an invitation, rather than ask for a collaboration. Thinking further, he may not want so-and-so to go on Drinkchamps telling Nore that AZ was begging for a beat or verse.

I am sure AZ's dm's stay flooded with all kinds of offers. Its just the type of dude he is. He gonna do whats familiar. he even said it on a recent interview that working with one producer was much easier for him.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Thanks for the tracklist update!

Haven't gotten through the recent interviews yet, but has he ever said what happened to the last features that he got from Nas? I thought they had a song for Streets Disciple or something that Nas didn't use and he gave it to AZ instead.
Serious was leaked even before AZ put it on an album years ago

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
38 Spesh would be perfect for AZ

Spesh’s production yes, not the beats he actually makes though…they are “ok”. In other words Spesh would be good to EP for AZ like he does for Himself or Ransom. For Spesh best work he used other producers.

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
project is cool but maaaan a lot of you need to understand that "our" rappers/producers are never gonna put out material that rivals their prime, its just not possible

thread looks in some spots like the "id rather nas works with somebody else THAN the beatmaker HE wants to" posts that infected the magic diseases

please let it go fam...

cheapshot

Pro
Daps
Serious was leaked even before AZ put it on an album years ago
Didn't realize it was Serious. I thought that AZ was saving a verse from that time period for one of his official projects (DOD2). Crazy that he did that Kings Disease feature and didn't get a Nas verse for his album like Mega.

Nas feature or not, I'm happy that he's still making music.

• Dap
Reactions: ADP

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
project is cool but maaaan a lot of you need to understand that "our" rappers/producers are never gonna put out material that rivals their prime, its just not possible

thread looks in some spots like the "id rather nas works with somebody else THAN the beatmaker HE wants to" posts that infected the magic diseases

please let it go fam...
That 6 album Nas run gave us songs that stand with his best work so I wouldn't say that but with that said you are right. It's rare that they touch their prime

scorpino

Love Yourz
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Solid album…that goat track is better than the song nas and hit boy did with the same sample