ASUS announces their own handheld pc

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Still a big fan of the Steam Deck, but its inability to play games like Destiny, Roblox, Minecraft, PUBG, or Fortnite, leaves huge opening for competition. For $700, I'm on it day one. I'll probably end up re-signing up for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate too. I also will be looking forward to finishing Splinter Cell: Conviction, which doesn't work on Steam Deck.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Still a big fan of the Steam Deck, but its inability to play games like Destiny, Roblox, Minecraft, PUBG, or Fortnite, leaves huge opening for competition. For $700, I'm on it day one. I'll probably end up re-signing up for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate too. I also will be looking forward to finishing Splinter Cell: Conviction, which doesn't work on Steam Deck.

Steamdeck will always be legendary for putting the spotlight in this field. Competition is always a good thing and we know Steamdeck 2/Switch 2 are coming eventually.

But yea for me personally this is ticking all the right boxes. I'm on this day 1! Especially if I can just preorder and pick up at Best buy.

Now just waiting on this controller to eventually release.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Those eGPUs are stupid expensive. That said, I would love to use my old Razer Core X with it.
Yeah it’s $2K for the 4090 eGPU. But for like $2700 you could have a killer portable gaming setup for your TV. I’m strongly considering it. I like my Deck, but it’s mainly an emulation machine for me and some handheld (like HiFi Rush). If I could play in 4K at 120fps on my TV, which the 4090 can do (at least on my gaming pc), that’s impressive. I worry about the cpu though. I wonder if it’ll be a bottleneck. Same with the cable from the eGPU to the Ally. I’ll wait on some benchmarks, but a portable 4090 setup that you could plug into any TV would be very nice. $2700 is cheaper than building a small form case setup with a 4090 and a CPU, Mobo, ram, etc.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
I'm hearing $699, they pulled a George Foreman Grill PS3 launch with that pricing... :heh:

You can't price a handheld more than a PS5 and as much as a 4070 bruh...

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
I'm hearing $699, they pulled a George Foreman Grill PS3 launch with that pricing... :heh:

You can't price a handheld more than a PS5 and as much as a 4070 bruh...

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Do you know anyone who owns that shyt? :heh:

There is a reason the SD did numbers and has mainstream appeal, that reason is balance between performance and pricing...

No handheld should cost more than a console...

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
They have a fanbase

Jud Buechler had a fanbase, played with :mjgrin: and won 3 NBA titles...

You probably never heard of him though just like nobody ever heard of a ayano...

Their userbase is virtually non-existent like their profit margin...If the $300 Steam Deck didn't exist, that shyt would be the same status...People were literally waiting 6+ months for the $300 joint to restock when the other two models were readily available...

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
Jud Buechler had a fanbase, played with :mjgrin: and won 3 NBA titles...

You probably never heard of him though just like nobody ever heard of a ayano...

Their userbase is virtually non-existent like their profit margin...If the $300 Steam Deck didn't exist, that shyt would be the same status...People were literally waiting 6+ months for the $300 joint to restock when the other two models were readily available...

I don't know ayaneo sale figures

lepard

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Ally can use eGPUs

If you buy an external gpu then hook up your Ally to your TV, this could be a great TV computer setup

Sounds uber promising... battery life will be the key.

I have Roblox working on my SD. Fortnite I just use Gamepass, it's free on that (Play Fortnite | Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta) on Xbox.com)

The others are legit... Minecraft is absolutely a huge one.

I almost installed Windows on my SD but I just don't want to deal with it.

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps