Assimilation or Autonomy?

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
Being supposedly "pro-black" gets touted around too easily.

Especially recently with this woke movement.

Being truly and honestly pro-black is only reserved for the few and far between.

Sums it up.

There's nothing wrong with being anti-racist and pro-equality if that's as if far as you'll take your political integrity, but too many people use the banner of "pro-blackness" to simply reiterate beliefs and talking points that mirror a pro-equality and anti-racist mindstate, which has nothing to do with being pro-BLACK.

It's one of the easiest indicator of a person being scared.

"Black people should look out for themselves only..." :ehh:

"OH SO YOU WANT TO GO TO WAR AND KILL COPS?!!::damn:

"IF YOU'RE SO MILITANT WHY DON'T YOU GO KILL RACIST CACS YOURSELF?!" :pacspit:

"???" :what:

I look out for my family and close friends only. fukk you nikkas :yeshrug:. When it come down it most of you will not give your last to help another black man. If you see a black man getting beat down in the street you not going to come to his rescue, your going to pull out a camera and yell WORLDSTAR.....but when it comes to your pocket, its ......I need blacks help to come support my struggling business.

Well what will you do if you become rich off black dollars.....give back?

"fukk naw" I got mines you need to get your own.......the story of 95% of rich people in the world. Greed is beyond skin color........:camby:........some will throw a few crumbs which equates to throwing some turkeys off a 18 wheeler and feel like they helping our people :mjlol:

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
When it come down it most of you will not give your last to help another black man. If you see a black man getting beat down in the street you not going to come to his rescue, your going to pull out a camera and yell WORLDSTAR.....but when it comes to your pocket, its ......I need blacks help to come support my struggling business.

Well what will you do if you become rich off black dollars.....give back?

:what:...

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Ultimately I think the answer is autonomy.

But there are levels to it because normally you have to play the assimilation game to some strategic degree before you acquire the knowledge and resources to achieve true autonomy.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Everything happening just confirms my line of thinking more n more.

shyt situation and we ain't getting out of it without massive amounts of pain.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Is that why other civil rights leaders were slowly considering MLK an outsider? And what the hell do you mean he never created a blue print? :what:

I swear some of you characters hardly studied MLK like you all claim. Look up the Poor People movement. More importantly this...

^That is what he REALLY wanted. Do you really think a guy that studied Karl Marx thought blacks people able to shop in the same stores as whites was the liberation for blacks? He never had a chance for his plan for economic liberation to begin because he was killed before it even commenced.

Integration(not what you're thinking) was only his first step, NOT his primary plan for blacks, it was the primary plan for other civil rights leaders..

Then we have this!!!
Martin Luther King: We Are Not Interested in Being Integrated into This Value Structure
Structure

Martin Luther King: We Are Not Interested in Being Integrated into This Value Structure | Raj Patel

If anything MLK in that article is echoing something more similar to what @Poitier is saying!

:lupe: Do any of y'all know which PBS special that clip was from?

• Dap
Reactions: Oso

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm with the "neither" crowd, because "neither" will happen.
I would like autonomy in the form of our own nation-state.
There won't be one.

Edit: Jesus, I read all 11 pages of this thread and it's an argument about semantics :mjlol:
There's no such thing as complete autonomy and just like you can't keep the UK in the EU, there is no collective Black diasporic mindstate that would allow for this fantasy "autonomy."
The best you can do as Black Americans is to uplift your "people" and community by allowing a steady flow of capital, opportunities, jobs, and innovation in.

:mjcry:

Last edited:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Is that why other civil rights leaders were slowly considering MLK an outsider? And what the hell do you mean he never created a blue print? :what:

I swear some of you characters hardly studied MLK like you all claim. Look up the Poor People movement. More importantly this...

^That is what he REALLY wanted. Do you really think a guy that studied Karl Marx thought blacks people able to shop in the same stores as whites was the liberation for blacks? He never had a chance for his plan for economic liberation to begin because he was killed before it even commenced.

Integration(not what you're thinking) was only his first step, NOT his primary plan for blacks, it was the primary plan for other civil rights leaders..

Then we have this!!!
Martin Luther King: We Are Not Interested in Being Integrated into This Value Structure
Structure

Martin Luther King: We Are Not Interested in Being Integrated into This Value Structure | Raj Patel

If anything MLK in that article is echoing something more similar to what @Poitier is saying!

:lupe: Do any of y'all know which PBS special that clip was from?

Found the PBS special it came from:

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
To keep it a hunnit, we need independence. Republic of New Afrika.

Assimilation is not an option. One, it's not who we authentically are. Two, after being forced to adopt cac languages, names, religion, and culture -- they still do not accept us. Cacs already exist, we're not going to "out-cac" our way into acceptance.

We need to fully embrace Afrikan roots and culture but most nikkas ain't ready for that.

phobos:\\

All Star
Daps
Blacks tried assimilation, it didn't work out. Autonomy is an extreme that isn't feasible either. We need, like some people have said, independence. We can rely on our own devices for the most part whilst trading, etc..., with other peoples. That won't happen in America, it will have to happen in Africa imo.