Atheists, Evolutionists, Darwinists are the worst!!

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
@Napoleon

I'm not a theist. I don't pray to God and if I did I wouldn't be praying for him to give me stuff and make me invincible. That's dumb. You're confusing God with a wishing well.

I'm not even going to read the rest of your nonsense because right off the bat you don't know what you're talking about and you're known on this site as an obnoxious troll. Even your fellow atheists think you're an idiot.

Now go ahead and type some more big words that no one is going to read, you fukkin retard. :russ:

This is what theists don't understand.

If you're talking to god, you're asking him for shyt.

Because you're assuming any of the below:

A. God doesn't know what you're thinking and needs you to tell him...because god doesn't know everything

B. God doesn't know what you need, so you have to tell him...because god doesn't know everything

C. God doesn't in fact grant wishes so asking god for shyt is pointless...that means god just sits around while you beg and plead

So tell me...whats the point of talking to god/praying/whatever if you're going to negate or discount every example of why someone would pray? :aicmon:

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnny Kilroy

79 points in 1 quarter
Daps
Reppin
the midrange
This is what theists don't understand.

If you're talking to god, you're asking him for shyt.

Because you're assuming any of the below:

A. God doesn't know what you're thinking and needs you to tell him...because god doesn't know everything

B. God doesn't know what you need, so you have to tell him...because god doesn't know everything

C. God doesn't in fact grant wishes so asking god for shyt is pointless...that means god just sits around while you beg and plead

So tell me...whats the point of talking to god/praying/whatever if you're going to negate or discount every example of why someone would pray? :aicmon:

No wonder you don't believe in God. You think God is a genie whose sole purpose is to grant you wishes. :russ:

No wonder you're so upset. Did your Christmas list get ignored as a kid? :umad:

You gotta know your daddy before you can play catch with him. :yeshrug:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
No wonder you don't believe in God. You think God is a genie whose sole purpose is to grant you wishes. :russ:

I don't believe in god because I'm not the one out here misrepresenting scientific understanding or making arguments like "you have faith in science" like i'm going to let that slick shyt slide.

You're an idiot dude. Just accept it. Thats how you know you can improve on your current state. Its painful at first, but I'm doing this for your own good.

If you assert something, you have to back it up.

You could very well be right. Maybe there is a god...in the abrahamic tradition...but why should I believe you or take what you have to say as fact or accept it according to the very standards I NEVER would lower when it comes to this? :usure:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

i dont know you from a can of worms. If I throw you a ball you gon drop it? :leostare:

Johnny Kilroy

79 points in 1 quarter
Daps
Reppin
the midrange
I don't believe in god because I'm not the one out here misrepresenting scientific understanding or making arguments like "you have faith in science" like i'm going to let that slick shyt slide.

You're an idiot dude. Just accept it. Thats how you know you can improve on your current state. Its painful at first, but I'm doing this for your own good.

If you assert something, you have to back it up.

You could very well be right. Maybe there is a god...in the abrahamic tradition...but why should I believe you or take what you have to say as fact or accept it according to the very standards I NEVER would lower when it comes to this? :usure:

You absolutely have faith in science, as do I. Someone told you the square mileage of the Earth. You never investigated it. You believe this person though. You have faith in them.

If you don't have faith in science then don't mention it again on these boards until you conduct your own experiments and do your own tests. Until then you're just repeating something someone else said because you have faith in their work. And if they continue to research and find out they were wrong and change something, you're going to have faith in whatever new thing they tell you too.

You're delusional and/or a liar.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
:mjpls:

PijbPS0.png

:duck:

J1IA5LY.png

qok4DrR.png

Like I said...believing in stuff without proof
. :leostare:

The problem is that we can actually test that. Merely believing in something doesn't make it actually any more real, true, or valid.

Either god was responsible for getting the job, or god was not.

You can't claim god was responsible if the person's effort was all that mattered.

This comes down to free-will. :usure:

You won't win this brah :pachaha:

I'm not trying to argue with you about if god is real or not. I'm saying that people don't develop faith in something without some kinda proof. Now proof to someone could be a persons word alone.

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
You absolutely have faith in science, as do I. Someone told you the square mileage of the Earth. You never investigated it. You believe this person though. You have faith in them.

If you don't have faith in science then don't mention it again on these boards until you conduct your own experiments and do your own tests. Until then you're just repeating something someone else said because you have faith in their work. And if they continue to research and find out they were wrong and change something, you're going to have faith in whatever new thing they tell you too.

What we all are engaging in is not the same type of faith though. We all (should) understand the scientific process, and very few ideas get through all the scrutiny of experimentation and peer review if they are wrong or flawed. We are all witnesses to the positive results of science when we use our computers, tvs, cell phones. We don't each have to conduct the experiments for ourselves to not be using faith. We COULD and would have come up with the exact same results, but most of us chose not to go down that path.

Faith in the religious sense has no confirming evidence. There is no track record of scripture providing anything true about the universe or nature. There's no way to verify if claims about an afterlife are reliable. Believing those claims takes faith ... not verified scientific fact. You say it's heresay, but that doesn't make it any less reliable, or as unreliable as theistic claims. It's just intellectually dishonest to try to equivocate these two things.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I'm not trying to argue with you about if god is real or not. I'm saying that people don't develop faith in something without some kinda proof. Now proof to someone could be a persons word alone.

Indoctrination leads people to absolve themselves of thinking critically.

If you start from the position that you might be wrong, and work to prove what it is that you think is true, you might end up elsewhere.

But then again...I can't take you entirely seriously if you're misrepresenting basic science arguments that a college freshman would overcome.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
You absolutely have faith in science, as do I. Someone told you the square mileage of the Earth. You never investigated it.

Thats not faith.

Faith is belief without evidence.

I have a perception of scale and an understanding of physics.

You believe this person though. You have faith in them.

I can calculate the size of the earth using two people, radios, some sticks in the ground, and a distance of a few hundred miles.

What more do you need?

If you don't have faith in science then don't mention it again on these boards until you conduct your own experiments and do your own tests.

Actually, a lot of what I do is work in labs so yes, we deal with the impacts of repeating and analyzing the work of others.

But keep trying to discredit the scientific method.

Cheaters get revealed all the time when the house of cards fall and get banned from doing research or writing papers all the time

Until then you're just repeating something someone else said because you have faith in their work. And if they continue to research and find out they were wrong and change something, you're going to have faith in whatever new thing they tell you too.

Yawn.

Yeah, I guess I just accept quantum tunneling as some bullshyt someone made up.

OH WAIT...we can observe it in understanding the nuclear fusion of the sun!

Don't you EVER substitute your ignorance of scientific concepts and misrepresentation of ideas you don't even attempt to take seriously with my grasp of the very concepts you deride.

You are a complete and utter fool.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Indoctrination leads people to absolve themselves of thinking critically.

If you start from the position that you might be wrong, and work to prove what it is that you think is true, you might end up elsewhere.

But then again...I can't take you entirely seriously if you're misrepresenting basic science arguments that a college freshman would overcome.

Good :troll:

Johnny Kilroy

79 points in 1 quarter
Daps
Reppin
the midrange
What we all are engaging in is not the same type of faith though. We all (should) understand the scientific process, and very few ideas get through all the scrutiny of experimentation and peer review if they are wrong or flawed. We are all witnesses to the positive results of science when we use our computers, tvs, cell phones. We don't each have to conduct the experiments for ourselves to not be using faith. We COULD and would have come up with the exact same results, but most of us chose not to go down that path.

Faith in the religious sense has no confirming evidence. There is no track record of scripture providing anything true about the universe or nature. There's no way to verify if claims about an afterlife are reliable. Believing those claims takes faith ... not verified scientific fact. You say it's heresay, but that doesn't make it any less reliable, or as unreliable as theistic claims. It's just intellectually dishonest to try to equivocate these two things.

Ok it's "a different kind of faith"? As in, it's still faith? Gotcha.

You absolutely have to conduct these experiments yourself to deny you are going off faith and even if you do them you have to have faith in your results. Pluto used to be a planet. I had faith in that. The bottom line is you have faith in most things you "know".

Let me ask you a question: How did the universe come into existence? Religious people think God set it all in motion, they have faith in that. You think there is no God, you obviously have faith in that, no? You believe there is no god, right? So how did the universe come about? Whatever your answer to that question is you HAVE to have faith in it. People can believe whatever they want and you can't prove or disprove it one way or the other.

@Napoleon No one cares what you have to say, breh. :troll:

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

You absolutely have to conduct these experiments yourself to deny you are going off faith and even if you do them you have to have faith in your results. Pluto used to be a planet. I had faith in that. The bottom line is you have faith in most things you "know".

Let me ask you a question: How did the universe come into existence? Religious people think God set it all in motion, they have faith in that. You think there is no God, you obviously have faith in that, no? You believe there is no god, right? So how did the universe come about? Whatever your answer to that question is you HAVE to have faith in it. People can believe whatever they want and you can't prove or disprove it one way or the other.

@Napoleon No one cares what you have to say, breh. :troll:

What is funny to me is if someone ran up on them with a gun would they be asking for god or dawkins

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps

Well... no, actually. At that point it's not faith at all, because the subject has been proven. My appeal to someone who's an expert on the subject doesn't mean I'm relying on faith. It's a rational acceptance of a claim based on previous experience and reason. Faith is accepting a claim with no good evidence, or with contrary evidence.

Let me ask you a question: How did the universe come into existence?

I don't know, but I think Big Bang cosmology is probably the best explanation we have for the current state of the universe.

Religious people think God set it all in motion, they have faith in that. You think there is no God, you obviously have faith in that, no?

Um...well, I would say the people who claim a god exists hasn't met the burden of proof to convince me. I don't know if a god exists, but I haven't been convinced that one does. It doesn't take faith not to accept supernatural claims, as they haven't been proven. It's only faith when you believe things that have little supporting evidence that it's true.

You believe there is no god, right? So how did the universe come about?

No....You've already asked this.

Whatever your answer to that question is you HAVE to have faith in it.

It doesn't take faith to say "I don't know", because ... I don't know.

People can believe whatever they want and you can't prove or disprove it one way or the other.

You don't have to disprove everything to not accept it as true and be consistent. You don't have to disprove the lockness monster exists to be justified in not accepting it as true. This is now we usually think about every extraordinary claim.

Again:
NoMayo15 said:
It's just intellectually dishonest to try to equivocate these two things.