*As voted by you* Official Film Room Top 10 Movies of All Time List

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Simple questions: Is Forrest Gump worthy of top 10 discussion: no. is it even in Tom hanks best movies: no. This argument is not that hard and you posted the AFI's list that confirms EVERYTHING we are arguing, so what is your point?

Look, you guys can't point to the AFI list as proof that Forrest Gump isn't that good without pointing out that The Matrix isn't anywhere on the list.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Let's cite other people's opinions when we agree with it but not when we don't brehs.

AFI... the american film institute... says is the 74th greatest american movie of all time.

Coli thugs have it in their top 10.

That's good enough for me. :sas2:

its not top 10, that's the point of the argument man:mjlol: did you read the OP list? Again, let me restate: 74 is not 10, or even top 50...its 74.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
They didn't build a ride around Jack Sparrow either breh.....he may be featured on the ride, but it opened in fukking 1967 :russ:

No shyt but guess who they dumped into the ride as soon as he became the most popular character in the franchise? Guess who's walking around Disney and a key part of the park on both coasts?

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Look, you guys can't point to the AFI list as proof that Forrest Gump isn't that good without pointing out that The Matrix isn't anywhere on the list.

I love the Matrix, but I was one of the ones that said it doesn't crack top 10 or top 20 GOAT movies imo, so I don't have a problem with that

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Actually that's precisely what it does. :pachaha:

Maybe in your own little world where every one is white and has acces to the internet and knows how to use google. Its ignorant people like you that are the reason Cac Gump won the Oscar and is even mentioned today.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
No shyt but guess who they dumped into the ride as soon as he became the most popular character in the franchise? Guess who's walking around Disney and a key part of the park on both coasts?

I legit don't even know why you're comparing Jack Sparrow to Forrest Gump anyway.......one is a drunk, swashbuckling, wisecracking PIRATE....the other is dimwitted moron who's known for sitting on a bench. How is Forrest Gump supposed to be a popular character.

I'm not going to defend Forrest Gump as an all-time classic film, but it's cultural relevance is beyond reproach imo.. Other than Woody, it's without question the most iconic role from one of our most iconic actors.

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
He has to be trolling, off topic let's discuss the greatness that is pulp fiction, do not judge the impact of that film based on your opinion of the director. Pulp Fiction is by far better than Forrest Gump, that really deads your argument alone.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Forrest Gump is STILL the most controversial Oscar winner of all time

While I agree with you that FG doesn't not belong in the top 10 but lets not lie here. FG was heavy fav. to win since it got 13 noms, did well at other awards shows and was #2 at the box office

Everyone knows that Quiz Show was the best picture that year anyway :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Maybe in your own little world where every one is white and has acces to the internet and knows how to use google. Its ignorant people like you that are the reason Cac Gump won the Oscar and is even mentioned today.

Right... I'm sure Jack Sparrow is more popular in parts of the world where they don't have internet. :heh:

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Can we agree on Michael Bolton being the best actor to play Jack and Gump?

• Dap
Reactions: HHR

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Forrest Gump is STILL the most controversial Oscar winner of all time because it hasn't aged well at all...

No way.

The English Patient beating out Fargo is a far more egregious slight.

Psycho wasn't even nominated.

And of course, Citizen Kane lost to a movie I don't think anyone has ever actually seen.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I legit don't even know why you're comparing Jack Sparrow to Forrest Gump anyway.......one is a drunk, swashbuckling, wisecracking PIRATE....the other is dimwitted moron who's known for sitting on a bench. How is Forrest Gump supposed to be a popular character.

I'm not going to defend Forrest Gump as an all-time classic film, but it's cultural relevance is beyond reproach imo.. Other than Woody, it's without question the most iconic role from one of our most iconic actors.

I'm agreeing with you on Jack being a popular character but this is the argument he started...he said that if you showed people a picture of Forrest next to Jack more people would recognize Forrest thus indicating that Forrest Gump is more popular and omnipresent than the Pirates flicks and I disagree.

I'm not saying that the role isn't iconic my stance is the movie isn't as big of a deal culturally still whereas the other films on the list are. Most of them if not 8/10 are being bitten by directors and studios still, while two of them are still important films either because of their look at history (Schindler's List) or the sheer scope and skill in filmmaking (Apocalypse Now). Gump is a good flick in my eyes but I don't see it having the impact that those films do and maybe that's on me but I just don't see it. It's not even Robert Zemeckis' most impactful or popular flick

And I prefer Turner from Turner and Hooch myself:troll:

• Dap
Reactions: HHR