Atlanta Hawks whooped Wizards ass

Daps
It's hard for me to agree with you on Teague,I admit he's not a superstar PG like a Russy or Curry,but how cant he be classified as a star and he's an MVP candidate?
The Hawks have the best record in the East, this has to be reflected in the MVP rankings with a Hawks player. If you were to list the top 10 players so far this season, Teague wouldn't be anywhere near that list. He's only on it because he's 'recognized' as the best performing player on one of the best performing teams in the league. Plus it's only been 30-40 games in the season, you can't be crowmin him like that. I wouldn't exactly call Millsap are star either, but that didn't stop him from being listed as an MVP candidate.
IFar as THIS Year right now,37 games in, I got Teague the 5th best PG in the league:manny:
Westbrook, Curry, Paul, Wall, Lillard, Irving, Lowry and Conley have all had better seasons than he has had.
The highlighted is a good argument, and I have my reasons for why I be;ieve they do have the right players,
Let's say for argument's sake they do have the right players, it takes at least ONE season and one playoff run to start talking about Finals aspirations. If they do have the right players, they probably won't make the Finals for at least 1-2 more seasons.
but I have to ask,do you feel Golden State is a legit contender?
I think it's too early to say whether a team is a legit contender or not. I do believe they're one of the few teams in the league that are complete and have the right mix of star power and veterans. We'll see how they go over the second half of the season.

Daps
They've got an arguable top 5 player in the league on their team and a 21 ppg guard who's in the conversation of being the best shooting guard in the league. Plus over the past two post seasons they've had 1st and 2nd round appearances as a group and were only limited because they were missing key big men over that stretch.

The Hawks don't have anything that resembles that.

:what:

What does that even mean? Playing the game how it's suppose to be played? Well if you're winning, you're obviously doing something right.

I don't even know what you're saying in this post.

that's impressive. gs made the 2nd round :wow: once :wow:

can't really type on this tablet, so the simple answer to the other part:

you play as a team. always. lots of nba "teams" right now that play sophisticated aau ball, that shyt is predictable and easy to defend.

as i said, the spurs already laid out the blueprint. talent ain't everything.

Bledswole

Slappin and clowning chumps for fun.
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The Hawks have the best record in the East, this has to be reflected in the MVP rankings with a Hawks player. If you were to list the top 10 players so far this season, Teague wouldn't be anywhere near that list. He's only on it because he's 'recognized' as the best performing player on one of the best performing teams in the league. Plus it's only been 30-40 games in the season, you can't be crowmin him like that. I wouldn't exactly call Millsap are star either, but that didn't stop him from being listed as an MVP candidate.

Westbrook, Curry, Paul, Wall, Lillard, Irving, Lowry and Conley have all had better seasons than he has had.

Let's say for argument's sake they do have the right players, it takes at least ONE season and one playoff run to start talking about Finals aspirations. If they do have the right players, they probably won't make the Finals for at least 1-2 more seasons.

I think it's too early to say whether a team is a legit contender or not. I do believe they're one of the few teams in the league that are complete and have the right mix of star power and veterans. We'll see how they go over the second half of the season.

No he isnt a pound for pound top 10 player,but when factoring in the season and the things players are doing he is,breh I understand whay you saying,Im not going that far and calling Teague a flatout top 10 player,but he is severly underrated.

Westbrook,Curry,Paul,Wall,Teague, understand Im going by team success and how well the player is playing,not raw talent,if we go by raw talent thats a different argument and still I dont think Teague is too far down the ladder.

We will have to see,you may be right,may be wrong.

No,see you have to put ATL and GS in the same category,if you feel GS is complete and can compete you have to say the same about ATL, even tho I know your argument for GS is gonna be they have two "superstars" in Klay and Curry,while it holds weight,I dont think they're that much better than ATL,I really think GS crazy run and gun is gonna haunt them come playoff time

Daps
:pachaha: Are these dudes saying the Wiz are better after we just stomped them
There's no debate that yall have performed better up to this point, but that doesn't automatically mean that by the time the end of the regular season rolls around, that'll still be the case. The Wizards are much better equipped to handle the playoffs than yall are. Can we at the VERY least wait until the end of the regular season before yall start crownin this team as eastern conference champs?

jmspro

Banned
Daps
What production though? We're only half way through the regular season. :dwillhuh:

Look at all the teams in the past decade (and we could go back further if you wanted to :mjpls:) that have made it into the Finals What's one thing 99% of them have in common - star players.
Them days are over and the Spurs proved it the last two years. NBA fans are so used to this "star player" shyt they don't recognize good basketball. Wall and Irving are extremely talented but they don't know how to run a team. Irving so outta control at times it frustrates me and im not even a fan. Wall aint never gonna win a championship either.

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
There's no debate that yall have performed better up to this point, but that doesn't automatically mean that by the time the end of the regular season rolls around, that'll still be the case. The Wizards are much better equipped to handle the playoffs than yall are. Can we at the VERY least wait until the end of the regular season before yall start crownin this team as eastern conference champs?
:russ:^^^ this dude don't wanna accept reality yall

This isn't the beginning of the year, the best teams are seperating themselves at this point. You still stuck on the beginning of the year when yall was getting all that hype. Nobody hyped the Hawks, that's why this is so hard to accept.

Daps
:russ:^^^ this dude don't wanna accept reality yall
Reality is we've still got 40+ games to play. As much as yall want every team in the eastern conference to stay where they're at, it's not gonna happen.
This isn't the beginning of the year, the best teams are seperating themselves at this point. You still stuck on the beginning of the year when yall was getting all that hype. Nobody hyped the Hawks, that's why this is so hard to accept.
No I'm not still stuck at the beginning of the season. Acting like you're going to the Finals, simply because you're at the top of the standings half way into the season is idiotic. Finals appearances aren't achieved after playing 30-40 games of a whole season.

:heh:

Daps
Them days are over and the Spurs proved it the last two years. NBA fans are so used to this "star player" shyt they don't recognize good basketball.
Spurs also had a decade of playoff experience and a number of years with one of the best records in the league - the same can't be said for the Hawks. Stop using the Spurs as an example, yall are years and years away from being compared to them. At this point in time yall a just a team that's played elite basketball for half a season, Spurs did that shyt for over a decade. Nobody is disputing whether or not they're playing good basketball, it's just how far this team can actually go this season.

Wall and Irving are extremely talented but they don't know how to run a team.
Wait, did you just say Wall can't run a team? :dwillhuh:
Irving so outta control at times it frustrates me and im not even a fan.
Irving plays out of control as you put it because he's been the only player on his team that's worth a damn thing since he stepped foot into the league. He's done pretty well this season to let Bron take over ball-handling duties and step up when he's needed too.
Wall aint never gonna win a championship either.
I never understand when folk say this. It never makes any sense. How can you possibly say this when you don't know what's gonna happen one year, five years from now?

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Andre-3000-The-Source-95.gif
one of the GOAT moments in hip hop....

Daps
No,see you have to put ATL and GS in the same category,if you feel GS is complete and can compete you have to say the same about ATL, even tho I know your argument for GS is gonna be they have two "superstars" in Klay and Curry,while it holds weight,I dont think they're that much better than ATL
Nah, I don't doubt that the Warriors can end the season with the best record in the league, because they have all the key ingredients. I can't say the same for Atlanta.
I really think GS crazy run and gun is gonna haunt them come playoff time
Even if Bogut is healthy, that's a fair assessment, problem with that is, if you're going use that type of worst-case scenario thinking than you've got to do the same for the Hawks. And believe me for every deficiency you can use against the Warriors' chances of winning a title, there's about 10 you can use against Atlanta.

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hawks are legit...

When is the next time they play the Bulls?

Knicks lost
:mjlol:
:scust:

So u get called out in a thread and u try to deflect by dissing another team #yabish

Hawks look awesome through. That ball movement is foreal and everyone on the team is shining.

Now they gotta defeat their dark past by getting over the second round hump.