At first it was funny, but now its just SAD to see New York lack a rap identity

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Yes, AG & DOA, Empire State of Mind, Lost ones, is not euro music, but most of Jay's post black album music doesn't have that NYC vibe that this his albums from 96 - 03 had.

I never said Game has Ready to Die buzz in 2012, I live in NYC and I don't really check for West Coast rappers other than the ones from the 90s (Yes I know Game is not from the 90s and blew up in 2005). I don't know who the fukk is hot over on that side of coast. I just assumed it was Game so I guess you got me there, didn't know most consider him a mixtape rapper though.

I mean NYC doesn't have a 50 Cent circa 2003 - 2005, dude was running Hip Hop back then. Or even Jay Z/DMX back in the late 90s.

As for them other dudes you mentioned, I don't know any of them other than Wiz, and isn't he from Pittsburgh? I'm talking about rappers from NYC.
Why are you comparing New York a city of 8 million to The South, The West and Canada regions and countries lol? You said East, West and South.

Jay-z's music sounds straight new york, he's still got the same damn producers producings his shyt. American Gangster sounds more New York than anything he's done since RD. Blueprint 3 was produced by Kanye, No ID, Pharrell, Timbo and Swizz the same damn crew excluding No ID but the Chicago sound is close enough. And even if it doesn't sound New York it still sounds east coast. Jay-z sounds more east than any rapper you mentioned sounds like they come from their region, specially Drake laughable.
his latest 1st singles

Doesn't get more NY

Don't forget unofficial singles like

I co-sign with this thread, but saying that Hov doesn't make NY music or that Nas isn't as relevant (or more) as The Game. Or saying that Lil Wayne makes New Orleans music or Drake Canadian music is laughable.

Last edited by a moderator:

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
Why are you comparing New York a city of 8 million to The South, The West and Canada regions and countries lol? You said East, West and South.

I see this argument a lot from New Yorkers on message boards. While I would agree comparing one city to an entire region isn't fair you guys have no problem turning around and saying 'New York is the center of the world'. I don't think its a stretch for someone to compare 'the greatest city in the world' to a region like the South.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
I see this argument a lot from New Yorkers on message boards. While I would agree comparing one city to an entire region isn't fair you guys have no problem turning around and saying 'New York is the center of the world'. I don't think its a stretch for someone to compare 'the greatest city in the world' to a region like the South.
Well I'm not from NY tho, just live there and I'm not even in the states right now :youngsabo:

Anyways, he said east, west and south. Like back in the days when we someone said east we just assumed Philly, DC, Jersey and of course NY.

Philly, the burgh and DC and is more like NY than Houston is like Atlanta or New Orleans like Miami.
I agree on comparing so-cal or even the whole state to NY the city, cause ya'll dukes are spread out NY is kinda centered. But not the whole south to Cali and NY. The south goes all the way from Cali to damn near new york (Virginia).

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
While this board was comatose, I was checking out Joey Badass on Youtube.

The kid got it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Does he have an album?

Also, what is Meyhem Lauren & Matthew Raggazino best tape (with original beats)?

I need to load up the Ipod with some new stuff.

I can't keep listening to the same 90s Hip-Hop over and over.