At what point did you begin to dislike Walter White in Breaking Bad?

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
He still wanted the money to go to them which is why he made Elliot and his wife give promise to give them the money. Like I said, it started being about his family and like anyone else, the money and power got to him.
:dahell: That was the most thrilling move Walt made in the whole show. Sneaking up on his old pals, showing them how much money he had....Summoning the laser pointers like he's a God.

You better believe he had a blast doing that shyt:ufdup:

Daps
Reppin
the land of oochie wally AND one mic
Poisoning the little kid. Can't recall his name at the moment but, that was disgusting.

Not doing anything while Jesse's girlfriend choked on her own vomit was just as fukked up. Homie was acting like he did Jesse a favor at the end by letting him start a new life when he destroyed his chance at happiness before, plus got him involved in everything in the first place. Jesse was content with being a low level drug dealer, not a major meth trafficker surrounded by hardened killers and cartels. Now going back to the girl, maybe in Walt's fukked up perspective he thought he was doing Jesse a kindness by removing a bad element from his life. Still incredibly grimey. Come to think of it :patrice:him poisoning the little kid also fukked his relationship with the other broad. Walt basically destroyed both of his attempts at finding happiness with someone.

His action's leading to Hank's death. Hank didn't deserve to go out like that. By that point I hated Walt as a character. He deserved everything that happened to him.

I have to respectfully disagree with all of your points.

One. The kid’s name was Brock.

Two. Walt was painted into a corner that was sure to leave him and his entire family dead by the hands of Gus Fring if he didn’t act - swiftly and drastically. Now was the move he made rather extreme? Absolutely.

But he had to do what he had to do. And manipulating Jesse (who was close to completely turning against him at this point in the story) was essential for Walt and his family’s survival.

Plus, it was partially Jesse’s fault that Walt had gotten into such deep shyt with Fring anyway. If Pinkman hadn’t gone rogue on a solo mission to kill Gus’s guys, then Walt wouldn’t have had to save Jesse’s life.

Thus, many events wouldn’t have occurred as a direct result; there was a lot of shyt that Walt did that I didn’t necessarily agree with but understood.

Like the Jane thing.

It was fukked up how she went out, but did you really expect Walt to save that girl? A chick that was just blackmailing him and manipulating not only Walt but Jesse as well.

The same toxic ass chick who would’ve OD’d regardless with all that money she blackmailed Walter into giving up and, because of their unhealthy dynamic, would’ve had Jesse OD’ing as well.

And don’t get me started on Hank. Hank put himself into that situation when he became obsessed with the blue meth case. Nobody told his tunnel vision having ass to be doing all the illegal shyt he did in the wake of trying to catch the main suspect.

He chose to do shyt off the books, he chose to incorporate unethical methods to get the results he wanted, he dragged Walter (a civilian, as far as he knew at the time) into his illegal investigation of Fring (which would’ve put Walt in harm’s way regardless), he put himself in a lot of the binds he got into because he was a thirsty muthafukka who wouldn’t stop until he got his guy by any means.

And that unrelenting thirst is what ultimately did him in. Not Walt.

Last edited:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Two. Walt was painted into a corner that was sure to leave him and his entire family dead by the hands of Gus Fring if he didn’t act - swiftly and drastically. Now was the move he made rather extreme? Absolutely.

But he had to do what he had to do. And manipulating Jesse (who was close to completely turning against him at this point in the story) was essential for Walt and his family’s survival.

Plus, it was partially Jesse’s fault that Walt had gotten into such deep shyt with Fring anyway. If Pinkman hadn’t gone rogue on a solo mission to kill Gus’s guys, then Walt wouldn’t have had to save Jesse’s life.

Thus, many events wouldn’t have occurred as a direct result; there was a lot of shyt that Walt did that I didn’t necessarily agree with but understood.

Like the Jane thing.

It was fukked up how she went out, but did you really expect Walt to save that girl? A chick that was just blackmailing him and manipulating not only Walt but Jesse as well.

The same toxic ass chick who would’ve OD’d regardless with all that money she blackmailed Walter into giving up and, because of their unhealthy dynamic, would’ve had Jesse OD’ing as well.

And don’t get me started on Hank. Hank put himself into that situation when he became obsessed with the blue meth case. Nobody told his tunnel vision having ass to be doing all the illegal shyt he did in the wake of trying to catch the main suspect.

He chose to do shyt off the books, he chose to incorporate unethical methods to get the results he wanted, he dragged Walter (a civilian, as far as he knew at the time) into his illegal investigation of Fring (which would’ve put Walt in harm’s way regardless), he put himself in a lot of the binds he got into because he was a thirsty muthafukka who wouldn’t stop until he got his guy.

Bruh if the solution to your problems is to poison a 5 year old kid...you need counseling and prison time.

Jane probably would've killed herself in the long run but, Walt not helping her in that moment makes him complicit. If you believe in a higher power or karma, you can't seriously argue that's not murder. That's no different than Turtle/Proctor watching his wife OD on Power. That's super fukked up. If anyone did this in real life, they'd be condemned. Then you add in the fact that he knew Jesse (who was supposed to be a son to him) loved her and it makes it worse.

There's no way that Hank is the bad guy here. Walt is a criminal who sells one of the most addictive, destructive and corrosive drugs you can sell. It turns people into zombies in a matter of months. Rots their teeth. Puts sores all over their face. Makes their skin blacken and bruise. Its disgusting. He killed multiple people. He sat by and watched a little kid get killed by Todd. He blew up buildings and hospitals. He was dissolving bodies in vats of lime like Marlo as if it was normal. Not only did Walt do all of this, he put Hank in an untenable position. He was the Deputy. If he did nothing, he would be complicit. He would be flushing his entire career, legacy and reputation down the drain. Even then, it still made him look bad because who the fukk is gonna believe he didn't know his Brother in Law was an international criminal? People would either think he was complicit like I said above or the dumbest muthafukker alive for not knowing. That would drive most people mad. Put yourself in Hank's shoes...he was searching for this dude for years, obsessed with catching him and the entire time he was having dinner with this muthafukker every other week smh.

The only good thing Walt did was letting Jesse go free and murking Todd's family to avenge Hank but, he was really just cleaning up his own mess.

Last edited:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You mean Fring’s guys, that killed Jesse’s boy because Walt told him to sell on the competition’s territory after Jesse, Skinny Pete and the guy that eventually got killed that it was a terrible idea?

Daps
Reppin
Bruh if the solution to your problems is to poison a 5 year old kid...you need counseling and prison time.

Jane probably would've killed herself in the long run but, Walt not helping her in that moment makes him complicit. If you believe in a higher power or karma, you can't seriously argue that's not murder. That's no different than Turtle/Proctor watching his wife OD on Power. That's super fukked up. If anyone did this in real life, they'd be condemned. Then you add in the fact that he knew Jesse (who was supposed to be a son to him) loved her and it makes it worse.

There's no way that Hank is the bad guy here. Walt is a criminal who sells one of the most addictive, destructive and corrosive drugs you can sell. It turns people into zombies in a matter of months. Rots their teeth. Puts sores all over their face. Makes their skin blacken and bruise. Its disgusting. He killed multiple people. He sat by and watched a little kid get killed by Todd. He blew up buildings and hospitals. He was dissolving bodies in vats of lime like Marlo as if it was normal. Not only did Walt do all of this, he put Hank in an untenable position. He was the Deputy. If he did nothing, he would be complicit. He would be flushing his entire career, legacy and reputation down the drain. Even then, it still made him look bad because who the fukk is gonna believe he didn't know his Brother in Law was an international criminal? People would either think he was complicit like I said above or the dumbest muthafukker alive for not knowing. That would drive most people mad. Put yourself in Hank's shoes...he was searching for this dude for years, obsessed with catching him and the entire time he was having dinner with this muthafukker every other week smh.

The only good thing Walt did was letting Jesse go free and murking Todd's family to avenge Hank but, he was really just cleaning up his own mess.

Breaking Bad’s timeline was about two years in total, and Hank found out about a year or so after Walt decided to “break bad”.

So it wasn’t “years” that they sat at the table together with Heisenburg right under Hank’s nose, though I understand what you’re saying.

But even before Hank became the man in charge, he was doing reckless shyt - some not even having to do with the case at all. Starting that bar fight, for example. Driving to Jesse’s house and beating him to a pulp after that prank call incident. Bringing Walt on those “ride along” stakeouts which could’ve really went left, especially if Walt was actually a civilian. And a host of other shyt I could reference.

Hank was doing a lot of shyt that risked not only his life/livelihood but others as well.

Like I said, I didn’t agree with most of Walt’s choices but some I understood.

Yes, that Brock shyt was twisted but what other drastic thing could Walt have done to get Jesse on his side to take Gus out? I’m asking in earnest, because I’m genuinely open to suggestions.

What else could Walt have done or said to get Jesse to listen to him or be on his side? He tried talking it out with him, and that didn’t work. Skyler spent most of his money on that Beneke taxes shyt, so it’s not like he could’ve contacted the vacuum dude to get he and his family out of dodge.

Tell me what Walt should’ve done instead. I’m serious.

As far as the meth shyt, do you feel that way about all of the characters who participated in the game? Like Jesse (who was in the game first)? Gus’ guys including Victor, Silas, Mike, etc.? Gus himself?

shyt - Gale even?

Many people’s hands got dirty some way - somehow in this show. Maybe with the exception of Walt’s kids but damn near every character had their flaws. Some bigger than others.

I’m not gon’ act like Walt was without fault, or act like he wasn’t some prideful, egomaniacal b*stard who escalated situations - oftentimes unnecessarily. But to put everything on him? Like everything was all his fault?

Nah.

Other characters had a part to play in their own destruction, too.

If Walt wasn’t cooking meth, someone else already was or would have. Supply and demand. Simple economics.

If Walt wasn’t involved in the game, who’s to say some of the characters like Hank and Jesse would’ve been better off?

You can’t say that for sure because both Jesse and Hank were in the game (on opposite sides) from the beginning. And we all know how tumultuous/dangerous that “industry” can be.

Daps
Reppin
You mean Fring’s guys, that killed Jesse’s boy because Walt told him to sell on the competition’s territory after Jesse, Skinny Pete and the guy that eventually got killed that it was a terrible idea?

You mean the same guys who would’ve killed Jesse (who was high as fukk, tweaking off of his own supply) if Walt hadn’t swooped in to save Jesse’s ass?

Yup.

In the end, most of these people were grown as fukk and had choices. Them cats didn’t have to slang for Walt and Jesse, but they did.

Jesse didn’t even have to work with Walt, but he did (yes I remember Walt basically strong arming him, but still...Jesse had a choice).

Jesse didn’t have to say yes to Walt’s “aggressive expansion” plan, but he did. Jesse knew the risks and still agreed. Yes, he initially resisted even after Walt broke his balls about it, but he still gave in.

Jesse could’ve saved himself a lot of trouble if he just stood ten toes down on what he believed in. But truthfully Jesse was weak as fukk for the most part, and even Walt knew that. And used that to his advantage.

CourtesyFlush

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Like the Jane thing.

He chose to do shyt off the books, he chose to incorporate unethical methods to get the results he wanted, he dragged Walter (a civilian, as far as he knew at the time) into his illegal investigation of Fring (which would’ve put Walt in harm’s way regardless), he put himself in a lot of the binds he got into because he was a thirsty muthafukka who wouldn’t stop until he got his guy by any means.

You make some good points breh

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Rewatching now and it’s definitely season 3, when he had his son drinking and bosses up on hank at the party. Season 3 is when everyone became unlikable

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

THE MOMENT HE STARTED
CALLING HIMSELF HEISENBERG.

DUDE WAS TOO CORNY FOR HIM
BUT I LOVED THE SHOW

:devil: