Asian stars of "Hawaii Five-0" quit cause CBS refused to pay them as much as white co-stars

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
The fact that these types of shows stay on the air as long as they do is laughable.

Any idea how much Scott Caan and the other make per episode?

Crazy how CBS pretty icy told them to kick rocks too:

A representative for the network told Variety in a statement: "We are so appreciative of Daniel and Grace's enormous talents, professional excellence, and the aloha spirit they brought to each and every one of our 168 episodes. They've helped us build an exciting new Hawaii Five-0, and we wish them all the best and much success in their next chapters. Mahalo and a hui hou."

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
this show's target audience doesn't care about hawaii being majority asian. they wanna see white people, so the cast is paid accordingly.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I haven't seen an episode in awhile but don't they still have that big Samoan and Hiro from Heroes on the show? The main villain was Asian also.

The villain Wo Fat finally got taken out like season 5 or 6 I think...:jbhmm: The guy from heroes left and the big samoan is still on the show... :heh:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
The same way they made the Ten Commandments without any black people.

Don't look at me breh...:dwillhuh: But you remember that outrage that the movie Aloha had because the film was set in Hawaii and having ONLY white people and no pacific islanders or hawaiians in the movie everyone was like :dahell: even had EMMA STONE playing a half samoan looking like:

:mindblown: shyt was so blatant hollywood keeps trying to do this shyt, gods of egypt, exodus, and now hawaii 5-0...:mjlol:

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster
The villain Wo Fat finally got taken out like season 5 or 6 I think...:jbhmm: The guy from heroes left and the big samoan is still on the show... :heh:

You know a lot about music, clothing/fashion/shoes... And media my breh?!

I hope u swimming in puss or married to a woman who truly treasures u, my brotha.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
I watched the first couple of seasons but why would they think they should be paid as much as the stars of the show? :mindblown:

CBS is a station for old cacs, they aren't going to stop watching because because those Asian cats left:mjlol:
This. The other 2 are clearly the stars. This had nothing to do with race. I bet if Jackie Chan wants the role, they'll give it to him and pay him more than the 2 c@cs.

No homo, but that Asian dude is handsome as hell :ohhh:

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Being on BSG AND LOST makes both of them worldwide known..add in that you can't have a show in hawaii without Asians..how the hell you shyt on your main characters? :mjlol:

That really shows you showrunners don't respect them or value them much...

These two are absolutely right for demanding more $$