At what point did you begin to dislike Walter White in Breaking Bad?

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
You aren't supposed to like Walter White. You are supposed to find him compelling. To make an anime comparison he's the closest I feel like we've come to a live action Light Yagami from Death Note. Watching power just absolutely corrupt a common man and transform him into a detestable piece of shyt. I feel like Walter's send off was undeserving of such a person. When Light went out he got an ending he deserved. Walt got to design his end and he didn't deserve to.

Thats actually a realistic ending, MANY horrible, detestable people throughout history have gotten away scott free from consequences for their actions. At least Walter caught a bullet.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Jane is ultimately the one most at fault for what ends up happening to her, but that corruption went both ways. Jesse played a role, too, in shattering Jane’s 18 month sobriety by using in front of her. Those two were a horrible match with the way they kept enabling bad behavior out of the other.

But it’s the chain reaction that her death caused for me. Yeah, she was a terrible influence on Jesse, but that was still someone’s daughter at the end of the day. Indirectly causing Jane to fall onto her back and letting her choke on her own vomit was a fukked situation, and a large part of Walt knew that.

The plane crash that resulted was ridiculous as hell though, looking back at it.

Didn’t Jessie straight up tell Jane he was still doing drugs, wasn’t interested in quitting drugs and she should leave him alone?

Dude straight up told her “I’m about to smoke some Meth, you should bounce.” And she DECIDED to break her own sobriety for some wigga dikk

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thats actually a realistic ending, MANY horrible, detestable people throughout history have gotten away scott free from consequences for their actions. At least Walter caught a bullet.
from his own invention, i wonder what the plan would of been if he didnt catch that stray?

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Didn’t Jessie straight up tell Jane he was still doing drugs, wasn’t interested in quitting drugs and she should leave him alone?

Dude straight up told her “I’m about to smoke some Meth, you should bounce.” And she DECIDED to break her own sobriety for some wigga dikk
I’m not disputing that at all. Like I said, her getting into that whole situation is ultimately HER fault, but I’m not going to paint a picture like Jesse is this sole saint who’s being corrupted here either. That toxicity went both ways.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
from his own invention, i wonder what the plan would of been if he didnt catch that stray?

He wanted Jessie to kill him. He was banking on Jessie being upset over Jane’s death but Jessie was like “if you wanna die do it yourself”. I think Walter was too arrogant to kill himself but I could see him trying to go out in a blaze of glory in a shootout with the cops had he not been wounded

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
It hurt him inside cause Elliot took credit for his sh!t
He didn't take credit for it. Gale looked up to and praised walt like a god. That was the plan they came up with so everything pointed away from Walt but his ego just couldn't let it go.

You talking about Grey Matter?

Last edited:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When he let Jesse's girlfriend die, I no longer cared about him because that was highly fukked up.

When Hank died, it was :camby: Skyler was a bish to me for most of the series but, I would've been on her side 1000% IRL. You got my sister's husband entangled in your nonsense and killed brutally, there's no forgiveness there :camby:

Who Not How

Superstar
Daps
When he let Jesse's girlfriend die, I no longer cared about him because that was highly fukked up.

When Hank died, it was :camby: Skyler was a bish to me for most of the series but, I would've been on her side 1000% IRL. You got my sister's husband entangled in your nonsense and killed brutally, there's no forgiveness there :camby:
Jesse's girl needed to go.

Walt ain't let her die...he just ain't intervene......I woulda did the same thing :unimpressed:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When I found out he didn't accept help from his friends at Grey Matter.
the premise of the show is trash tbh :heh:

this meek science teacher who just got diagnosed with cancer is gonna turn down a high paying job with free health insurance, to cook up some raggedy meth and sell it on the street :dead:

yeah, i know, his ego was awakened, and he became heisenberg. gimme a break :mjlol:

Tetsuo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
the premise of the show is trash tbh :heh:

this meek science teacher who just got diagnosed with cancer is gonna turn down a high paying job with free health insurance, to cook up some raggedy meth and sell it on the street :dead:

yeah, i know, his ego was awakened, and he became heisenberg. gimme a break :mjlol:
When my art professor was trying to get me into the show, I was like

picard-double-facepalm-gif-writereditorproblems-lynseyg.gif

The show was good, but I'm not gonna lie I regret ever getting invested in it because after it was over I thought to myself "I hate almost every character, why did I watch this shyt?
:why:"

Got some good memes out of it though:pachaha:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

I stopped giving a fukk about Skyler when she went back to Walt. All of her whining and crying was nothing more than hypocrisy after that moment. Even the therapist told her, “take the kids and get the hell out”. She got the divorce she supposedly wanted and STILL went back to Walt. The money was all everybody cared about (except Walt ironically, he cared about his ego) and Sky was no exception. Ain’t no such thing as halfway crooks and Skylar is the DEFINITION of why.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

In relation to Walt's ending being too happy or a W for him, I said this 10 years ago:

Like I said earlier in the thread, Jesse would get busted one good time, probably from Emilio snitching, because that was set up in the first few episodes of season 1. And that would've been the end of Jesse's career as a drug dealer, he would've went to college or some shyt.

No meth lab in his basement = his parents don't kick him out = he doesn't meet Jane. She doesn't overdose, or if she does it's not on his head.

Jesse never tries to slang in rehab, he never meets Andrea. She's still alive. Tomas is still alive, so is Combo.

Krazy 8, Emilio, Tuco, Gonzo, No-Doze, and the Cousins are all alive. Peter Schuler, Dan Wachsberger, Drew Sharp, Victor, Chow, Chris, Tyrus, and Mike's 9 guys are all alive. Declan and his crew are all still alive.

The 167 people on Wayfarer 515 are still alive. The Mexican immigrants the Cousins killed sneaking into America are alive. So is the old woman they killed, and the Border patrol.

Gus, Gale, Lydia, Gomez, Hank and Mike are all still alive.

Walt is still alive. :wow:

I could go on but I'm sure you see my point. Total, close to 300 people died throughout the course of the show. That's not even counting the collateral damage, like Brock growing up with no father or mother, Holly growing up with no father, Kaylee never knowing what happened to Mike, etc.

That's why I :heh: when people claim the ending was too happy. It's like....do you realize how many people had to catch Ls for Walt to "win"?

Fred.

Fred.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
He started out noble we rooted for him because he tried doing life by the book and he couldn’t provide enough for his family in the case of misfortune passing. But I think he was always that person the power just brought it out
What show were you watching?

He was given a legal way to not only get cancer treatment, but have a high paying job for life, just by burying the hatchet with his best friends, after he fukked them over and walked out....

And he said "fukk that.. I'll sell Meth"

And y'all love him for it.. That's one thing I noticed on rewatches... Everyone was completely shytting on the wife and kids... But if you watch it, they BEG that man to get help, tell the truth and explain what the fukk is going on...

And he lied in their face every single time cause his ego couldn't take a job

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Him playing with fire because of his ego had me like :snoop:

Man's was off the case and sparked it back up on himself for no reason

Also left the damn book in his bathroom cause he was too busy jerking off to "the other WW" instead of tossing that shyt the same day the man got murdered... Or anytime after the investigation started

Dude was really an idiot