*As voted by you* Official Film Room Top 10 Movies of All Time List

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Neither of those movies are anywhere near as popular as Forrest Gump.

There are CHARACTERS, SCENES, MOMENTS, QUOTES that still get referenced to this day. Things that people know even if they haven't seen the movie.

Gary Sinise is an accomplished hollywood actor and he's still Lieutenant Dan to 90% of the people that see his face on TV.

nikka most people don't even know who the fukk Gary Sinise is:mjlol:He was a great actor back in the day, but none of his roles is as memorable as you are trying to push...the best thing he did was George Wallace:stopitslime:

To the bolded post, like what other than that bullshyt "life is like a box of chocolates" crap? What else do people reference on a daily basis from Forrest Gump? shyt is only popular because its HATED by many who loved it when it first came out...you are right though...people are STILL talking about how much they hated that it won the best picture oscar when it wasn't really a good film..it dragged in parts, it was waaaaay too heavy handed, and the way they made the black panthers look is fukking racist as hell as the Panthers did not act like that...

Like Ruckus said, fukk Gump

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
:comeon:That movie was probably good in the 90's. It never aged well though.

I watch it now like:why:how this much shyt happen to this retarded cac and regular nikkas still struggling to get a job or not get profiled and shot?
:what:fukk Forrest.
Confidence and a good personality can go a long way. Forrest was an amazing human being. :wow:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
:patrice: Idk breh Pirates as a franchise has grossed around 4-5 billion dollars and that's not including merchandising and video sales and licensing. That's just box office. I don't know if forest is as popular as that. Captain Jack Sparrow is probably more popular than any character in Forrest Gump

jack Sparrow is MILES AHEAD of Gump interms of popularity...these dudes like @Kill Dat Noize got sentimental value over Gump back when they were kids and don't wanna admit that shyt was heavy handed and ridiculously uneven film

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The ONLY thing Forrest Gump has been remembered for after 20 years is that stupid box of chocolates line. NOTHING ELSE.

And for being the movie that should've lost to Pulp Fiction. Again I got no problem with the movie but just because it was popular and own best picture doesn't mean it's a landmark film. Silence of the Lambs is a landmark and impactful film but dances with wolves isn't. Not all oscar winners are created equal

Daps
Reppin
NYC
jack Sparrow is MILES AHEAD of Gump interms of popularity...these dudes like @Kill Dat Noize got sentimental value over Gump back when they were kids and don't wanna admit that shyt was heavy handed and ridiculously uneven film

Yea... with people under the age of 12 maybe.

I am 100% positive that if you ask 100 people in the street and show then pictures of both characters that more people will know the name Forrest Gump over Jack Sparrow.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community

I am 100% positive that if you ask 100 people in the street and show then pictures of both characters that more people will know the name Forrest Gump over Jack Sparrow.

How can you be 100 percent positive if you haven't done the test yet? You can go outside and do the test your proposed and you can report back to us the results:pachaha:
it won't change the fact that nobody considers that movie classic anymore other than people with sentimental value of it...Forrest Gump was uneven, dragged, and used racial stereotypes in ridiculous ways in its ridiculous story...it can't sniff the top 50 movies of all time, not even close...

But go ahead and test your hypothesis

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Breh. You're my dude but stop this chicanery right now. Jack Sparrow is at the center of a multi billion dollar franchise that has existed in pop culture for a decade now. He's a fixture at Disney land and comic con, he's played by one of the most popular actors in the world. When your movie makes that much money constantly you are hitting ALL demographics not just 12 year olds.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
like what other than that bullshyt "life is like a box of chocolates" crap? What else do people reference on a daily basis from Forrest Gump?

Life is like a box of chocolates
Run Forrest run
Stupid is as stupid does
I may not be a smart man...
Jenny
Bubba
Lieutenant Dan
The musical score

Just to name a few.

Now show me the things from POTC that will still get mentioned in 25 years.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
How can you be 100 percent positive if you haven't done the test yet? You can go outside and do the test your proposed and you can report back to us the results:pachaha:
it won't change the fact that nobody considers that movie classic anymore other than people with sentimental value of it...Forrest Gump was uneven, dragged, and used racial stereotypes in ridiculous ways in its ridiculous story...it can't sniff the top 50 movies of all time, not even close...

But go ahead and test your hypothesis

Translation: Me and a few people on that post on the coli don't like the movie so it isn't a classic anymore.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Breh. You're my dude but stop this chicanery right now. Jack Sparrow is at the center of a multi billion dollar franchise that has existed in pop culture for a decade now. He's a fixture at Disney land and comic con, he's played by one of the most popular actors in the world. When your movie makes that much money constantly you are hitting ALL demographics not just 12 year olds.

:salute:

:to:Still can't believe he said Gump more popular than the nikka Jack Sparrow, breh.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Life is like a box of chocolates
Run Forrest run
Stupid is as stupid does
I may not be a smart man...
Jenny
Bubba
Lieutenant Dan
The musical score

Just to name a few.

Now show me the things from POTC that will still get mentioned in 25 years.

None of these are referenced by the general public dude. You are reaching, breh, get over it. The only line the general public knows is the chocolate garbage...

Listing characters from the movie doesn't make them popular breh :mjlol:Try again.