Asian stars of "Hawaii Five-0" quit cause CBS refused to pay them as much as white co-stars

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
the cacs are getting a share of the back end profits too. that's what's really bothering the other two stars.

See what I'm saying?!?! :wtf: The asians been there since day 1 why the two white guys getting kickbacks off of production points?!?! :mindblown: Why NOT pay the two asians what they're worth??? Clearly CBS HAS the fukking money!!!!

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the cacs are getting a share of the back end profits too. that's what's really bothering the other two stars.
They Asians stars should have negotiated better from the beginning :yeshrug:.

But realistically this shyt happens everyday in Hollywood. Contract negotiations have to be thought out on multiple levels with long term and short term put into consideration.

I can't feel sorry for them TBH. They get paid millions of dollars and they left because they knew they could make more somewhere else. I'm sure they already have plenty of gigs lined up.

I don't even know if the white co stars were big enough to go to bat for them. They were probably struggling with their own contracts.

Being a lead in a TV show can make it hard for actors to find more work after the show ends sometimes. That's why they try to stick to what they have for as long as possible, because thats sometimes as good as it gets.

The two Asian actors have been supporting actors on multiple tv shows and will continue that road and make good money doing it.

The racial angle to this story just makes it good click bait.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
They Asians stars should have negotiated better from the beginning :yeshrug:.

But realistically this shyt happens everyday in Hollywood. Contract negotiations have to be thought out on multiple levels with long term and short term put into consideration.

I can't feel sorry for them TBH. They get paid millions of dollars and they left because they knew they could make more somewhere else. I'm sure they already have plenty of gigs lined up.

I don't even know if the white co stars were big enough to go to bat for them. They were probably struggling with their own contracts.

Being a lead in a TV show can make it hard for actors to find more work after the show ends sometimes. That's why they try to stick to what they have for as long as possible, because thats sometimes as good as it gets.

The two Asian actors have been supporting actors on multiple tv shows and will continue that road and make good money doing it.

The racial angle to this story just makes it good click bait.

Yeah but how you give the two white co-stars PRODUCTION points but the Asians don't get shyt?!?:patrice: it just doesn't sit right with me. It was an ENSEMBLE cast. Not like the two Asians was an afterthought :mjlol:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All it would have taken was for the two white stars of the show to stand with the two Asians to get them fairly compensated. Guess they aren't cool with them like that.
That's not how Hollywood works, they would risk losing what they have

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hahaha

I'm not surprised...

I was on that show for awhile. They were cool but only there to kinda represent "The island" in a way that didn't interfere with the old whites who actually watch the show.

But mostly all they were looking for were military-ish looking guys and skinny white girls
U were casted on that show?

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But here's the thing, how you pay the WHITE stars more than both of the other cast mates?!?! it should be equal across the board... :why:

Remember the seinfeld cast? they fought for those bonuses Jerry didnt have to do it but he recognized it wouldnt be the same shyt without any of them. :francis:
Jerry got clout though, no comparison

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
The fact that these types of shows stay on the air as long as they do is laughable.

Any idea how much Scott Caan and the other make per episode?

Crazy how CBS pretty icy told them to kick rocks too:

A representative for the network told Variety in a statement: "We are so appreciative of Daniel and Grace's enormous talents, professional excellence, and the aloha spirit they brought to each and every one of our 168 episodes. They've helped us build an exciting new Hawaii Five-0, and we wish them all the best and much success in their next chapters. Mahalo and a hui hou."
:wow:wow
:wow:the way they use the hawain lingo in that statement!!
:wow:cold blooded and pouring salt into the open wound

Last edited:

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah but how you give the two white co-stars PRODUCTION points but the Asians don't get shyt?!?:patrice: it just doesn't sit right with me. It was an ENSEMBLE cast. Not like the two Asians was an afterthought :mjlol:
They need to fire their managers then. The Asian actors played ball thinking they could renegotiate later on down the road. They took the risk and it didn't pay off. This happens all the time in Hollywood, they just both happen to be Asian so it makes for a good story.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They need to fire their managers then. The Asian actors played ball thinking they could renegotiate later on down the road. They took the risk and it didn't pay off. This happens all the time in Hollywood, they just both happen to be Asian so it makes for a good story.

Yea a couple of Asians which also happens to be filmed in Hawaii

What a coincidence

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
CBS known for playing hardball when their actors ask for raises.

Ziva from NCIS asked for a raise, they got rid of her AND killed off her character.

CSI is littered with actors who asked for raises n got axed

King Of Queens ended earlier than it was supposed to, because the cast all wanted a raise.

CBS is CUT THROAT.