AZ - Truth Be Told [December 1]

u mad son?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yh I was only really feeling the tracks with monch and crack. Amazing was fire too

The rest of the production sounded like dated 90s boom bap with no melody

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Az will always be one of my favorites, but this is just another mediocre album as expected. The production just ain’t up to par for someone the caliber of AZ IMO.

My ideal AZ album would be a very smooth, laid back, luxurious, and cinematic sounding album.

Apollo Kid

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Boom Bap Era
Az will always be one of my favorites, but this is just another mediocre album as expected. The production just ain’t up to par for someone the caliber of AZ IMO.

My ideal AZ album would be a very smooth, laid back, luxurious, and cinematic sounding album.
Something along these lines would’ve been incredible

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
yall dont wanna admit it but AZ is a one trick pony. excellent lyricist but thats it

what steve stoute said about him wasnt wrong

him and jay z was in the same lane in 1996, one grew, one didn’t

and buckwild is way past his prime. beats suck

az been needed to reinvent himself with a beatmaker thats out of his element but can compliment him, someone like tuamie or madlib or something

he has an awful ear for music and is the exact type of rapper that needs his shyt executively produced by a higher power bc by himself he makes the same album over and over again

Xtz23

All Star
Daps
Besides a couple tracks this ain’t it. Buckwild had some major mid on this. Az has the same formula on every album. He never misses giving us mid production selection. Buckwilds a legend to me but he’s been on some mid shyt for the better part of 15 years real talk, might be one of the biggest fall offs. There’s not much else to it. I liked 2 songs off this the rest is doo doo because of the production. Azs rappings dope but it is on every one of his solo albums, the problem is the production every single time. Tell me I’m wrong……….

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
He needs a Nas feature.

This is really pathetic to base an individual’s entire artistic worth on their connection to ANOTHER artist.

AZ gotta be sick and tired of hearing Nas name. Nas was actually smart early in his career not allowing himself to be anchored to any producer or artist, even though fans screamed “Premo”! Or “Large Pro”! He stuck to what HE wanted and it helped strengthen his artistic identity immensely