Assimilation or Autonomy?

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
You do realize the terminology capital is directly correlated to the term capitalism right?

No, its not. Every economic system has had some form of "capital." Capitalism is termed as such because it centers capital around the individual, not because capital is only existent in its system....I'm definitely not encouraging Black capitalism so your tangent is useless:mjlol:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Business owner in America who does most business over seas.

His office gets broken into, who does he call?

He goes on a business meeting, what does he wear?

A law gets passed that puts his business at risk, what does he do?

Any semi-intelligent person would know there are literally a million different answers depending on the individuals and situations in each of these highly vague, dumb hypothetical scenarios.

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
Autonomy however the vast majority black people in America are not ready for that type of talk. So they will pick assimilation. Black people in America are a nation within a nation. We are 46-50 million of us. We have the same population as South Korea,Spain,Ukraine,and Colombia. The issue is that black nationalist in the past have talked about a black homeland in America however they never go into great detail in how to implement it.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Any semi-intelligent person would know there are literally a million different answers depending on the individuals and situations in each of these highly vague, dumb hypothetical scenarios.
All the answers equal assimilation to American society, which is why you chose to deflect instead of answer.

As usual circle talk from you :mjlol:

SubZero

Hall Of Fame
Daps
Reppin
Wall Street - Black Renaissance Purveyor
What you said has literally nothing to do with the OP. And btw its a myth that MLK was crazy for integration. If anythinh he was more for economic freedom.

That's why I said OP needs to explain himself because assimilation is interchangeable with integration and autonomy is interchangeable with self-preservation.

How is it a myth that MLK wasn't crazy about integration when it was the primary objective of the civil rights movement? You can't even argue that he was for economic independence when he never created a blueprint for one before he died and his failure in that regard is the reason why the Jews and white women benefitted more from the civil rights movement than black folks.

Perhaps you're alluding to the latter stages of his life. However, liberals don't talk about that whenever they talk about MLK and he never did much in that regard before he was killed.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
All the answers equal assimilation to American society, which is why you chose to deflect instead of answer.

As usual circle talk from you :mjlol:

I could easily say that a person who has the resources could simply leave in any of those situations and be right. There are plenty of self-employed people who dress casually in meetings. Self-policing in communities is real. Are you really this dumb?

Nevemind, I'm not doing this back and forth with an idiot. Good day, sir.

SubZero

Hall Of Fame
Daps
Reppin
Wall Street - Black Renaissance Purveyor
The type of "integration" MLK wanted is not what people think of when they use that word. MLK wanted reparations primarily and that is the goal of an autonomist.The only thing he never preached was separating from American society.
The type of "integration" MLK wanted is not what people think of when they use that word. MLK wanted reparations primarily and that is the goal of an autonomist.The only thing he never preached was separating from American society.

Post receipts.

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
No, its not. Every economic system has had some form of "capital." Capitalism is termed as such because it centers capital around the individual, not because capital is only existent in its system....I'm definitely not encouraging Black capitalism so your tangent is useless:mjlol:

Sooooooo a black man owning a business that is primarily contributed to by other black people is not a form of Black Capitalism or Capitalism in general....... Again with that double talking breh.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Autonomy however the vast majority black people in America are not ready for that type of talk. So they will pick assimilation. Black people in America are a nation within a nation. We are 46-50 million of us. We have the same population as South Korea,Spain,Ukraine,and Colombia. The issue is that black nationalist in the past have talked about a black homeland in America however they never go into great detail in how to implement it.

The thing is....I'm not even big on the homeland in America idea. I think we should view our society as a satellite of the greater diaspora with various African nations being the bulk financiers.

President Sakora

Supporter
Daps
This is the first question you should ask any Black person before speaking to them on Black-centered matters?

True or False? Personally, I say yes. It'd be an easy way to spot the bullshytters from the real.

This needs to be the new phrase for those of us trying to build.
i like this! but you know you're going to get a lot of fence straddlers.