AZ - Truth Be Told [December 1]

Cory MBA

Bigger Picture
Daps
Its not bad by any means because AZ is a world class lyricist and a class act its just that I was expecting more than “good” after how refreshingly GREAT Doe or Die 2 was. DoD2 felt like AZ stepping out of his comfort zone just a bit and swinging for the fences sonically which also made it feel like he put some real money into the budget.

This new album sounds more mixtapish but not in a bad way. Again, its dope rhymes and beats but nothing conceptually we haven’t head before
I respect that. To me, this is better than DOD2. I don't like all that singing by dudes like TPain and Jaheim. Lol

This was sharp, without the goofiness. Mature man, chilling, don't bug me , leave me alone music,

Edit: I did add the best of DOD2 to the end of this album though.

Pack2

..Pack2..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
He ain’t lying! When you have new producers like Conductor Williams coming in the game and suddenly gaining clout with a laundry list of straight up bullshyt beats I can understand. The production on this album isn’t matching some vintage 95 shyt of course but it’s better than a lot of the try hard shyt that’s flooding the game right now!
Conductor Williams slander is :camby:

He ain’t a new cat he been out here putting in work. It’s just that you don’t fukk with Gunn or Mach that’s why you hating. Terrible example to use to support your case for Buck :scusthov:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Conductor Williams slander is :camby:

He ain’t a new cat he been out here putting in work. It’s just that you don’t fukk with Gunn or Mach that’s why you hating. Terrible example to use to support your case for Buck :scusthov:
Yep, Conductor Williams is fire and has shown on recent releases that he can expand his sound.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
There's nothing bad on the album but there's very little that stands out or is great. It's a solid album. I feel the same way I did about his last album though: not bad but I'm not sure I see myself revisiting this much. It feels monotonous. The flow is the flow: it's great but kinda makes a lot of AZ's stuff feel by-the-numbers to me, especially when the beats aren't great. Production here isn't bad but there's not really anything interesting about it. A lot of the live instrumentation gives me vibes of the albums Ghostface was dropping a few years ago. Doesn't feel like there's much...swing?