At what point did you begin to dislike Walter White in Breaking Bad?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You aren't supposed to like Walter White. You are supposed to find him compelling. To make an anime comparison he's the closest I feel like we've come to a live action Light Yagami from Death Note. Watching power just absolutely corrupt a common man and transform him into a detestable piece of shyt. I feel like Walter's send off was undeserving of such a person. When Light went out he got an ending he deserved. Walt got to design his end and he didn't deserve to.

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
You aren't supposed to like Walter White. You are supposed to find him compelling. To make an anime comparison he's the closest I feel like we've come to a live action Light Yagami from Death Note. Watching power just absolutely corrupt a common man and transform him into a detestable piece of shyt. I feel like Walter's send off was undeserving of such a person. When Light went out he got an ending he deserved. Walt got to design his end and he didn't deserve to.
He started out noble we rooted for him because he tried doing life by the book and he couldn’t provide enough for his family in the case of misfortune passing. But I think he was always that person the power just brought it out

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
He started out noble we rooted for him because he tried doing life by the book and he couldn’t provide enough for his family in the case of misfortune passing. But I think he was always that person the power just brought it out
You don't really even know who you are until you have options. When Walt could be whoever he wanted instead of be what life forced him to be we saw who he really was. Walt should have been forced to go out in an undignified manor though. He got to go out respectably.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
cannot understand why the fandom gets so mad about that junkie bytch who was corrupting jesse. everyone on this show was unlikable
Jane is ultimately the one most at fault for what ends up happening to her, but that corruption went both ways. Jesse played a role, too, in shattering Jane’s 18 month sobriety by using in front of her. Those two were a horrible match with the way they kept enabling bad behavior out of the other.

But it’s the chain reaction that her death caused for me. Yeah, she was a terrible influence on Jesse, but that was still someone’s daughter at the end of the day. Indirectly causing Jane to fall onto her back and letting her choke on her own vomit was a fukked situation, and a large part of Walt knew that.

The plane crash that resulted was ridiculous as hell though, looking back at it.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Jane is ultimately the one most at fault for what ends up happening to her, but that corruption went both ways. Jesse played a role, too, in shattering Jane’s 18 month sobriety by using in front of her. Those two were a horrible match with the way they kept enabling bad behavior out of the other.

But it’s the chain reaction that her death caused for me. Yeah, she was a terrible influence on Jesse, but that was still someone’s daughter at the end of the day. Indirectly causing Jane to fall onto her back and letting her choke on her own vomit was a fukked situation, and a large part of Walt knew that.

The plane crash that resulted was ridiculous as hell though, looking back at it.

Someone's daughter? This show was about dealing meth :laff:

Come one man, don't you think that was destroying families as well?

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Someone's daughter? This show was about dealing meth :laff:

Come one man, don't you think that was destroying families as well?
If you can’t see the tragedy in that whole situation then I don’t know what to tell you. Unless you’re being purposefully obtuse.:unimpressed:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you can’t see the tragedy in that whole situation then I don’t know what to tell you. Unless you’re being purposefully obtuse.:unimpressed:
I can’t remember, did pinkman ever find out the father ended up killing himself?

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I can’t remember, did pinkman ever find out the father ended up killing himself?
As far as Jesse knowing, I have no clue. Doubt it. Pops shot himself, but it’s unclear as to whether it was a fatal blow or not (S3E4). The fact we didn’t hear anything else about the guy throughout the show makes me think he didn’t make it. :francis:

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I turned this show off in like five minutes.

As I found the lead character to be a p*ssy suburban far from urban family man. That I could not even buy.
what the premise of the show was.
or what people said good about it.

This and better call Saul. I just turned off.

Not about watching some fictitious white man.
being made into this drug dealer.
Like he was the meth dealer version of king of nyc's frank white.
now named walter white.
I found the lead character.
as wack and a ho. That I never invested in this series.

I guess I am too urban.
to suspend belief for this bullshyt.
I turned off snow fall too.

shyt is a cop out by fox. To not disclose rhe facts and make a sensationalidt style tv show about the drug trade. When the show should have been the real story of how the real rick ross met dnaanilo Brandon and the government creating the drug trade with nazi's.

Instead. Show was weak as fukk on the first episode. Like it took place in the new 24 universe. Which I also never got into.

fukk those shows.

Art Barr

I do not find any pleasure in watching goofies and clucks.
This show is about some country ass goofies and clucks.
Who want to cash in on the urban shot for cheap spike lee move.
Immediate turn off.

Art Barr

Last edited: