As an almost day 1 fan of the 'Souls-Like' genre, Bloodborne is objectively the WORST 'souls-like' game of them all despite being a great game...

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
None of you cared, played or talked about the Souls series until bloodborne. Look around it’s only Sony stans that praise that game and beg for a sequel while simultaneously now hating on Lies of P after it was announced as gamepass day 1

Goofy nikkas can never keep your story straight :mjlol:

The first game in a series is usually the weakest just by way of progression. I was literally the ONLY one of the regulars on this board that actually played and talked about the OG Demons souls. Ironically none of you cared about it till you had to stan the remake as a “PS5 exclusive launch game” :mjlol:

Pretty much all Long time Souls fans feel the same way about Bloodborne hence the existence of this thread. Especially considering how shytty it was on a technical level:scust:

Same for Sekiro which was only slightly better than bloodborne, and more technically sound, but still not touching the Souls Games.

:dahell:

plenty dudes was up on souls games dating back to SOHH, I copped demon souls on release way back. you such a trash ass poster :wow:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
9th most replies in the OT thread at that :dead:

edit: Forgot about this. shyt was so goofy that we had to get a banner for homie :russ:

DEwqHra.jpg
Did he even play the game?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I mean, it is the case though.

Souls-like games refer to any game directly influenced by things From created,.

OP is saying RPG elements should be considered a core tenent too....the issue is From didn't create any part of that.

Fred.
From didn’t create the idea of collecting souls, respawning enemies, stamina based combat, either but here we are :francis:

What they did was make the first, REAL, action JRPG.

They took all the things from a classic 90s JRPG and made it 3D an real time action.

That’s what Dark Souls is. That’s what a Souls-like should be if we were being accurate with our descriptions.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Deebo'd his nephew for PS4 to play it I believe. :francis:
Did he really play it tho? Or did he just try it for a couple minutes just so he could argue that the shyt was trash on thecoli.

I know breh is always in every thread about the game saying it's overrated, but I've never seen him talk about his experience with it.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The premise of the thread doesn’t really make sense cause once again, the distinction is already in the name “soulsborne” its like saying something can’t be a metroidvania if it doesn’t have one of the gameplay systems of metroid or Castlevania

Everyone thats played the souls games and bloodborne always make the distinction. Life of Pi has always been described as a bloodborne clone.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
breh loves to just make shyt up. demon souls came out like 15 years ago and was such a random success they were able to continue with dark souls but no one played it.

make it make sense.
First off, i didn’t say “nobody played it” I said nobody ON THIS BOARD talked about it or played it.

Second, Demons Souls was not a big success at launch. People felt it was too weird and too difficult. It never even surpassed 1 million copies sold and that was after a huge price cut a re-release.

That’s facts. I’ve made nothing up.

I’m very informed on the History of the series cause i’ve been a huge fan from Day 1

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Did he really play it tho? Or did he just try it for a couple minutes just so he could argue that the shyt was trash on thecoli.

I know breh is always in every thread about the game saying it's overrated, but I've never seen him talk about his experience with it.
Shuttup fakkit. Mind your business :camby:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
First off, i didn’t say “nobody played it” I said nobody ON THIS BOARD talked about it or played it.

Second, Demons Souls was not a big success at launch. People felt it was too weird and too difficult. It never even surpassed 1 million copies sold and that was after a huge price cut a re-release.

That’s facts. I’ve made nothing up.

I’m very informed on the History of the series cause i’ve been a huge fan from Day 1

I wish we still had the sohh servers so I could pull receipts because people on here most certainly played it. Why would i make this up :dwillhuh: