Daps
7" FHD 120Hz
AMD Z1 Extreme
16GB LPDDR5
AMD Radeon Navi3 Graphics
512GB NVMe M.2 SSD
Dolby Atmos Surround Sound

my asus (F1502ZA) laptop specs
  • 15.6" LCD with an anti-glare surface presents a bright, clear picture. FHD (1920 x 1080) resolution yields a high level of image detail, and LED backlighting provides a thinner, more energy-efficient screen
  • Get the processing power you need from an Intel Core i3
  • 8GB of memory is available to run powerful programs and games
  • no graphics card info
  • 256GB PCIe SSD drive
  • Audio by ICEpower® produces rich, dynamic sound for your media
so I bought a “cheap” asus laptop for two courses…and now that I’m done was thinking about using it as a low performance gaming laptop…thought I’d compare the specs…it’s not looking good but for someone who knows a bit more about computers…how much more powerful is this handheld gonna be in comparison to my laptop?

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
  • 15.6" LCD with an anti-glare surface presents a bright, clear picture. FHD (1920 x 1080) resolution yields a high level of image detail, and LED backlighting provides a thinner, more energy-efficient screen
  • no graphics card info
  • 256GB PCIe SSD drive
so I bought a “cheap” asus laptop for two courses…and now that I’m done was thinking about using it as a low performance gaming laptop…thought I’d compare the specs…it’s not looking good but for someone who knows a bit more about computers…how much more powerful is this handheld gonna be in comparison to my laptop?
To check your video card go to device manager> display adapter, and it will tell you your card. Hard to know how comparable without that. However, based on the other specs you posted above. I'll say it's a significant upgrade over your laptop. Theoretically, this machine is not that far behind next gen consoles tbh

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
To check your video card go to device manager> display adapter, and it will tell you your card. Hard to know how comparable without that. However, based on the other specs you posted above. I'll say it's a significant upgrade over your laptop. Theoretically, this machine is not that far behind next gen consoles tbh

thanks…owe you rep (musta repped you recently)…I’ll post the card info in a bit…but yeah the laptop seems like it’ll only be good enough for 8/16 bit game emulation lol…just tryna find a new use for this thing

*edit*

intel UHD graphics

Last edited:

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
  • no graphics card info
  • 256GB PCIe SSD drive
:mjlol:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

it was just a cheap laptop that I could print from and use MS 365 for class lmao…aside from that tho I don’t have any use for a laptop…especially since I stream and don’t use torrents anymore so just tryna figure out if I could use it for some light gaming playing some of my steam games…stall me out lol

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I'll stick with my deck for a few more years cuz I just play graphic intensive shyt on my ps5 anyway, but this is definitely something to look out for :jbhmm:

Edit: forgot I have a crazy credit limit on my best buy card I don't use, this makes it possible stupid impulse buy territory

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I'll stick with my deck for a few more years cuz I just play graphic intensive shyt on my ps5 anyway
that's why I didn’t get a Deck. the Switch has shown me I don't like to play games like BOTW or Metroid Prime in handheld mode. and I already have a capable PC

the only game I play on my phone is Sudoku :lolbron:

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
ill probably use this to play indie games late at night while laying on my bed , or when im on the train.

rarely for graphic intensive games where I would rather use my pc or ps5.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
The Ally can use eGPUs

And that’s before we talk about the eGPU. That’s right — you can plug the Ally into Asus’ XG Mobile docking station, which is available with a high-end RTX 4090 laptop GPU. I’ve used the XG Mobile with other Asus PCs before, and the process couldn’t be easier; you plug the GPU in with a fat connector cable, and then it just works. eGPU connection is not something you can easily do with the Steam Deck, by contrast, and it’s certainly not an intended function of that device. Asus, again, is shooting for the high-end here.

If you buy an external gpu then hook up your Ally to your TV, this could be a great TV computer setup