Atlanta Hawks whooped Wizards ass

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
This version of Teague isn't good enough to be classified as a star, and it won't change for the rest of the season.

Right system and right coach is certainly arguable, but not the right players.It's far too early to be stating that this team is legit contenders. Like I said you don't just go from being a sub-40 win team to making Finals the following season with basically the same personnel. It just doesn't happen.

Horford was out last season which was a large part of that sub-40 record. They would have won 50 EASY with him.

Money Be Green

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Pitts
Hawks/Pistons ECF :whoo:

:mjlol:

201307101822661650570-p5.jpg

josh_smith_benched.jpg

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
its not about the shots falling. Its about how wide open our shots are. Question is....is that going to change? Its our system, not the shooters.

I mean you really think a guy like Korver is going to forget how to shoot 3s. Guy set the NBA season record for 3pt %.

You act like we've been lucky for 37 games of hot shooting :heh:

and again, you're judging ppl based off names. Look at their games. Teague, Millsap are playing at a star-level. Go buy league pass and watch how we do it in Atlanta.

Yes it will change. You really think you are going to have wide open shots during the playoffs when a coach has enough time to scout and create schemes? Like I said, you have unproven guys and known choke artist who dont show up in the playoffs. Why should I believe otherwise, because your hot in the beginning of Jan?

Daps
via deadspin

Everyone who logs minutes for the Hawks is good. Not just in the sense that literally everyone but Kirk Hinrich who makes it to the NBA, by definition, is good at basketball, but also in the sense that every member of Atlanta's rotation causes matchup problems in some way or another. The Hawks never don't have a bunch of guys on the court who can shoot and move the ball and defend; they just keep coming, foul trouble and injury and heat-death of the universe be damned, more and more guys who can shoot and move the ball and defend, forever, all of them wearing red and navy. A defender leaves his man for a split second to rotate toward the hoop and head off a dribble-drive, and suddenly the ball is pinging around faster than your eye can follow it, like laser light through a mirror-maze, everybody scrambling madly to close out every corner of a hopelessly stretched-out floor, until it finds a guy, some guy, who the f*** is that guy, do they have eight dudes on the floor or what, and he's draining an open three, another f***ing open three, and every skeleton inside the other team turns to jelly in defeat.

Defending the Hawks is as much a test of mental and psychological endurance as it is a physical challenge. Can defenders summon the energy and focus and commitment and sheer will to A) help contain the ball-handler, then B) anticipate the ball movement, then C) run like hell to close out on a shooter, then D) recover, rotate, and run like hell toward another shooter, all at a dead sprint, all the time, for 48 minutes, when there are shooters everywhere and it never works and after the first five minutes it starts to seem like nothing so much as trying to build a sandcastle in the actual ocean itself, like an interpretive dance whose meaning is "futility?" This is why the Hawks won the fourth quarter by 21 points last night. The Wizards, god bless them, were tired. Physically and mentally. In their heads, they were already back at the hotel, sobbing into their pillows.

:demonic:

Mikeatris

Supreme Mathematik
Daps
Reppin
My City
A Spurs-Hawks finals would be golden. I would go to all them games in Atlanta. I will be there anyways for the March 22nd game.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Yes it will change. You really think you are going to have wide open shots during the playoffs when a coach has enough time to scout and create schemes? Like I said, you have unproven guys and known choke artist who dont show up in the playoffs. Why should I believe otherwise, because your hot in the beginning of Jan?

:dwillhuh:

Its about how were getting shots, how were moving the ball and how were defending (in the half court I might add) that is making us lethal. Our style is suited for the playoffs when it is more of a half court game. And what coach you know in the East that's gonna out scheme Coach Bud? I'll wait :sas2:

charmander

Alhamdulillah
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey HawkSet ByrdGang

spurs did it :umad: and they been playing the same way for decades

and who on this squad is a known choke artist who doesn't show up in the playoffs?

Daps
spurs did it :umad: and they been playing the same way for decades

and who on this squad is a known choke artist who doesn't show up in the playoffs?
Spurs also had the best PF of all time. Yall dudes have played between 30-40 games at an elite level, and you're already comparing yourself to the Spurs' success... I mean really.

charmander

Alhamdulillah
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Nah, Horford isn't worth that many wins, certainly not to the point where he's 'easily' worth 12+ wins.

we were top 3 in the east before he got hurt, it isn't a stretch to assume we could have won at least 50 games with him healthy for the season

after all he was our best player, an all star big man and all those star qualities i've been hearing make or break a team :mjpls:

charmander

Alhamdulillah
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Spurs also had the best PF of all time. Yall dudes have played between 30-40 games at an elite level, and you're already comparing yourself to the Spurs' success... I mean really.

i don't know if you've noticed, but EVERYONE is comparing us to the spurs

coaches, players, analysts...even our fellow coli brehs :blessed: