*As voted by you* Official Film Room Top 10 Movies of All Time List

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I think it helped that @MartyMcFly clearly said the list should be what you consider 10 of the greatest films and not necessarily personal favorites. In the annals of movie history I don't think there are a lot of movies that single-handedly pushed the film medium forward like Kane. It's pretty much a requirement to put it on the list solely of how advanced it was compared to contemporary films.

Basically..and that's why I said greatest and not favorites because my list would probably look a lot different minus the godfather and the maltese falcon

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I can argue that DeNiro, Pacino's performance and the ending is AMAZING. I think part 2 is a better overall film, we all just have sentimental value towards the first one.

And the Matrix deserves to be on the list, if we are showing respect to Citizen Kane then we deserve to show the Matrix for completely changing S/X and impact on pop culture it had.

I also agree about the shock of no Hitchcock on the list, there is no way you are a film buff and not a Hitchcock fan.

I'd argue the first is better breh

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Standard list i'd agree with...but i would take out the matrix and put in city of god (personally)

The matrix was revolutionary in filmmaking but it borrowed from many other Sci-Fi before it especially cyberpunk anime.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
@MartyMcFly

Matrix isn't in the Top 10
The Dark Knight got more points
@The Taxman didn't put # in front of his picks

:ld:

You sure breh? I had everything on my laptop last night. And I know he didn't but I took them as is just because I was getting annoyed at spelling errors because an alarming amount of people can't spell Samurai, don't know Goodfellas is one work and not two, or the freaking different ways people title the godfather part 2..either like that or Godfather 2, Godfather part II or Godfather II. But if you didn't count his picks then yeah you may be right..so take out the Matrix and put in Dark Knight?

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
The fukk? Space Odyssey and Star Wars? Never seen either :beli:

The Imsider is better than yalls favorite movies, come on people. Crowe and Big Al... Unfukkwittable

No Forrest Gump? Life is like a box of chocolates n1ggaz :comeon:

Last edited:

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
You sure breh? I had everything on my laptop last night. And I know he didn't but I took them as is just because I was getting annoyed at spelling errors because an alarming amount of people can't spell Samurai, don't know Goodfellas is one work and not two, or the freaking different ways people title the godfather part 2..either like that or Godfather 2, Godfather part II or Godfather II. But if you didn't count his picks then yeah you may be right..so take out the Matrix and put in Dark Knight?

I'm just joking around, leave it as is.

:pachaha:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The fukk? Space Odyssey and Star Wars? Never seen either :beli:

The Imsider is better than yalls favorite movies, come on people. Crowe and Big Al... Unfukkwittable

No Forrest Gump? Life is like a box of chocolates n1ggaz :comeon:

Breh not a single person voted for Forrest Gump...and how have you never seen 2001 or Star Wars?

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Breh not a single person voted for Forrest Gump...and how have you never seen 2001 or Star Wars?
I tried looking @ star wars once, just not my thing. Turned off after 10mins and never had a desire to watch any of em. Same goes for the Lord of The Rings movies and Harry Potter. Never seen any of em.

Don't know why I never seen Space Odyssey. I doubt its top 10 worthy.

These coli dudes didnt even have Insider tho. They can't be trusted imo :beli:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I tried looking @ star wars once, kust not my thing. Turned off after 10mins amd never had a desire to watch any of em. Same goes for the Lord of The Rings movies amd Harry Potter. Never seem any of em.

Don't know why I never seen Space Odyssey. I doubt its top 10 worthy.

These coli dudes didnt even have Insider tho. They can't be trusted imo :beli:

2001 is a landmark flick tho breh..It's Kubrick probably at his apex, it's definitely top 10 worthy. And I don't see the insider being a top 10 movie. I mean is it better than the godfather or godfather 2 or goodfellas or citizen kane?

And to be fair, Star Wars isn't in the top 10, Empire Strikes Back is and you should give that one a shot..it's very different from the first one