ASUS announces their own handheld pc

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I think they didn't price the lower-end model well because at $100 price difference you might as well opt for the extreme. I think they should've made the lower end at least $549.99. However, I guess it makes sense since this is an enthusiast device and enthusiast are willing to spend the $699.99

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
That Ally Z1 extreme model price leak has got some Steam Deck fanbois shook. I subscribe to a few Steam Deck focused youtube channels and I had to laugh when I watched this fool scramble to damage control, when he learned Steam Deck was getting competition with price parity. You don't have to watch. I just linked for reference.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
That Ally Z1 extreme model price leak has got some Steam Deck fanbois shook. I subscribe to a few Steam Deck focused youtube channels and I had to laugh when I watched this fool scramble to damage control, when he learned Steam Deck was getting competition with price parity. You don't have to watch. I just linked for reference.

Do you know what the word parity means bruh?

Entry level SD is $300

Entry level ASSUS is $599

:heh:

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Do you know what the word parity means bruh?

Entry level SD is $300

Entry level ASSUS is $599

:heh:
Well you just exposed yourself for not knowing. :ufdup:

Parity - "Equality; similarity or close correspondence or equivalence as regards state, position, condition, quality, degree, etc."

Steam Deck has 3 SKUs ranging in price from $400 - $650, the Ally has 2 SKUs at $600 and $700. The prices overlap, but the Ally will offer significantly more performance, thus justifying the minor price differences.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Entry level assus is definitely the better deal over the high end SD.

Only thing missing is trackpads but i don’t play shyt that i would need those for,

I just got my SD yesterday and almost don’t even wanna unbox it. Waiting for the 11th, but i think i’m sending it right back.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Well you just exposed yourself for not knowing. :ufdup:

Parity - "Equality; similarity or close correspondence or equivalence as regards state, position, condition, quality, degree, etc."

Steam Deck has 3 SKUs ranging in price from $400 - $650, the Ally has 2 SKUs at $600 and $700. The prices overlap, but the Ally will offer significantly more performance, thus justifying the minor price differences.
No the prices do not overlap, the bulk of consumers always go for the entry model and there is a $200 difference between them bruh...

Case and point, look at the SD sales numbers, the only SKU constantly sold out is the $300 model...There is a reason for that, most people rather spend that $500 on a PS5...

The performance of the entry level SKU needs to be DOUBLE that of a SD entry level SKU and be on par with a PS5 to warrant that $600 price tag. In other words games that run at 30FPS on a $300 SD need to run at 60FPS on this ASUS joint with better battery performance and push equal performance to a PS5...I'll confidently bet against this...

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No the prices do not overlap, the bulk of consumers always go for the entry model and there is a $200 difference between them bruh...

Case and point, look at the SD sales numbers, the only SKU constantly sold out is the $300 model...There is a reason for that, most people rather spend that $500 on a PS5...

The performance of the entry level SKU needs to be DOUBLE that of a SD entry level SKU and be on par with a PS5 to warrant that $600 price tag. In other words games that run at 30FPS on a $300 SD need to run at 60FPS on this ASUS joint with better battery performance and push equal performance to a PS5...I'll confidently bet against this...
I think it will match PS5 at lower resolutions.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
And how exactly is that a good thing?

How you going to cost more than a PS5 and not push the same resolution/performance when docked? :heh:

That's a massive flop at that price point if that is the case...
It’s a handheld device. If you want a PC you buy a PC. Resolution doesn’t matter as much on a portable screen.

It has a screen attached to it. That’s the value. For a PS5 you need a screen to go with it.