At first it was funny, but now its just SAD to see New York lack a rap identity

ODOYLE RULES

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Off the Cliff
this brooklyn kid is dope. his style is too throwback for him to really blow up but its refreshing to see an NY dude not afraid to make NY music, especially someone so young

Joey BADA$$ x Capital STEEZ - "Survival Tactics" - YouTube

yeah he's nice. but look at the top video on the video.

Damn. shyt was good till you dissed Basegod. You don't want that beef. Lil B will serve you up a full course meal.

megadeth232 1 day ago 9

it's not the artist that's the problem, it's the fans. everybody racing to the lowest common denominator. too many dikkriders in the hip hop fanbase. trolls are in now. :snoop:

ODOYLE RULES

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Off the Cliff
I disagree. Those hoodstarz exist. We just have no inclination, want, desire, or need to listen to a Maino, Uncle Murda, Fred The Godson or Red Cafe album. They can drop singles all day, but an album? Forget it.

where are the hoodstarz from new york that are below the age of 25? I can't find them anywhere? It seems like everybody from ny below the age of 25 is a hipster or on that charles hamilton steez. if i'm wrong, let me know who they are b/c I think what ny needs is a young gritty nikka from the projects who has charisma and is still in his low 20s. asap ain't really that. he admits, him and his crew were outcasts in harlem...bunch of weirdos.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
The funny thing about NY is that it's a city of 20 million 1/3 of those 20 are black, it shouldn't be a problem to push and promote a rapper. Thing is that New York rarely supports wack artists, unlike most southern hiphop cities. French Montana had to go down to the south to get some love.. When they make it nationally, that's when cats start fukking with them. Besides French, Asap and Nicki Minaj are two other examples that blew nationally before the blew in NY. The support is weak, the radio stations act like they are national, the clubs act like they are national etc.

But besides that, rappers from NY for the past years has really not been that dope, creative, fresh or original.
Which in the end is the only real problem.Cats like J. Cole and Electronica moved to NY and became rappers, two southern nikkas actually moved to NY and were basically better than every underground rapper in the city, fresher, more creative, more original and got signed to the roc.

Hussein Fonzarelli

The Whitey Corp.
Daps
NY is the prolly the most pathetic out of all them major cities.

They got the 55 year old rappers and DJ's running around not putting ANYBODY on talking how "back in the days son, son, the Tunnel, oh man, let me tell ya son" and similar "we gettin old aint we" type of talks

Then you got the 600 000 000 000 dollar Yankees who despite having all the moolah, achieved the undisputed, unprecedented, unmatched most pathetic bytchass meltdown in the history of all sports back in 2004.

Then you got that lame ass Madison Square Garden and those funky ass good for nothin Nix, who didn't win jack shyt in 40 years but still the douchebags from NY hype it and market it as the GREATEST venue in all sports, the MECCA of basketball.

GH77q.png

New York is just a sad ass city.

While typing this, I went on Twitter to check some shyt, and I saw probably the most exposed rapper of them all, the rapper who's ass got exposed most by the Twitter lie detector. The rapper who suffered the most due to his uncontrollable urge to expose his feminine ways on Twitter. He has "the greatest who ever Twitted" in his description. I won't even type out his lame ass ridiculous name.

New York hip-hop is just pathetic. Ain't nobody trying to check none of your shyt out since 1999.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
NY is the prolly the most pathetic out of all them major cities.

They got the 55 year old rappers and DJ's running around not putting ANYBODY on talking how "back in the days son, son, the Tunnel, oh man, let me tell ya son" and similar "we gettin old aint we" type of talks

Then you got the 600 000 000 000 dollar Yankees who despite having all the moolah, achieved the undisputed, unprecedented, unmatched most pathetic bytchass meltdown in the history of all sports back in 2004.

Then you got that lame ass Madison Square Garden and those funky ass good for nothin Nix, who didn't win jack shyt in 40 years but still the douchebags from NY hype it and market it as the GREATEST venue in all sports, the MECCA of basketball.

GH77q.png

New York is just a sad ass city.

While typing this, I went on Twitter to check some shyt, and I saw probably the most exposed rapper of them all, the rapper who's ass got exposed most by the Twitter lie detector. The rapper who suffered the most due to his uncontrollable urge to expose his feminine ways on Twitter. He has "the greatest who ever Twitted" in his description. I won't even type out his lame ass ridiculous name.

New York hip-hop is just pathetic. Ain't nobody trying to check none of your shyt out since 1999.

Calm down :what:.
NY is still the capital of the world, I just think NY nikkas are starting to smarten up and do shyt besides being entertainers (physical and musical entertainers).
The hoods are getting less hood everyday, the city is getting more mixed everyday. From a real life standpoint NY is the winning city from the ignorant standpoint they're getting soft, not enough nikkas are thoro enough, too many cats are graduating college, too little crack slanging activity on the corners, not enough Future/Gucci Manes in city and not enough 2 year career broke footballers :obama:

Hussein Fonzarelli

The Whitey Corp.
Daps
I wasn't refering to none of the shyt you typed. The fact still remains you got the 55 year old NY rappers and DJ's running their own shows not giving anybody place to shine.

And Yankees suck dikk. Giants too. Knicks? Please.

That's all.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
I wasn't refering to none of the shyt you typed. The fact still remains you got the 55 year old NY rappers and DJ's running their own shows not giving anybody place to shine.

And Yankees suck dikk. Giants too. Knicks? Please.

That's all.
How can the Giants and Yankees be wack? :ohhh: Blasphemy.
Yankees are taking it and Giants are getting the back to back.

I give you knicks, Kay Slay and Mr Cee though, but The Zoo Nets are coming :shaq:

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
Man, NYC needs another Biggie or 50 Cent to come up with a major buzz and with that classic NYC sound, couple of hit records and take over the game.

There's millions of people in this city, some of them gotta be talented and know how to rap, Whenever this subject comes up it reminds of the part in the Biggie biopic where diddy was saying how every region has a big star and NYC needs one, the same applies today.

The South has Wanye
The West has Game
Canada has Drake

NYC ????

NYC hip hop isn't just the same, I mean they even closed Beat Street. :flabbynsick:

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
One of the biggest elements missing from ALL hip hop, not just New York but NY is the biggest culprit...no more slang.
Have ya'll noticed that?

Rappers don't really use regional slang or phrases in their music any more. Back in the day you could barely understand what the fukk anyone was saying and that made it special. It gave a mystique and it forced you to pay attention and listen multiple times "like damn that was dope...fukk did he say??" Nowadays you pretty much "get it" on the first listen and lose interest immediately after..

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:scusthov: at a nikka really saying wale is from the south. Fact is nobody really has a sound anymore. Everyone is the same generally speaking. Ross sound like a east coast nikka & asap sound southern.
Along with cole sounding like a east coast dude. Keefe like a southern rapper. But overall the sound is the same

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
:scusthov: at a nikka really saying wale is from the south. Fact is nobody really has a sound anymore. Everyone is the same generally speaking. Ross sound like a east coast nikka & asap sound southern.
Along with cole sounding like a east coast dude. Keefe like a southern rapper. But overall the sound is the same

I disagree. Plenty of people/areas have a sound and are distinct to their area if you listen to them. Currensy has a sound and you can hear New Orleans in his music. Nipsey Hussle is very much Westcoast sounding in all his music. Kendrick Lamar doesn't sound like Odd Future which doesn't sound like anything else. Houston has its own distinct sound...which is how people are able to peg ASAP to it in the first place. Wale always shouts out the 'DMV' so I don't know how anyone could get confused on where hes from. Im not even a fan and I've heard him say it in his music a ton.

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps

It's amazing the lies people tell in this thread to defend nyc lol, ross sounds like he's from the east coast now :smh: . The south and west has a sound, why is it so hard to admit smh