Assimilation or Autonomy?

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
Assimilation hasn't and will never work for blacks collectively. Complete independence where we have our own is ideal--but as some have mentioned there's levels. Right now to some degree there must be some form of assimilation--just to get what we need to build our own and break away. If we were choosing between one or the other then autonomy should be the goal. I know many blacks that are fed up feeling dependent and reliant on others just to feed their families, they hate having to conform to European standards and ideals just to get "chance", and I could go on and on, but point blank period a lot of us that have already tried to assimilate just to make it have realized that we haven't really, and that with the direction things are going, we are never going to truly progress by continuing to do what we've done. Begging for acceptance, jobs, wealth, trying to tell them our lives matter? Nah, we aren't getting anywhere. it's time to break away as soon as we can and have our own nation. Sadly I think there is a sizeable portion of blacks that are too afraid, or worse, desperately want to assimilate.

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
As Malcolm X said total separation is the solution. As long as black people are a minority in America we will NEVER see true equality or justice. The best solution is separation.

MrWestGrand

The Negotiator
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Well, as Trumps cabinet starts to take shape, how many still feel assimilation is a real option? I believe we need to start with education 1st, as the grounds of building the infrastructure need to charter a course toward economic and psychological freedom. Public schools will pretty much be decimated under Trump, so we have to intergrate our own system of schooling within the black community that teaches pride, health, science, math , and economics using the charter and voucher system he's going to implement.

Also, we need to invest in black own credit unions because they are less likely to discriminate on lending based on race. We need a list of organizations like NACA and others, who help fight predatory lending practices, and find black businesses on Wall Street to get behind.

We need to really push to do more business in Africa.