*As voted by you* Official Film Room Top 10 Movies of All Time List

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I like Forrest Gump. Hell, I might even say I REALLY like it. It's not perfect, but it's incredibly rewatchable imo.

That said....it may not even be Top 10 TOM HANKS movie imo.

Saving Private Ryan
Catch Me If You Can
Toy Story Trilogy
Charlie Wilson's War
Road To Perdition
Big

It's definitely not higher than any of those, at least on MY list.

The Green Mile
Cast Away
Philadelphia
Apollo 13

It's in that group.

:manny:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
How can Forrest Gump be a top 10 of all time if it isnt even Tom Hanks best movie?

Private Ryan
Toy Story
Cast Away
Catch Me If You Can

are all better IMO and there's a few others too.

:camby::cape:

Truth; Philadelphia, Saving private Ryan, Cast Away, and Road to Perdition were better Tom Hanks performances than Forrest Gump...the fact it beat Pulp Fiction alone is such a travesty that it plummets in value for many

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Around Shia breh? I know there are Transformers rides but not Shia

They didn't build a ride around Jack Sparrow either breh.....he may be featured on the ride, but it opened in fukking 1967 :russ:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Can someone tell me what they think is the most popular quote from any of the Pirates movies so I can compare that to quotes from Gump on google trends too?

:sas2:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
I thought Jack was more popular though.

I like Forrest Gump. Hell, I might even say I REALLY like it. It's not perfect, but it's incredibly rewatchable imo.

That said....it may not even be Top 10 TOM HANKS movie imo.

Saving Private Ryan
Catch Me If You Can
Toy Story Trilogy
Charlie Wilson's War
Road To Perdition
Big

It's definitely not higher than any of those, at least on MY list.

The Green Mile
Cast Away
Philadelphia
Apollo 13

It's in that group.

:manny:

Truth.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Can someone tell me what they think is the most popular quote from any of the Pirates movies so I can compare that to quotes from Gump on google trends too?

Simple questions: Is Forrest Gump worthy of top 10 discussion: no. is it even in Tom hanks best movies: no. This argument is not that hard and you posted the AFI's list that confirms EVERYTHING we are arguing, so what is your point?

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot

"Momma said knock you out!" is one of the most popular lyrics in hip-hop. So I guess that makes LL Cool J more popular than Jay-Z currently. Right?:comeon:

I guess that puts Jerry Maguire in the top 10 too since "Show me the money" "You had me at hello" and "The quan" are so popular.:camby:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Simple questions: Is Forrest Gump worthy of top 10 discussion: no. is it even in Tom hanks best movies: no. This argument is not that hard and you posted the AFI's list that confirms EVERYTHING we are arguing, so what is your point?

The answer to both of your questions:

1. It's an opinion.
2. It's an opinion.

Stop tryna back your way outta this. You're the one that said Jack Sparrow was MILES ahead in popularity.

What's my point? The same that it's been this entire time. That Forrest Gump is one of the most beloved and popular movies of all time. You're the one that debated me on that.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
The answer to both of your questions:

1. It's an opinion.
2. It's an opinion.

Stop tryna back your way outta this. You're the one that said Jack Sparrow was MILES ahead in popularity.

What's my point? The same that it's been this entire time. That Forrest Gump is one of the most beloved and popular movies of all time. You're the one that debated me on that.

Beloved is not true. its looked at as an embarrassment since it won over Pulp Fiction, especially since it is heavy-handed, uses racial stereotypes, and ridiculously uneven. hell, its sitting at 72% on rotten tomatoes and that's after 2 decades; yes it's popular (only because its sentimental fluff), but its not as Beloved as you're trying to argue, so stop it, you haven't proved anything.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Beloved is not true. its looked at as an embarrassment since it won over Pulp Fiction, especially since it is heavy-handed, uses racial stereotypes, and ridiculously uneven. hell, its sitting at 72% on rotten tomatoes and that's after 2 decades; yes it's popular (only because its sentimental fluff), but its not as Beloved as you're trying to argue, so stop it, you haven't proved anything.

Let's cite other people's opinions when we agree with it but not when we don't brehs.

AFI... the american film institute... says is the 74th greatest american movie of all time.

Coli thugs have it in their top 10.

That's good enough for me. :sas2: