Atlanta Hawks whooped Wizards ass

jmspro

Banned
Daps
Its funny hearing people say we are a jumpshooting team when we are outscoring teams in the paint in a lot of these wins.

Dominique Wilkins

Georgia Dawg
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
Jeff Teague is not a star?

Teague led the Hawks to a 4-0 record last week while going up against CP3, Conley, and John Wall. He also outplayed Kyrie and Lillard the week before.

Won East Player of the week...then followed that up with 17.5 ppg (47.9% FG), 9 apg, 3 rpg, and 2.5 spg this week.

And if you look at ANY advanced metric on PG production, Teague is one of the NBA's best on offense. Home or on the Road. East or West.

But not a Star b/c ESPN said so.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
These dudes play the Warriors in a month. Can't wait to watch that one. :banderas:

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
I'm legit shocked at how good the Hawks are right now. We are talking about the fukkING Hawks here. But you see what happens when a team gets rid of Josh Smith. Hell the Pistons are 100x's better since they got rid of that fukking bum.

Robert California

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TB
How long do we have Budenholzer under contract for?
The guy can coach his ass off :blessed:
Front office needs to do everything they can to keep him. :demonic:
I hope he doesn't leave us :mjcry:

Steezy

Career 13 ppg scorer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Atlanta
How long do we have Budenholzer under contract for?
The guy can coach his ass off :blessed:
Front office needs to do everything they can to keep him. :demonic:
I hope he doesn't leave us :mjcry:
only job i can see him leaving for is the spurs job.. he can run that system with kawhi, danny and Cory Joseph i guess

Daps
I really want to get back to this discussion on not having "Star" players...

What is a "Star" player?

Can I get a list of who those "Stars" are? And I'm guessing that the list is not allowed to be expanded during the season?

Just need some clarification.
Of course it can be expanded during the season, but nobody on the Hawks has established themselves as a star on your team. I'd say Horford is probably the closest in the past and I don't think anybody else on your team has a high enough ceiling to reach 'star' status.

Dominique Wilkins

Georgia Dawg
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
Of course it can be expanded during the season, but nobody on the Hawks has established themselves as a star on your team. I'd say Horford is probably the closest in the past and I don't think anybody else on your team has a high enough ceiling to reach 'star' status.

What is a "Star" player? define it for me

We already have a multiple All-Star in Horford. He is our 3rd best Player. So what is this "star" status you keep talking about?

Give me a list of Star players in the NBA...

Sly Cookin

based
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
What must a star do to achieve that status?:beli:

Daps
I think most of us in the Hawks thread would say...

(1) Chicago is still the favorite in the East.
:rudy:

Don't go moving the goal posts for the 'majority'.
(2) We DESERVE to be talked about in the conversation for the East & the Finals.
Nobody said that yall didn't, the point is we're only half way into the season, and laughing at thought of the Wizards, Bullls or Cavs having a better chance (more potential) of making the Finals is silly, just because you've been playing better over the course of 30-40 games. It only takes a a few losses/ and few wins from other teams for either the Raptors, Wizards and Bulls to take over the #1 spot.

Thats it. Not saying we are locks. Not saying we are favorites. But that our team is damn good, isn't going anywhere, and deserves to be in the discussion. Same with our Players re: All Star Game.

:usure:

I've heard plenty of dudes in here talk as if the Hawks have a better chance than the rest of the heavyweights.

And yeah we will be saying "I told you so", b/c so many are STILL sleeping on Atlanta. STILL talking about weak schedule and the west and now stupid ass "star" players. Just retarded talk.
Let's get one thing straight, nobody is sleepin on your team. Everyone has acknowledged yall are the best performing team in the East so far, we're just highlighting your limitations because it seems like yall are use casuistry reasoning to prop up your chances over other squads. You need star players to survive in the playoffs, it's not a stupid concept and/or a mix of being playoff tested as a group...... yall don't have a great deal of either of those.

If you watched our wins against Portland, Clippers, Houston, Memphis, Washington, Chicago, Dallas, and Cleveland over the last month and still think we are a fluke :rudy:

Who said anything about it being a fluke?