At first it was funny, but now its just SAD to see New York lack a rap identity

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree on that, but like I said before I've not really got into to the CA underground scene, that might be why I can't recognize a CA record. It seems to be the most interesting scene in rap right now . I'm gonna have to get into it this summer.

Most definitely.
I think Kendrick's two mixtapes that lead up to Section. 80 sound
more like the current "So cal" from the beats to the topics.
While someone like Hopsin has that funk sound with a heavy dre influence, he also includes stuff from The Bay.
Then you had dudes like Blu and Fashawn which sound like straight NY Hip Hop that's got that southern Cali perspective.

It's pretty diverse out here actually. Lol

And yeah I agree with you, there are clearly rappers with international recognition from specific areas that don't SOUND like they're from that area.
I mean someone could easily mistake J. Cole for an NY rapper.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this brooklyn kid is dope. his style is too throwback for him to really blow up but its refreshing to see an NY dude not afraid to make NY music, especially someone so young

Last edited by a moderator:

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
NY has always been a leader that everyone else followed until the last 10 years or so. What NY needs is to start new trends. Since EVERYBODY is flossed out and rich now, go a different direction. How about a dude on some real life sh!t like "A Bentley? Nyqqas I'm happy if I got bus fare for the day!" And he's gotta have charisma, skills, and know how to make hot music, not just spit hot verses.

Someting new, something different.

:laff::weirdo::shaq2:

Enzo

The Great
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I think the bigger problem is

You guys are looking for hoodstarz

they are gone

Outside of a few, almost everyone that's coming out now is a hipster, emo, suburban kid who grew up listening to NY/LA hip hop and now are telling their story

EDIT: wasn't clear

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
I think the bigger problem is

You guys are looking for hoodstarz

they are gone

Outside of a few, almost everyone that's coming out now is a hipster, emo, suburban kid who grew up listening to NY/LA hip hop and now are telling their story

EDIT: wasn't clear

I disagree. Those hoodstarz exist. We just have no inclination, want, desire, or need to listen to a Maino, Uncle Murda, Fred The Godson or Red Cafe album. They can drop singles all day, but an album? Forget it.

Yung Fresh

street money/str8 cash
Daps
Reppin
NC
fred the godson was probably the dopest to come out in a minute. the fukk is he doing now?

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Do Curren$y (just hit mainstream) and K.R.I.T. not have albums that drop on Tuesday? Did J. Cole not get a gold plaque last year? Ain't Wale droppin' music? And 2-chainz ain't doing nothing but taking that trap music torch from Jeezy, T.I., Gucci, etc.

:rudy: DC not the south breh

D.C Young

TMC
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I love down south music more then anything but I miss that old classic new york rap shyt

french montana brought it back a little with that shotcaller joint

damn ny fell of