*As voted by you* Official Film Room Top 10 Movies of All Time List

Zardoz

mmmmmmmmmmlli
Daps
Watched all of them and Citizen Kane, Schindler's List, Godfather pt II, and maybe Matrix are what I like most on there.
Only one I don't care too much for is 2001 and prefer Clockwork Orange.

Probably wouldn't put any of those in my personal top 10, but then I definitely got shockingly odd tastes.:manny:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Watched all of them and Citizen Kane, Schindler's List, Godfather pt II, and maybe Matrix are what I like most on there.
Only one I don't care too much for is 2001 and prefer Clockwork Orange.

Probably wouldn't put any of those in my personal top 10, but then I definitely got shockingly odd tastes.:manny:

Funny I'm not a fan of clockwork orange

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I am shocked at The Matrix and Schindler's List getting into the Top 10 over other movies in the same genres but other than that it's a pretty good list.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I am shocked at The Matrix and Schindler's List getting into the Top 10 over other movies in the same genres but other than that it's a pretty good list.

Matrix is the biggest shock to me on the list. And that's not a diss at all, just don't think of it as a top 10 of all time list...also, a lot of cats can't spell Schindler or Shawshank

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Also, interesting to see the directors repped in this top 10. The Wachowski's and Irvin Kershner are more or less in it because they made one incredibly huge movie that pretty much defined their careers. But if you look at the rest:

Francis Ford Coppola
Martin Scorsese
Quentin Tarantino
Orson Welles
Stanley Kubrick
Steven Spielberg

And add names repped in the Top 20 like Akira Kurosawa, Paul Thomas Anderson, Spike Lee, David Lean, Frank Darabont and Christopher Nolan (and the like four/five guys attributed to The Wizard Of Oz) and that's not a bad list either, brehs. It does make the lack of Hitchcock stand out even more, but I always felt Hitchcock has the problem that his filmography is a lot more expansive which makes it harder to give him one defining film. For me it would be Vertigo, but for someone else it would be Psycho, or Dial M For Murder, or Rear Window, or North By Northwest, or, well, you get the drift.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Also, interesting to see the directors repped in this top 10. The Wachowski's and Irvin Kershner are more or less in it because they made one incredibly huge movie that pretty much defined their careers. But if you look at the rest:

Francis Ford Coppola
Martin Scorsese
Quentin Tarantino
Orson Welles
Stanley Kubrick
Steven Spielberg

And add names repped in the Top 20 like Akira Kurosawa, Paul Thomas Anderson, Spike Lee, David Lean, Frank Darabont and Christopher Nolan (and the like four/five guys attributed to The Wizard Of Oz) and that's not a bad list either, brehs. It does make the lack of Hitchcock stand out even more, but I always felt Hitchcock has the problem that his filmography is a lot more expansive which makes it harder to give him one defining film. For me it would be Vertigo, but for someone else it would be Psycho, or Dial M For Murder, or Rear Window, or North By Northwest, or, well, you get the drift.

Also what makes it tough if you look at those directors as compared to Hitchcock, outside of Coppola Welles and Kubrick and obviously Kershner, they're all still making movies today so their influence continues to be felt by different generations. It's to the point where a Hitchcock flick being on our top 10 was going to be a tough pull because a lot of fans probably aren't that familiar with his work or him as a director. Psycho is probably his biggest movie in terms of pop culture zeitgeist but I know that's a tough one for some people to sit through and it's not as omnipresent as The Godfather or Goodfellas or Empire. Coppola hasn't made a great movie in years yet he's got three in our top 10 so that tells you something about the lasting impact of those three films

x-factor7

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'm kinda shocked Citizen Kane is in the top 10. I mean, on official movie lists, its always near the top, but I've never seen a thread or anyone discuss that film here. I guess props to the movie heads here :jawalrus:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
If you're gonna do it by categories next I think the best starting point would be supehero/comic book movies. Seems like those are always a hot topic here and you'd probably get a lot of feedback.

As for this list? Not bad considering the demos here. Probably around what you would expect I guess. Nothing too shameful.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
If you're gonna do it by categories next I think the best starting point would be supehero/comic book movies. Seems like those are always a hot topic here and you'd probably get a lot of feedback.

As for this list? Not bad considering the demos here. Probably around what you would expect I guess. Nothing too shameful.

I hadn't thought about which one next outside of horror movies in October. My problem with doing comic book flicks is we'd have to open it up in order to get a good pool of movies...like including a history of violence, any tmnt movie, sin city and 300 etc not just spider man, batman and superman

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I hadn't thought about which one next outside of horror movies in October. My problem with doing comic book flicks is we'd have to open it up in order to get a good pool of movies...like including a history of violence, any tmnt movie, sin city and 300 etc not just spider man, batman and superman

Right I'm sure there are a lot of comic book movies out there that people don't KNOW are movies based on comic books.

Maybe just superhero movies then based on DC/Marvel properties. I dunno...