Atlanta Hawks whooped Wizards ass

Daps
we were top 3 in the east before he got hurt, it isn't a stretch to assume we could have won at least 50 games with him healthy for the season
It is, since he only played less than 30 games last season. Horford is that dude, but he isn't worth that many wins.

Daps
i don't know if you've noticed, but EVERYONE is comparing us to the spurs

coaches, players, analysts...even our fellow coli brehs :blessed:
Past the similar style of play, there's not much else. You can't then use that comparison to suggest you have a better shot than all the other teams in the East at making the Finals after only 30-40 games of elite play. It doesn't work like that.

charmander

Alhamdulillah
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey HawkSet ByrdGang
Past the similar style of play, there's not much else. You can't then use that comparison to suggest you have a better shot than all the other teams in the East at making the Finals after only 30-40 games of elite play. It doesn't work like that.

so how are you able to dictate that teams like the cavs have a better chance after 30-40 games of mediocre play? what makes you think they'll ever be completely healthy? what makes you think that their team will be able to mesh and sustain a high level of play throughout the rest of the season and postseason?

Dominique Wilkins

Georgia Dawg
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
I really want to get back to this discussion on not having "Star" players...

What is a "Star" player?

Can I get a list of who those "Stars" are? And I'm guessing that the list is not allowed to be expanded during the season?

Just need some clarification.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
:dwillhuh:

Its about how were getting shots, how were moving the ball and how were defending (in the half court I might add) that is making us lethal. Our style is suited for the playoffs when it is more of a half court game. And what coach you know in the East that's gonna out scheme Coach Bud? I'll wait :sas2:

Once again, whos going to be the go to scorer when the perimeter is guarded in the playoffs?

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
spurs did it :umad: and they been playing the same way for decades

and who on this squad is a known choke artist who doesn't show up in the playoffs?

There is no one on the hawks the caliber of parker or ginobli. And incorrect said how Korver and millsap dont come through in the playoffs

Dominique Wilkins

Georgia Dawg
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
Cavs are looking real hot with their star players. Kyrie Irving & Kevin Love and get your ass stomped by Sacramento :mjlol:

John Wall looked foolish as hell yesterday against Teague. :mjlol:

charmander

Alhamdulillah
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
There is no one on the hawks the caliber of parker or ginobli. And incorrect said how Korver and millsap dont come through in the playoffs

both of those players are on the decline, ginobili especially

i agree we don't have a definitive 6th man like manu, but we have a very spurs-like bench full of smart and capable players who contribute when they're on the court

the hawks are like a communist regime, we distribute the wealth and the success equally :blessed:

Daps
so how are you able to dictate that teams like the cavs have a better chance after 30-40 games of mediocre play?
Well the main reason for that is - they have the best player in the game who hasn't been healthy this season (and has since taken a 'rest' period). The fact they have more star power and have yet to have a completely healthy team.
what makes you think they'll ever be completely healthy?
Bron and Shumpert will be back before you know it.
what makes you think that their team will be able to mesh and sustain a high level of play throughout the rest of the season and postseason?
Their potential, and that's not saying that they definitively will reach that. Same reasoning can be applied to the Hawks, will they really be able to sustain this level of play for the rest of the season and postseason.

Daps
lmao at saying we said something we never said.

OK.
Well maybe not you specifically. But others have certainly 'talked' like they have the best chance in the East by laughing at any other team's chances above theirs. And let's be real here, if hypothetically they were to make the Finals, you know very damn well that 90%+ of Hawks stans would be in here saying "I told you so".

Dominique Wilkins

Georgia Dawg
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
Well maybe not you specifically. But others have certainly 'talked' like they have the best chance in the East by laughing at any other team's chances above theirs. And let's be real here, if hypothetically they were to make the Finals, you know very damn well that 90%+ of Hawks stans would be in here saying "I told you so".

I think most of us in the Hawks thread would say...

(1) Chicago is still the favorite in the East.

(2) We DESERVE to be talked about in the conversation for the East & the Finals.

Thats it. Not saying we are locks. Not saying we are favorites. But that our team is damn good, isn't going anywhere, and deserves to be in the discussion. Same with our Players re: All Star Game.

And yeah we will be saying "I told you so", b/c so many are STILL sleeping on Atlanta. STILL talking about weak schedule and the west and now stupid ass "star" players. Just retarded talk.

If you watched our wins against Portland, Clippers, Houston, Memphis, Washington, Chicago, Dallas, and Cleveland over the last month and still think we are a fluke :rudy:

charmander

Alhamdulillah
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Well the main reason for that is - they have the best player in the game who hasn't been healthy this season (and has since taken a 'rest' period). The fact they have more star power and have yet to have a completely healthy team.

Bron and Shumpert will be back before you know it.

Their potential, and that's not saying that they definitively will reach that. Same reasoning can be applied to the Hawks, will they really be able to sustain this level of play for the rest of the season and postseason.

the difference is that our chemistry and teamwork has already been proven, even when bron was healthy they didn't look like they enjoyed playing with each other...they lost a lot of winnable games because they didn't understand each other's roles and didn't want to defer to one another, kyrie and love especially

and bron himself said a few days ago he doesn't ever see this team being completely healthy this season, and if somehow they do manage to become 100% healthy there's still a high possibility that the chemistry simply won't be there for them to compete at a high level

they were still piecing together the puzzle, now they gotta figure out how to work brand new pieces into it...and some of the new pieces are bent and tore up and been dropped in a puddle :scusthov:

Anbesa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I really want to get back to this discussion on not having "Star" players...

What is a "Star" player?

Can I get a list of who those "Stars" are? And I'm guessing that the list is not allowed to be expanded during the season?

Just need some clarification.
I've been wondering this exact thing lately. It's seems that a star player is one who's getting hyped on all the major sports networks and is in a bunch of commercials. But as far as actual play on the floor, I don't see how Teague, Horford, and Milsap aren't stars.
I won't go as far as to say Teague is better then curry and Westbrook, but he's definitely on the level of Wall, Rondo, Irving, and all these other guards dudes love to name as stars and top PG.

Horford is definitely a top big man, but has suffered a mix of injuries and playing next to Josh Smith (and we know what that does to you) during his career.

Milsap is one of the most versatile players in the league, and a match up nightmare for most forwards.

And our collection of role players are as good if not better then every team in the league. I dare anyone to say lebron wouldn't rather have Korver or carrol on his team compared to anyone else at those positions on the cavs.

I'm usually wary on saying nothing can stop us bc of the history of Atlanta teams. But the way this team is constructed, they look difficult to stop. The only way I see us getting beat is if we run into a bigger team and our shots aren't falling.

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
a healthy rose will determine our season if we both make it. If rose returns to 2011 levels it's a wrap if not it could be 7 game barn burner.

The bulls have a much better team then the 2011 version, plus we have the advantage in coaching and maybe a better bench.

You're out of your fukkin' mind :russ: