AZ - Truth Be Told [December 1]

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I'm loving this album. It's AZ over smooth, melodic, laid back ish that doesn't clash with his style, personality, flow or voice. What more is there? It's definitely his most cohesive since AWOL. Y'all say the same about every AZ album, and I get it because his style is one that will seem monotonous over time, but I don't get that from this.

I do think this album could be longer, and the transitions could be better, to make it sound more like an album, but overall I love it

C-Styles

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Windy City
this album is better than some of his other projects besides DOD2. It's very cohesive and he sounds comfortable on Buckwild's production. That's been his mans for a minute so it's only right they got together to do a whole project. Don't listen to this on spotify, listen on youtube to get the full uncompressed sound that spotify has. Spotify makes everything sound like "mixtape quality" can't put my finger on it, but f*ck spotify. Go in the whip, put this on youtube 1080 and let it ride. If you're lucky enough to listen to this on vinyl, do so. :wow:

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
this album is better than some of his other projects besides DOD2. It's very cohesive and he sounds comfortable on Buckwild's production. That's been his mans for a minute so it's only right they got together to do a whole project. Don't listen to this on spotify, listen on youtube to get the full uncompressed sound that spotify has. Spotify makes everything sound like "mixtape quality" can't put my finger on it, but f*ck spotify. Go in the whip, put this on youtube 1080 and let it ride. If you're lucky enough to listen to this on vinyl, do so. :wow:
Is this album getting a vinyl release?

I'm Blackman

Prep time > Everything
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside of Gotham (Montgomery, AL)
It fits AZ though

AZ floatin

Hes AZ hes gonna always float because hes that good. The bars are there. Its just the production makes some of the songs a chore to listen to. I cant explain it well, but they sound "empty" and "hollow" to me.

Side note. That chick on that one song...she killed it. :whew:

Deflatedhoopdreams

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Rucker
Damn every song is great. Yes I said great. I haven’t said that about an AZ album probably since A.W.O.L.

He stayed in his lane in this. I mean branch out (I guess) but if it makes your stuff not as great.

Don’t.

AZ is in my top 10 of favorite artist of all-time so…..

Redwood

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas
I thought this album was pretty good, but it felt more like a mixtape/DoD2 B-Sides. "This is Why" and "Amazing" were the standouts for me.

I'd rate it 7.5/10.

Last edited: