As an almost day 1 fan of the 'Souls-Like' genre, Bloodborne is objectively the WORST 'souls-like' game of them all despite being a great game...

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
You are still missing the fukking point we are BOTH trying to make.
We aren't making the same point at all. Just because the mechanics vary between games doesn't mean they belong in different genres. Just because tekken plays different than soul caliber doesn't mean it's a separate genre.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
We aren't making the same point at all. Just because the mechanics vary between games doesn't mean they belong in different genres. Just because tekken plays different than soul caliber doesn't mean it's a separate genre.
Tekken and Soul Caliber have a lot more similarities in their gameplay loop than Dark Souls and Bloodborne though. You literally cannot play Bloodborne like Dark Souls, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE.... you can kinda play Dark Souls like Bloodborne it just might not be the most effective strategy given the situation. Tekken and Soul Caliber play different but it is nowhere close to the difference between Dark Souls and Bloodborne.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Funny thing is Dark Souls is a Metroidvania game... I'd actually argue it is the best Metroidvania game ever actually. It shares a lot of similarities of world/map design and approach to the game as as a Metroidvania game, but no one ever puts it in that category even though it plays like what you would expect a 3d Castlevania game to play like.
Yes people do consider dark souls a metroidvania game. Thats literally how everyone describes the world design.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
You literally cannot play Bloodborne like Dark Souls, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE.... you can kinda play Dark Souls like Bloodborne it just might not be the most effective strategy given the situation.

well.gif

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Tekken and Soul Caliber have a lot more similarities in their gameplay loop than Dark Souls and Bloodborne though. You literally cannot play Bloodborne like Dark Souls, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE.... you can kinda play Dark Souls like Bloodborne it just might not be the most effective strategy given the situation. Tekken and Soul Caliber play different but it is nowhere close to the difference between Dark Souls and Bloodborne.
This is bullshyt. If you played a dark souls game then you'll have an understanding of what to expect in bloodborne. The combat might be different but most of the other elements will be extremely similar. If you're good in any souls-like game those skills will transfer to other souls-like games because you already know how those games work. I've always played Dark Souls shieldless, two handing weapons, and relying on dodging so Bloodborne was not that different to me because most of the other mechanics were the same.

Being good in mortal kombat or Tekken will not help you in street fighter or soul caliber.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
…like it isn't the most easily accessible and casual game From Soft has made…

shyt you just made a great argument for why I should give it a try…I feel comfortable saying more gamers in general prefer a more “relaxed” gaming experience like this

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
was wondering why this thread had so many responses despite being created in the middle of the night…got ugly in here :picard:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
shyt you just made a great argument for why I should give it a try…I feel comfortable saying more gamers in general prefer a more “relaxed” gaming experience like this
Don't play Bloodborne thinking you're gonna get a more "relaxed" gaming experience breh. If you don't play these type of games then Bloodborne is next to sekiro as the least casual friendly Souls game. Bloodborne is like a faster Dark souls with no ranged attacks and no shield.