As an almost day 1 fan of the 'Souls-Like' genre, Bloodborne is objectively the WORST 'souls-like' game of them all despite being a great game...

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
I mean, its just as inaccessible as dark souls is. You’re dropped in a medical clinic with no weapons and a huge werewolf is standing between you and the exit. That is extremely unconventional compared to the hand holdy AAA games on the market. Then they pretty much put a weapon in your hand and throw you in the middle of a angry mob of demon-men, giants, rabid dogs, giant crows, more werewolves, a surprise boss battle, etc.

Its the same formula different package. Bloodborne is more about speed and being aggressive, where dark souls is more about patience and timing. I honestly dont think one is any easier than the other. Theres a million ways to break a souls game, theres less ways to break bloodborne.

Absolutely not, the opening fight is meant to teach you about how death works in the game not to showcase the difficulty, most gamers are impatient which lends itself to Bloodbornes play style. It is almost impossible for a new player to beat that first enemy.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I garentee you wouldn't do a damn thing in real life, quoting movies thinking you're funny.

You're a fakkit writing long ass schizophrenic post, crying about slight changes in gameplay styles because your autistic ass can't handle minor changes in a fukking video game. I know for a fact you a bytch.
Like I said hoe, put an address on that shyt or shut the fukk up talking to me you talk a lot of shyt from a safe place. You literally said an the least important elements to a Souls game, A fukkING RPG, are the RPG elements but you call me retarded. You nikkas are remedial and illiterate and lack critical thinking.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Absolutely not, the opening fight is meant to teach you about how death works in the game not to showcase the difficulty, most gamers are impatient which lends itself to Bloodbornes play style. It is almost impossible for a new player to beat that first enemy.

I’m not saying its a test of skill im saying the unconventional set up of the game is similar to dark souls where they are teaching you about the death system. The rest of the level is the deep end of the pool, in fact I’ve found Central Yharnam to be the most difficult starting area in any Miyazaki game.

I’ve always found souls games to be far more easy.:manny:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Like I said hoe, put an address on that shyt or shut the fukk up talking to me you talk a lot of shyt from a safe place. You literally said an the least important elements to a Souls game, A fukkING RPG, are the RPG elements but you call me retarded. You nikkas are remedial and illiterate and lack critical thinking.
I'm not in Dallas, if you're in Cali anytime soon let me know and I'll gladly send an address. But I know your bytch ass ain't serious.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
My main issue is, is that the clones of these games aren't going heavy on the RPG part of the series, they are going more action oriented. I don't mind people making their own versions, most will suck, but some will be good. But I want an RPG first and foremost, it's my favorite part of the game, not the action elements to it. People are mad now, but in a few years will realize why the RPG elements were there. Hell even Star Wars made a Bloodborne clone with Fallen Order, I want more RPG in these games not less.

The problem is the map (personally my favorite aspect of souls games) and balancing the rpg elements is some of the most difficult parts of making a game, so naturally that is what's left out of the clones. Very few clones come close to the variability of the first souls games even my favorites like The Surge. Sounds like you would really enjoy Let It Die, you should just play it no trailers no nothing.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
The build system isn't the most important element of a souls like game. Sekiro is a souls like game and it doesn't have any rpg elements.
Exactly 'Souls-like'. Build is very important in Dark Souls 1,2 and 3 meaning actual souls games. Sekiro, Bloodborne and Elden ring are not souls games.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Exactly 'Souls-like'. Build is very important in Dark Souls 1,2 and 3 meaning actual souls games. Sekiro, Bloodborne and Elden ring are not souls games.
Breh, I know the difference between "souls-like" and an actual dark souls game. The dude who started the thread is trying to argue that bloodborne isn't a "souls-like" game and belongs in a separate genre altogether. Yeah the build system is important to dark souls, but it's not the main element that makes a game "souls-like". It's the style gameplay, level design, and difficulty that makes a game "souls-like".

Nioh is souls-like, but it's not a clone of dark souls.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Elden Ring has more in common with Dark Souls on the RPG elements part to it, where Elden Ring diverges from a Souls-like is the world design. The open world part of it and ability to go and grind and get stronger and come back and take on a boss later is kind of the exact opposite of the Metroidvania like 'you gotta beat this boss before you can progress further' that Dark Souls does. Bloodborne still has that, whereas Elden Ring doesn't. Bloodbornes world design is slightly different in there aren't any diverging roots. In DS1 when you get out the Undead Asylum you can either go to the undead parish or you can jump directly into the shyt and go to Blighttown... or you can be a fool and go fight the ghosts in the ruins off the muscle. Bloodborne the game pushes you down a certain path a lot more than Dark Souls does.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
I’m not saying its a test of skill im saying the unconventional set up of the game is similar to dark souls where they are teaching you about the death system. The rest of the level is the deep end of the pool, in fact I’ve found Central Yharnam to be the most difficult starting area in any Miyazaki game.

I’ve always found souls games to be far more easy.:manny:

Then I'd have to ask you did you play DS2 before Bloodborne:yeshrug:

I can see Bloodborne being difficult if you initially play it like a Souls game, your timing would be way off and at that point in time only DS2 would've replicated that, if you even played with a dex build. I played every single souls game with a shield or heavy weapon, never parried, and (at that time) skipped Bloodborne so Sekiro was extremely difficult for me to play.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Breh, I know the difference between "souls-like" and an actual dark souls game. The dude who started the thread is trying to argue that bloodborne isn't a "souls-like" game and belongs in a separate genre altogether. Yeah the build system is important to dark souls, but it's not the main element that makes a game "souls-like". It's the style gameplay, level design, and difficulty that makes a game "souls-like".

Nioh is souls-like, but it's not a clone of dark souls.
nikka Dark Souls is a lot more RPG than Bloodborne which is more action oriented. You are still missing the fukking point we are BOTH trying to make. :snoop:

We get the level design and difficulty are part of what makes a souls like, but one of these games is definitely a lot more RPG focused than the other which is action focused. It definitely has an effect on how you play and perceive the game. You literally cannot play Bloodborne like Dark Souls because Bloodborne is literally missing a lot of the mechanics you need to play it like Dark Souls. Dark Souls is an action RPG which is heavy on the RPG elements, Bloodborne is an action game which is light on RPG elements. Sekiro is an action game which the RPG elements are nearly non existent. Bloodborne and Sekiro play similar to each other in they are more focused on the action and the game kind of forces you to play that way. Dark Souls you have a lot more freedome to choose how you want to play the game, kinda similar to an Elder Scrolls or Fallout game, whereas Bloodborne and Sekiro have more in common with an action game like DMC or Ninja Gaiden.