Assimilation or Autonomy?

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
If you ever watch any docs on African american history you always hear "segregation" being the issue opposed to white people interfering with black peoples lives negativaly which is not the same as segregation. I think was use to make the ideal of being seperate from someone to seem "wrong". People can be seperate and still do business and treat each other like decent humans.

I see assimlination through the views of African Americans and African/Black immigrants like this:

AAs were forced toAmerica essentially for white people. AAs literally define the history of America thus naturally should be entitled to what they built BUT the purpose of bringing Africans to America was to build America for whites.

So with this you had certain blacks thinking the respect of whites could be earned OR saying eff it Im going to partake in things that are "American" because I myself am an "American" (which is fact"). So its like what do you when when the great accomplishments of your ancestors directly or indirectly helped empower white supremacy? Why should you abandon something you built? How is it truly "assimilating" when you are the architect of the society you are in? So with this you end up having African Americans who "want to be" the white man. With this you see AAs who often brag about doing things "white people do".

From the immigrant perspective, immigrants never really existed with white people on a level where they and white people both struggled (at least from what I know) together in the same place or same time, their perspectives of whites have always been on seeing white people in small numbers dominating them to the point where they become completely dependant on whites where they see the white man as God. Outside of the obvious South africa and Haiti, most cases of white supremacy oppressing immigrants were in the cases of white people funding puppet blacks to do their bidding and in the same breath those whites will then swoop in like A "savior" and condem the same puppets they fund and provide minimal BS "aid" to these immigrants. This creates the "white man can do no wrong" complex where immigrants will look at African americans on some "man yall dont know how good yall got it" stuff. So when they get to america they want to "assimillate" and be in the good graces of their "savior".

The disconnect on both sides is white supremacy is the root cause of both parties problems and the root cause of the literal divide between the two sides. The second both sides acknowledge the root cause of their problems will be the moment both sides will see they can work together. Working together doesnt mean running away to another country or anything either.

Im probably off topic like hell but those are my thoughts.

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
I do not wish to presume, but all of this sounds eerily like Full Metal Bedwench

Law? Federal Law? What's next "human rights". :laff: So it is indeed Full Metal Bedwench. Here is the truth my friend. If white people (read white men) don't feed you, you starve; if white people (read white men) don't hire you, you're homeless; if white people (read white men) feel like it, you'll go and die halfway across the world fighting some brown b*stard that has more guts than you (since in some capacity he stands up to these same white people while you're wenching for the American Dream); when white people (read white men) don't feel like you're worth the bother they don't create these federal laws of yours to restrain their plebs and thus, as it already been mentioned, bombs drop on town centers and church members find themselves suddenly quite close to god. You're as American as they allow it, and they'll allow it so far as you conform to their dictum. Quid pro quo my boi. Nothing is free. What must you give up in order to be accepted into his world. Read a book.

Oh my days. Money?:laff::laff::laff: It's so disheartening. How illogical must you be to the point that @Matt504 is trying to bring you to reason. For your information, what keeps white people (or any other group) in power is power itself. Nothing more, nothing less. And that power derives from their superior capacity to turn inputs into outputs, in others words, the ability to allocate and make use of scarce resources (material, human, knowledge, etc). Wealth does not grow on trees (well, it actually does, but nevermind), it does not exist of itself, it must be created. The ability to create and secure wealth is an indication of power (since one must address a myriad of things like scarcity and competition) not its source.

By the end of this century, the present wealthiest nation in history will have likely lost its hegemony. Amazing! Even as it was the wealthiest nation in history, its power waned. You see, power does not bow to greater wealth (that's you being myopic), it bows to greater power.

Yeah Ill remember all that when I think about the all the people who openly gave their lives so your goofy ass can sit around talking about what people give you

go-away.gif

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
You can be who you are though. You can rock a tie in the office and rock a Dashiki in the street. You can get a degree and still start your own business.

Yeah, but that's you being you. Now, what if you say we're going to create an autonomous black-owned district where we live by our own rules. Soon as shyt starts popping, city hall will come in with some bullshyt set of new rules and taxes and buy you out or burn you down. That's basically what gentrification is. This pattern plays itself out all the time.

Here in downtown KC, the downtown fell off and naturally those areas want to become entertainment or bar districts. But city hall wasn't having that. They didn't want organic growth, they wanted some cookie-cutter suburban, overpriced suburban appeal. So, they'd do whatever they could to suppress these businesses. Until, some fat cat investors showed up with the Power and White...I mean Light district. Out go the black clubs and old bars. Housing prices go up because all the landlords know what's coming:feedme:Bunch of overpriced bars and restaurants that the suburbanites can hit up when they want a little taste of downtown, but not TOO urban if you know what I mean :mjpls:

The only solution is to slice off your piece of the entrenched power base. You can call that assimilation, but it's better than waiting for some bureaucrat to run you out of town.

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
I grew up in KC left in 2001. And the downtown Area was less then subpar when I left. I went back a few years ago and was pleasantly surprised at the growth. Now I know how whitey will come and take an old area with no real promise and decide to start buying it up and rebuilding with the intention of moving higher paid people into the community while at the same time moving poorer people out.

MrWestGrand

The Negotiator
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
To do what? What is the outcome? What is the strong black race going to do? You know how change was enacted back in the 60's? It wasn't one person or one movement, it was several hundred different movements, and thousands of people doing small individual things . It all for the same purpose but we were not a hive mind where we all know what every other person was doing. We all need to do something TO BETTER OUR INDIVIDUAL situation. What can you do to make your situation better. Instead of always trying to look at the next man's contribution judging and finger pointing. nikkas being the change they want to see is like a lost cause on this board. All these cats want someone else to be a leader, or someone else to do what they do, or someone else to think like they think. Its always someone else that needs to do more to help our people. Its a toxic mindset. Because WE ARE NOT TOGETHER. We are human beings all living our own lives out here. So many black men will bust yo head to the white meat to take what you got in your pocket just because they don't give a fukk about themselves or you and your black pride shyt. They trying to eat out here. You think they care about black Nationalism? But that man is your brother or your enemy. Like we have black enemies too nikka.

You talking about recruiting like we going to war, like these cacs wont nuke this fukking country to keep us from getting it. Hence Donald Trump. My point. We can all win, but it will take individual contribution, and every man focusing on their own contribution not what the next man is doing.

The outcome is simple, creating autonomous relationships with like minded blacks strengthens the foundation for blacks to build intellectual and economic resources for future generations. This shyt ain't about me, it's about the kids that come after me and so on and so on.

Your mistake, is thinking most blacks are struggling because they don't represent a ideology that's been taught by a system designed to keep them marginalized economically and physoclogically. Once we establish the infracstruce needed within our own community, we can allow other races that come to the table to sit and negotiate with us on terms that are fair and equitable to us.

As far as nuked and all that other shyt, I don't give a fukk about that, nikka you scared go by a radioactive suit and call it a day.

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
The outcome is simple, creating autonomous relationships with like minded blacks strengthens the foundation for blacks to build intellectual and economic resources for future generations. This shyt ain't about me, it's about the kids that come after me and so on and so on.

Your mistake, is thinking most blacks are struggling because they don't represent a ideology that's been taught by a system designed to keep them marginalized economically and physoclogically. Once we establish the infracstruce needed within our own community, we can allow other races that come to the table to sit and negotiate with us on terms that are fair and equitable to us.

As far as nuked and all that other shyt, I don't give a fukk about that, nikka you scared go by a radioactive suit and call it a day.

I don't think most blacks are struggling. In fact I believe that a strong majority of our race in this country is doing pretty good. Things could always be better. But I don't aspire to believe in this down trotten black race and all these "solutions" the black race needs to uplift ourselves up from this make shift holes that every body including ourselves seems to keep putting us in. We need to let those who want more, do more.......and those who don't , don't. Every black man don't want more out of life. But its plenty who do. And regardless of this dream, or want, or chosen route, those are the people we need to move up. We don't need to unite like some fukking Transformer, we don't need a black leader, we don't need some uppity nikkas putting down our entire race on some willy wonka golden ticket philosophy that don't mean shyt. We simply need to focus our selves and our direct community. And help out those who want more but who cant seem to get there. You nikkas want race domination but don't have the slightest clue to get there for one. Are harping on fairy tale dreams for 2, and 3 fail to understand that the only thing these cacs understand IS MONEY. They want respect, they don't our unity, they are not going to speak to us rather we are united or not because they don't give a fukk about us. Therefore get money, help others get theirs.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Your mistake, is thinking most blacks are struggling because they don't represent a ideology that's been taught by a system designed to keep them marginalized economically and physoclogically.
That's everybody in this thread.

The entire premise of this conversation is trying to meet white peoples standards.

In reality the quality of life for most black people in America is relatively pretty good.

We only get into these conversations when we start comparing black people to other groups.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
segregation along the lines of the intelligent and the ignorant
you only matter if you move righteous
obsession with appearance/complexion is not profitable for me

but i know this thecoli and that don't fly fukk it imma be the c00n squad capo jahahahahaa

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
Being supposedly "pro-black" gets touted around too easily.

Especially recently with this woke movement.

Being truly and honestly pro-black is only reserved for the few and far between.

Pro-black is a mindstate + a lifestyle. Too many black people want to pick and choose.

Sums it up.

There's nothing wrong with being anti-racist and pro-equality if that's as if far as you'll take your political integrity, but too many people use the banner of "pro-blackness" to simply reiterate beliefs and talking points that mirror a pro-equality and anti-racist mindstate, which has nothing to do with being pro-BLACK.

Who said autonomy would be gained from opening businesses in America? Yall assume and let your mind pivot to things yall are secretly scared of confronting. Its funny.

It's one of the easiest indicator of a person being scared.

"Black people should look out for themselves only..." :ehh:

"OH SO YOU WANT TO GO TO WAR AND KILL COPS?!!::damn:

"IF YOU'RE SO MILITANT WHY DON'T YOU GO KILL RACIST CACS YOURSELF?!" :pacspit:

"???" :what:

Tropical Fantasy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Beverage Fridge, 3rd Row!!
We need to establish networks globally, specifically in Africa. Africa has soooo many natural resources and non blacks are the main ones profiting. We need to join forces with the folks in Africa and extract those resources so they can benefit the children of African worldwide.

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
We need to establish networks globally, specifically in Africa. Africa has soooo many natural resources and non blacks are the main ones profiting. We need to join forces with the folks in Africa and extract those resources so they can benefit the children of African worldwide.

You need resources to do that. And what makes you think the war lords already over there are just going to let you come in and harvest the same resources they are killing each other over.