*As voted by you* Official Film Room Top 10 Movies of All Time List

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Dope list for the most part...

Matrix idk....

Never been a fan of apocalypse now....nor citizen Kane.

Good list tho. The God is #1 as it should be....

But....

The good the bad and the ugly should be top ten

Shame on y'all...:birdman:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
More like kids movies for adults. Fine then. We can group them all together. I'd put Free Willy and Home Alone up against Spiderman and The Avengers. Comic book nerds would be pissed though.

Top 10 animated is interesting and there are a lot more movies to pull from. I don't think we should do anything where there are only a hand full of flicks to pick from

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Right I'm sure there are a lot of comic book movies out there that people don't KNOW are movies based on comic books.

Maybe just superhero movies then based on DC/Marvel properties. I dunno...

See if we do that then it becomes a smaller list and it won't be fun to see different ideas or favorites. I'd rather do comic book adaptations period which opens it up

cook

Banned
Daps
Not really what I expected for a list but :ehh:

Citizen Kane, Schindler's List and Matrix were all surprising.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Top 10 animated is interesting and there are a lot more movies to pull from. I don't think we should do anything where there are only a hand full of flicks to pick from

Yea, and doing a super hero movie will bring a bunch of debate about what is considered a superhero movie (The Incredibles, Blankman, Darkman, Meteor Man) and who did it better (Spiderman vs Amazing Spiderman, Batman vs The Dark Knight, X-Men, etc) which will just make the process harder and more pointless as you can't please comic book nerds and movie buffs all in one. I'd just stick with Horror Movies top 10 next and see where it goes from there. I'm sure you will meet a lot of controversy with that genre alone after the way Hitchcock got snubbed on the All Time list.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yea, and doing a super hero movie will bring a bunch of debate about what is considered a superhero movie (The Incredibles, Blankman, Darkman, Meteor Man) and who did it better (Spiderman vs Amazing Spiderman, Batman vs The Dark Knight, X-Men, etc) which will just make the process harder and more pointless as you can't please comic book nerds and movie buffs all in one. I'd just stick with Horror Movies top 10 next and see where it goes from there. I'm sure you will meet a lot of controversy with that genre alone after the way Hitchcock got snubbed on the All Time list.

Oh yeah @kp404 is handling the horror movie thing and he can't wait. Neither can I. I think we should do Top 10 Action flicks in between then..then top 10 Comedy in September and top 10 horror in October

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Oh yeah @kp404 is handling the horror movie thing and he can't wait. Neither can I. I think we should do Top 10 Action flicks in between then..then top 10 Comedy in September and top 10 horror in October

Top 10 Action is gonna be very hard. I'm down though. It'll be the first movie list where directors like John Woo and Michael Bay get their props. Comedy will be stoners vs everyone else's opinion. :myman:Let's do it.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I'm kinda shocked Citizen Kane is in the top 10. I mean, on official movie lists, its always near the top, but I've never seen a thread or anyone discuss that film here. I guess props to the movie heads here :jawalrus:

I think it helped that @MartyMcFly clearly said the list should be what you consider 10 of the greatest films and not necessarily personal favorites. In the annals of movie history I don't think there are a lot of movies that single-handedly pushed the film medium forward like Kane. It's pretty much a requirement to put it on the list solely of how advanced it was compared to contemporary films.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Watched all of them and Citizen Kane, Schindler's List, Godfather pt II, and maybe Matrix are what I like most on there.
Only one I don't care too much for is 2001 and prefer Clockwork Orange.

Probably wouldn't put any of those in my personal top 10, but then I definitely got shockingly odd tastes.:manny:
i prefer clockwork as well..but the visuals of 2001 are too :whew: and it pretty much legitimized sci fi as a genre

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Godfather 1 is DEFINITELY better than Godfather 2 because of 2 things: Marlon Brando, and Michael Corleone's transformation is AMAZING. Godfather II is only a few points lower than Godfather I because of those 2 things
I can argue that DeNiro, Pacino's performance and the ending is AMAZING. I think part 2 is a better overall film, we all just have sentimental value towards the first one.

And the Matrix deserves to be on the list, if we are showing respect to Citizen Kane then we deserve to show the Matrix for completely changing S/X and impact on pop culture it had.

I also agree about the shock of no Hitchcock on the list, there is no way you are a film buff and not a Hitchcock fan.