Atlanta Hawks whooped Wizards ass

Daps
What is a "Star" player? define it for me

We already have a multiple All-Star in Horford. He is our 3rd best Player. So what is this "star" status you keep talking about?

Give me a list of Star players in the NBA...
It simple terms - basically in the conversation for being a top 10 player, the ceiling of a top 10 player and an elite offensive player.

Daps
You're out of your fukkin' mind :russ:
How so? Thibs has coached the Bulls to one of the best records in the East ever since he took over. How can one be 'outta their fukkin minds' for suggesting that Thibs is a better coach than Bud when he has a better regular season record, better playoff record and is proven over more seasons? Yall dudes have been playing at a high level for only 40 games - Thibs has done this shyt for over 200 games.

:camby:

Last edited:
Daps
the difference is that our chemistry and teamwork has already been proven, even when bron was healthy they didn't look like they enjoyed playing with each other...they lost a lot of winnable games because they didn't understand each other's roles and didn't want to defer to one another, kyrie and love especially.
Bron was never healthy though. They lost games because they didn't have a defensive anchor, only played a small amount of games together and we were trying to build some sort of chemistry despite constant defensive breakdowns. They've been a top 5 offense for most of this season.
and bron himself said a few days ago he doesn't ever see this team being completely healthy this season, and if somehow they do manage to become 100% healthy there's still a high possibility that the chemistry simply won't be there for them to compete at a high level
Varejao is only 'key' part that won't be back. Of course there's the possibility of that happening, but like I said above they were a top 5 offense before Bron went down (this is with them still only scratching the surface of what they could become), the biggest issue was their defense - they simply couldn't stop teams. Bron having a rest, adding Shumpert and Mozgov will improve their defense by a large margin. This is not saying they'll be one of the best defenses in the league, but it'll be enough so that they're not constantly relying on their offense to get them through games.

they were still piecing together the puzzle, now they gotta figure out how to work brand new pieces into it...and some of the new pieces are bent and tore up and been dropped in a puddle :scusthov:

They've got 40 games to do it in. That's plenty enough time, especially with having the best player in the league as healthy as he can be, at this stage of his career. Mozgov, Shumpert and Smith are not going to be asked to carry the load offensively, they'll basically be 4th/5th options for the team and provide defense.

Daps
who are the Top 10 players?

That way we can go ahead and eliminate teams that have no chance
i) I said in the conversation for being a top 10 player
ii) I said the ceiling of a top 10 player
iii) Elite offensive player

Second of all, just because you don't have a top 10 player doesn't automatically eliminate all chances you have completely, it just means you have less of a chance than the teams that do.

Thirdly, playoff experience (individuals) and being battle-tested as a unit plays a near-equal part as well.

Which is why I have the Wizards, Cavs and Bulls as having MORE of a chance than yall at making the Finals, I'd put yall neck-and-neck with Raptors. PPP - This isn't me saying yall have a 0% chance.

Daps
Jeff Teague is not a star?

Teague led the Hawks to a 4-0 record last week while going up against CP3, Conley, and John Wall. He also outplayed Kyrie and Lillard the week before.

Won East Player of the week...then followed that up with 17.5 ppg (47.9% FG), 9 apg, 3 rpg, and 2.5 spg this week.

And if you look at ANY advanced metric on PG production, Teague is one of the NBA's best on offense. Home or on the Road. East or West.

But not a Star b/c ESPN said so.
:heh:

See this is the problem, you can't just use a couple of weeks or half a season as argument for a player being a star, and certainly not on #s like that.

Dominique Wilkins

Georgia Dawg
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
i) I said in the conversation for being a top 10 player
ii) I said the ceiling of a top 10 player
iii) Elite offensive player

Second of all, just because you don't have a top 10 player doesn't automatically eliminate all chances you have completely, it just means you have less of a chance than the teams that do.

Thirdly, playoff experience (individuals) and being battle-tested as a unit plays a near-equal part as well.

Which is why I have the Wizards, Cavs and Bulls as having MORE of a chance than yall at making the Finals, I'd put yall neck-and-neck with Raptors. PPP - This isn't me saying yall have a 0% chance.

so you don't have a list of anything? not even give me a list of players in the conversation for top 10?

Quit wasting our time moving goal posts and not answering questions.

Daps
so you don't have a list of anything? not even give me a list of players in the conversation for top 10?.
I can give you a top 10 lists of players that have performed LIKE stars this season -

AD
Curry
Gasol
Harden
Westbrook
Cousins
Butler
Wall
Lowry
BG
Bron

They're a few others I'd have to think about a bit more. That doesn't mean that ALL those players will be on that list at the end of the season, it's just who has performed the best so far. It's hard to see any Hawks player crack that list, given their ceilings and offensive loads won't allow them to. Plus not all those players will be 'ready' to put up star performances in the playoffs too. See: Harden.

Quit wasting our time moving goal posts and not answering questions.
That's all you dudes have been doing in this thread. :heh:

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
25 page thread after a game in January and you dudes say you aren't feeling threatened?

:russ: