Assimilation or Autonomy?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
My take is we should strive for something i call Practical Autonomy. That term means we should strive to be as autonomous as possible (with the goal of full autonomy in mind). Teach our own children, support our own businesses, build/fund our own politicians to protect and execute our interest. This is very possible right now.. but not without a code.
Don't think anyone would disagree with this.

But it's not autonomy.

Like I said if y'all aren't using dictionary definitions, then you must better define these terms so they can be discussed productively. Otherwise we are just going back and forth over semantics.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
As far as assimilation goes. Ever notice how much nikkas love the idea of assimilation but are not TRULY assimilated into the white culture?

Peep.

We don't like their style of cooking
We don't like the way they dress
We don't like most of their movies
We don't like their humor
We don't like their music
We don't like the way they kick it
We don't like the way they do social media
We don't like the way the way they do church
Etc

Seriously nikkas. You don't really fukk with white people like you think :pachaha:

My opinion on the integration nikkas is: Black folks want to be next to whitey for the resources, white p*ssy, and out of fear of being alone with your own people.

Reminds me of those silly blacks who say "I want to a collage that is more diverse...:krs:" but when they get there they only hang out with black people. Or.. "I want to move to a city that is more diverse, i need diversity...:krs:" but when move to that city they only hang out with black people...

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
This is the Garvey/Dubois debate and it's 100 years old. You can't be autonomous because the entrenched power base will use the system to destroy or steal anything you create. The idea that we can carve out a separate sub-society will never work...for long. Assimilation has a built-in negative connotation. You have to exploit the rules of the system you live under. Jews have deal with prejudice for 2 millennia, but they figured out that yes you have to uplift your own people, but you have to work within the rules of any culture you're a part of.

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
Reminds me of those silly blacks who say "I want to a collage that is more diverse...:krs:" but when they get there they only hang out with black people. Or.. "I want to move to a city that is more diverse, i need diversity...:krs:" but when move to that city they only hang out with black people...

:why: but integration has shyt do with hanging around people of certain races. In fact that the least of our concerns.

Social media and cooking nikka?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
We don't like the way the way they do church
Etc
:usure:

nikkas love spaghetti,
nikkas love Nikes
nikkas love Ironman
nikkas love Kevin Hart movies :mjpls:
I'll give you music.
nikkas love Budweiser
nikkas love Facebook
nikkas got Jesus from white folks.

Seriously nikkas. You don't really fukk with white people like you think :pachaha:

My opinion on the integration nikkas is: Black folks want to be next to whitey for the resources, white p*ssy, and out of fear of being alone with your own people.
Or maybe they'd just like the have the same rights and privledges afforded to white American:ehh:

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
This is the Garvey/Dubois debate and it's 100 years old. You can't be autonomous because the entrenched power base will use the system to destroy or steal anything you create. The idea that we can carve out a separate sub-society will never work...for long. Assimilation has a built-in negative connotation. You have to exploit the rules of the system you live under. Jews have deal with prejudice for 2 millennia, but they figured out that yes you have to uplift your own people, but you have to work within the rules of any culture you're a part of.

You can be who you are though. You can rock a tie in the office and rock a Dashiki in the street. You can get a degree and still start your own business.

SubZero

Hall Of Fame
Daps
Reppin
Wall Street - Black Renaissance Purveyor
Is that why other civil rights leaders were slowly considering MLK an outsider? And what the hell do you mean he never created a blue print? :what:

I swear some of you characters hardly studied MLK like you all claim. Look up the Poor People movement. More importantly this...

^That is what he REALLY wanted. Do you really think a guy that studied Karl Marx thought blacks people able to shop in the same stores as whites was the liberation for blacks? He never had a chance for his plan for economic liberation to begin because he was killed before it even commenced.

Integration(not what you're thinking) was only his first step, NOT his primary plan for blacks, it was the primary plan for other civil rights leaders..

Then we have this!!!
Martin Luther King: We Are Not Interested in Being Integrated into This Value Structure
Structure

Martin Luther King: We Are Not Interested in Being Integrated into This Value Structure | Raj Patel

If anything MLK in that article is echoing something more similar to what @Poitier is saying!

You have to always judge a means based on its end especially when the end is result driven. And when you analyse the "end" of the civil rights movement - you have to question the means. If MLK had a blueprint for economic independence - how come black businesses/economics collapsed after integration? Why were the Jews and white women able to hijack a black movement fought with the tears, blood, and sweat of black folks and end up as the two groups who benefited from it the most?

I don't need YouTube rhetoric to know that they never had blueprint. Anyone can say anything - implementing it is a different thing entirely.

And everything you posted happened after he saw he has been scammed and that was shortly before he was assassinated. Not in the thick of things. And what happened in the thick of things is what MLK's legend and hero status was built on, not what you are posting.

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
As far as assimilation goes. Ever notice how much nikkas love the idea of assimilation but are not TRULY assimilated into the white culture?

Peep.

We don't like the way they do church
Etc

tenor.gif